Survios Bringing New Aliens Game To PC, Consoles & VR!

Started by Darkness, Jul 14, 2022, 03:24:05 PM

Author
Survios Bringing New Aliens Game To PC, Consoles & VR! (Read 20,771 times)

Corporal Hicks

I've not listened to it yet, but here's an interview with a Survios dev. Apparently the game is mentioned in here:

Schrödinger

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Sep 22, 2023, 05:53:46 AMI've not listened to it yet, but here's an interview with a Survios dev. Apparently the game is mentioned in here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Atq3g0CMgU

Good lord that guy is loud. Lot of clicking, snaps, smacks, so on. xD Thank goodness it only took 2 minutes to get the confirmation they are still working on it.

Anyways thanks for the vid, Hicks. Always good to get confirmation of things, especially since Aliens projects tend to either be rumors or just die off.

Ste

I'll check it out, but I was sort of hoping for an experience closer to 'Aliens'. Given the choice in the Alien universe, I'd prefer to have the marine, pulse rifle and motion tracker VR experience, rather than the VR hiding in cupboards simulator. But, will wait and see. The are branding it as 'Aliens' though

Acid_Reign161

This sounds positive! I was convinced this was basically going to be 'Aliens Extermination VR' - but if they are treating it as survival horror, I'm a very happy man indeed! 😃

Adam802

Xenomorph Nerd

Great to hear!  This sounds promising

Xenomorphine

I don't want to play as yet another Marine or as a vulnerable civilian. I want a gaming experience which lets me play as an Alien.

Acid_Reign161

Quote from: Xenomorphine on Oct 09, 2023, 04:12:53 PMI don't want to play as yet another Marine or as a vulnerable civilian. I want a gaming experience which lets me play as an Alien.

Checkout the upcoming 'Level Zero' - it may be the game for you - asymmetrical multiplayer in the same vein as Alien Isolation, enemies that are blatant Xeno ripoffs...two player controlled aliens hunt down 4 human survivors

BlueMarsalis79

A rip off does not hit the same.

BenditlikeBeckum

Still gives us a chance to see what new hardware and same concept can accomplish. Its not vr but ill take it. VR will suck for the next 20 years for sure.

Acid_Reign161

Quote from: BlueMarsalis79 on Oct 09, 2023, 05:28:15 PMA rip off does not hit the same.

In most cases I tend to agree (there's just something special about an actual 'Alien' game).. and though not the same, this one doesn't look bad at all (and will probably scratch that multiplayer itch for me) 😊

Gameplay: https://youtu.be/E6Y3EXOjmxA?si=QeU9Bn0JIlhFOBZE

Corporal Hicks

Personally, I'm really excited by the prospect. When I think Alien and VR, feels like a perfect match for a horror title (especially having played the Mother VR mod for Isolation). I'm still like to play the Alien again - just not in this title.

GreybackElder

Hopefully it won't be just VR but have compatibility across all different gaming systems.

Stitch

Quote from: GreybackElder on Oct 10, 2023, 11:26:53 AMHopefully it won't be just VR but have compatibility across all different gaming systems.
Maybe, maybe not. When something is developed for VR first, it doesn't always come across well as a flat game after the fact.

Everyone loved Half Life Alyx, but when the mod was released that allows people to play in flat screen, people commented on how slow and limited it was. That's because when you're playing in VR, there's a lot more to take in, and it's a lot less involved when using a controller or KB+M, so what feels exhilarating and amazing in VR, where you can reload your gun manually, feels less interesting when it's a simple button press.

Obviously the Resident Evil games have done a fantastic job of hybrid VR, and if the new alien game is love that, it will hopefully be amazing. I'm just saying maybe temper expectations if there's a flat version but it was developed for VR first.

Acid_Reign161

Not sure if you guys noticed (it's been a while since I checked out their website, so apologies if old news) but Survios have switched branding from 'Aliens' to 'Alien' - possibly to tie in with the news of the game being a single player survival horror /spiritual successor to Isolation, (and maybe branding to tie in with the upcoming movie?)

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed