What made you unhappy today?

Started by First Blood, Jan 18, 2013, 12:32:16 AM

Author
What made you unhappy today? (Read 595,419 times)

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

That must have been a full on actual beard then.  :laugh: I always consider it - I'd done quite some time before shaving last week but I just can't handle it. Feel too scruffy.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Yeah. It was mostly because I didn't shave for a while and then it got to a point where shaving it off was gonna be a hassle :P So I just left it to grow.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Haha. You know what I keeping meaning to do? Go for a close shave. The fella I share an office with brought me a voucher for one last year birthday that I haven't used yet. I just don't know if they appreciate folk being fussy and me going "please leave me my tash and chin hair." I can't grow a f**king proper goatee, one side of my mouth just doesn't grow.  :-[

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

I actually went for a proper Turkish hot towel shave a little while back, after I went to Download festival and didn't shave there for the best part of a week. Interesting letting someone hack away at your face with a cut-throat razor!

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

That good? Lol how terrifying was it?

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Was an experience! Recommend it though, especially if you've got a voucher to get it for free!

FiorinaFury161

FiorinaFury161

^I would be nervous as all shit to have that done. I think I will stay with my Braun 790. Does sound like a relaxing experience tho.

Having no money is becoming quite annoying and making me very unhappy. Every time I get paid, my pay is literally just canceling out my negative bank account. >:(

Randomizer

Randomizer

Relatively close. While I don't have any debts to worry about there's always utilities that need money spent on, after which I remain with little to nothing for myself.

Quote from: THE CITY HUNTER on Sep 05, 2016, 07:27:00 AM
Quote from: Randomizer on Sep 05, 2016, 06:22:11 AM
You know those times when you're out in town and want to head over to your favorite store to see what's new, only to realize how damn poor you are?

That's what happened.
always happens to me.

Usually after a few hours of ranting about said product trying to convince myself it's awful/overpriced everything goes back to normal.  :'(

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

I'm terrible with money management myself. It's one of the things I find really hard. Between bills and a need for new gizmos and toys...  :-[ Damn real world.

FiorinaFury161

FiorinaFury161

What really hit me this year is that I had to re-use my credit cards in order to get groceries and fuel, most of all. The impulse purchases of course did pop up too, but it mostly food and fuel. My salary last year was much more significant (50+ % more compared to last year), so my spiral of debt continues. Was really nice having all but one credit account wiped out back in January. One day when I hit the lottery it will all change! Yeah, right :P

Randomizer

Randomizer

It's been a while since I stopped bothering with lotteries. Now I just let them come at me. Bad thing I never revealed my address.

RakaiThwei

RakaiThwei

Facing the possibility that I may have to resign from Toys R Us as the stress is... affecting me emotionally, and probably physically. I spent ALL day, well into the evening in bed sleeping, unable to stay awake. Co-workers have been laying their shit out on me since we got a new DM who is by the book, and have been cussed out, told that my work in cleaning the aisles isn't good despite my best efforts (I run through the aisle to make sure all the products are nice and neat, lined up to the edge of the shelf) but children naturally knock it all down not even five minutes I finish an aisle.

I've been there a year and just.. am done with the place. I'm not happy there anymore.. what's worse, is that it's nearing Christmas season and every other place is hiring for seasonal only-- so finding a permanent position anywhere else is going to be difficult.

I'm more afraid of either leaving for the sake of my own health, and not being able to find someplace else and winding back up on the streets again or being laid off (I've nearly lost my temper recently) and unable to find work. Best case scenario-- I just.. stay there and endure another season, even if I really don't want to do it anymore.

Damned if you do, damned if you don't.

Whiskeybrewer

Whiskeybrewer

Quote from: RakaiThwei on Sep 13, 2016, 06:25:02 AM
Facing the possibility that I may have to resign from Toys R Us as the stress is... affecting me emotionally, and probably physically. I spent ALL day, well into the evening in bed sleeping, unable to stay awake. Co-workers have been laying their shit out on me since we got a new DM who is by the book, and have been cussed out, told that my work in cleaning the aisles isn't good despite my best efforts (I run through the aisle to make sure all the products are nice and neat, lined up to the edge of the shelf) but children naturally knock it all down not even five minutes I finish an aisle.

I've been there a year and just.. am done with the place. I'm not happy there anymore.. what's worse, is that it's nearing Christmas season and every other place is hiring for seasonal only-- so finding a permanent position anywhere else is going to be difficult.

I'm more afraid of either leaving for the sake of my own health, and not being able to find someplace else and winding back up on the streets again or being laid off (I've nearly lost my temper recently) and unable to find work. Best case scenario-- I just.. stay there and endure another season, even if I really don't want to do it anymore.

Im sorry to hear that its affecting you this way man. Its never good. If this is the way you are feeling about the job, it would be best for you personally to start looking around for somewhere else, just to see whats out there, but yeah maybe stay until after New Year or for as you as you feel able, build up your money as much as you can, while also looking for somewhere fresh and healthy for you.

But no matter what, i know you'll make the best decision for yourself.

Annoyed with a band member. I hadn't heard from him in ages and had text him a few times to see how he was, how work was treating him, how his daughter was and if he was free that week to meet up, either to catch up or for a band writing session. Never all in the same text mind, i never overload on question texts. So in the time as well after a gap of a few days if i didnt hear from him, i would text his Partner, who is also a good friend and who i've known for longer, how she was, how her daughter was and how he was as i hadn't heard from him at all about anything.
As my mum says it doesnt take five minutes to send a text saying something like "I'm okay, but really, really busy. Not free at all sadly, I'll contact you when I'm possibly free". Now if i got a text like that i would have left it and not be as worried.
Well i didnt hear anything at all from either of them until this weekend when he text me saying his partner is pissed off because I've text her to find out about him and that he's been really busy with important stuff and there are reasons he barely has his phone on him. The text was pretty much biting my head of for being worried and texting because i hadnt heard anything. I mean WTF, he had a go at me for texting him about band stuff, even though that was only a  small portion of what I'd asked about.
And she normally would say to your face if she's pissed off with you. Shes never backwards in coming forwards. Yet she doesnt say anything to me and i get it in the f****ng neck for being worried.
They know i have anxiety issues and sadly i have more time on my hands than i would like. All they had to do was send a text or something ages ago, not let it build by not saying anything at all and then snap at me because i text.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Whiskeybrewer on Sep 13, 2016, 10:43:47 AM
Quote from: RakaiThwei on Sep 13, 2016, 06:25:02 AM

Im sorry to hear that its affecting you this way man. Its never good. If this is the way you are feeling about the job, it would be best for you personally to start looking around for somewhere else, just to see whats out there, but yeah maybe stay until after New Year or for as you as you feel able, build up your money as much as you can, while also looking for somewhere fresh and healthy for you.

But no matter what, i know you'll make the best decision for yourself.

You gotta start looking elsewhere. But like you said, it's seasonal time so it might not be the best time to try and swap jobs. I know it sucks and I know it's shitty but it's probably best for you to just stick it out until you can move to a different place. Unfortunately we in in that world where the money is important and sometimes you gotta suffer through a wank job.

It's also important to remember its just a job. Switch off, tune out. When I worked in retail I just used to tune out of it and write in my head or some such. It's good time to think about other stuff.

FiorinaFury161

FiorinaFury161

Agree with all the above. I remember when the time at my first ever job finally came for me to leave. Much like yourself, I just felt like I was existing there and had little to no drive for it. I was there for seven years, thru thick and thin, finally realizing I had to leave, or else something very bad was going to happen. I was able to apply and get hired elsewhere within a few weeks while still employed and told my new employer that I would be able to start there soon. I also have instantly resigned at two previous jobs, the universe provided new opportunities for me not soon thereafter. Everything happens for a reason.

In conclusion, I say to aggressively pursue other employment first before telling the current employer to stick it.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed