'Suprise' Revealed! *Spoliers*

Started by War Wager, Dec 21, 2007, 04:59:36 PM

Author
'Suprise' Revealed! *Spoliers* (Read 40,129 times)

SMJ

SMJ

Quote from: Colin_Strause on Dec 23, 2007, 04:09:03 AM
It's totally different seeing a movie over and over again that you had a fresh first time experience with, than seeing a movie that you had read all of the spolilers on and imagined in your head in a totally different way.

Thats true. And even though I have somewhat spoiled myself with AVP:R, I'm still gonna be in the front row at the first showing. Cuz I love what I've seen.  ;)

echobbase79

echobbase79

It's totally different seeing a movie over and over again that you had a fresh first time experience with, than seeing a movie that you had read all of the spolilers on and imagined in your head in a totally different way.

We're around the same age so I'm sure you can relate to this.

Don't you miss the days when all the news you had were your subscriptions to your favorite sci-fi/horror magazines to keep you updated? And that was very little info until the film was released. The only footage you would see would be TV spots to get you fired up and foaming at the gums.

Now I can watch the first five minutes of movie online. Not complaining by any means but fans are going to be fans. Especially the younger ones. I was at the age to so I know how it is.

The internet has changed everything about movies.

SMJ

SMJ

Some people ( like myself  :D ) just cannot resist spoiling themeselves...But to me, the real thing I'm lookin forward too is seeing it all in good picture, big screen, in order, with nice loud surround sound. Not on a lil screen on the computer. The theatre will be a whole other experience. As for the "surprise" ...What were people expecting?

Uncanny Antman

I completely agree with you, but you also can't state matter of factly that a person can't possibly enjoy the film the most that they could without any kind of spoilers.  Who's to say that being forewarned of something they might not like won't help them to enjoy it 'despite the flaws'?  Sometimes, nerds who are set in their ways need time to adjust to something new.  :)

It's also not unlike seeing a film when you're too young to understand all the subtleties.  You and I are similarly aged...I'll bet you have a few cherished films that you barely liked, let alone understood when you were a kid, just as I have.  The first viewings of those films didn't stop you from embracing them later.  Of course, a long shelf-life doesn't help your initial box office, but that's your concern, not the audience's.

The people who enjoy the film will do so, spoilers or not.  And vice versa for the dreaded "haters" of the world.  ;)

Dark Passenger

Ive had to spoil myself with spoilers a little bit, come on i had to give me something for christmas also..... ;) :D

War Wager

War Wager

True, but seeing the clips with poor picture and sound quality has made me want to see it on the silver screen even more! So I guess one good thing has came out of showing them...

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Uncanny Antman on Dec 23, 2007, 05:41:18 AM
It's also not unlike seeing a film when you're too young to understand all the subtleties.  You and I are similarly aged...I'll bet you have a few cherished films that you barely liked, let alone understood when you were a kid, just as I have.  The first viewings of those films didn't stop you from embracing them later.  Of course, a long shelf-life doesn't help your initial box office, but that's your concern, not the audience's.

Definitely. I never understood Jurassic Park until I was 10. Was one of the first DVDs I got, was happily watched it then bam! It hit me. I understood why the Dinos bred.

brad873

brad873

haha, got it. the first time we ever saw ms yatuni
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=QQ6B4nlNtzg

but that bit is ollllllllllld

Corporal Hicks

Yeah...we've thought that for ages. Just recently we got actual confirmation courtesy of Fox's PR.

iceman

iceman

If Yutani corp gets hold of the predator handgun, that is a big hole in continuity...If the corporation finds out how it works and manages to produce new technology from it, how does it explain the lack of such technology in the hands of the colonial marines in Aliens...The directors said the next takes place in space, I wonder how they intend to rectify this...

Colin_Strause

Colin_Strause

Quote from: iceman on Dec 23, 2007, 03:27:30 PM
If Yutani corp gets hold of the predator handgun, that is a big hole in continuity...If the corporation finds out how it works and manages to produce new technology from it, how does it explain the lack of such technology in the hands of the colonial marines in Aliens...The directors said the next takes place in space, I wonder how they intend to rectify this...

It explains how those marines were riding around on the space ship heading to a colony on another planet.

vehtam

vehtam

Quote from: Colin_Strause on Dec 23, 2007, 03:57:26 PM
It explains how those marines were riding around on the space ship heading to a colony on another planet.

it's strange, that shoulder/hand cannon was analized so carefully that it brought space travels to another level, but at the same time did nothing to improve conventional weapons. that is huge hole in the continuity, good catch iceman.

Porkus Maximus

Quotehow does it explain the lack of such technology in the hands of the colonial marines in Aliens...

Hudson claims that they have a "particle beam phalanx" which is capable of "frying half a city" and he seems to indicate that it's mounted on the dropship.  It's likely that the technology could be reverse engineered to a point but not directly replicated.

vehtam

vehtam

Quote from: Porkus Maximus on Dec 23, 2007, 04:30:26 PM
Quotehow does it explain the lack of such technology in the hands of the colonial marines in Aliens...

Hudson claims that they have a "particle beam phalanx" which is capable of "frying half a city" and he seems to indicate that it's mounted on the dropship.  It's likely that the technology could be reverse engineered to a point but not directly replicated.

oh yeah, i remember that. problem solved.

Colin_Strause

Quote from: Porkus Maximus on Dec 23, 2007, 04:30:26 PM

Yep. And also look at how slow the predator weapon shoots. I would rather have a machine gun that fires ten time faster with bullets that move a hundred time quicker than that plasma weapon in a fire fight.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed