Bennett Taylor says Billy Sole was the reincarnation of Taabe

Started by frasermaxx, Aug 24, 2022, 07:54:45 AM

Author
Bennett Taylor says Billy Sole was the reincarnation of Taabe (Read 1,730 times)

frasermaxx

Found this interesting on wikipedia for Predator. Bennett Taylor the actor who plays Raphael Adolini said the script for Prey revealed Billy was the reincarnation of Taabe. Does anyone know anything about this? because its going into spiritual territory with that comment :)

Look at the section 'Sequel and franchise'

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Predator_(film)

BlueMarsalis79

Interesting but I'm glad that didn't make it in personally, the cut across the chest I think's reference enough without directly connecting characters that don't need to be.

Kradan

BigDaddyJohn

No thanks either. Poor dude keep getting f**ked up by predators  ;D

Rudiger

It gets dumber and dumber.

BlueMarsalis79

Xenomorphine

I honestly have no idea how that would have even been conveyed on screen.

Highland

Quote from: Xenomorphine on Aug 24, 2022, 10:21:14 PMI honestly have no idea how that would have even been conveyed on screen.

Well he could have said "there's something in those tree's" instead of....  :laugh:

Kradan

For what it's worth, Hanzo might be another Billy's reincarnation

SuperiorIronman

Honestly there's no reason why Billy couldn't have heard ghost stories about Feral. But whether he's a reincarnated Taabe, no. Stories surrounding that kind of belief are fine. But actually addressing that as lore, no. It's not that kind of franchise. An idea could be that he'd heard of it and would emulate Taabe not knowing it was and how Naru really killed Feral. But him being the next incarnation of him is a bit much for a story about aliens. Not to say you can't, it's just that that sort of mysticism has never been lore. Mysticism has been used to explain the Predator to Humans by Humans, not the function of the universe.

And that further raises questions about Billy's death given he seemingly is killed the same way. Reincarnated to encounter another Predator and die identically having learned nothing. And then does that mean Feral could be Jungle Hunter? But if not then why are humans brought back but not Predators? Or are they literal demons who are also aliens? Really it takes the mysticism angle too far for something that should never be literal.

Though I suppose that is an angle for a sequel. You could bring Dakota Beavers back as perhaps a relative of Billy. Someone of course born after 87 and you could make the connection. Maybe grounds for a Prey trilogy. Naru gets the pistol, hands it off to Greyback, Billy's relative tries to figure out what happened to him and meets Harrigan discovering the pistol and the Predators.

DaddyYautja

If true, this clearly puts prey in a separate "universe" outside the normal Predator films cause its bringing in magic.

BlueMarsalis79

Predator's always had subtle supernatural aspects to the films though, with the way Billy can sense it for some reason, or King Willie overall or Hanzo. But if it did not make it into the film beyond a subjective interpretation it is ultimately inconsequential. And it did not.

DaddyYautja

Quote from: BlueMarsalis79 on Aug 25, 2022, 11:38:32 AMPredator's always had subtle supernatural aspects to the films though, with the way Billy can sense it for some reason, or King Willie overall or Hanzo. But if it did not make it into the film beyond a subjective interpretation it is ultimately inconsequential. And it did not.

Billy is a tracker,  that was pounded into your head as this was the skill that everyone in the team was leaning on him to do. There's no magic to this.

King W being religious means nothing about the genre the movie is.  It just means that the character is religious.

Is Hanzo from Predators? I don't remember that movie well so I would have to rewatch it but I'm pretty sure there was nothing about the character that would lean to adding magic to the world.

SiL

Mysticism has always been a part of Predator movies.

BlueMarsalis79

That's more what I was getting at yeah.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed