Alien Resurrection
24 (34.3%)
Predator
12 (17.1%)
Predator 2
17 (24.3%)

Total Members Voted: 66

Author
Goriest Alien-Predator Film? (Read 5,511 times)

Darkness

Darkness

I was thinking about this today. But what do you think the goriest film is out of the Alien and Predator series?

I'd have thought it would be between Alien Resurrection and Predator?

The Ultimate Predator

I think its resurrection.

Milo Minderbinder

Probably is Res, yeah. They couldn't think of anything interesting to do so they just chucked in some mank.

The Ultimate Predator

Thats a good way of looking at it.  ;D

Demonio Cazador

AR is a little dumb I think, and the "gory" scenes are unnecessary, so I think Predator 2 is more "realistic" and somehow justified. Besides, Predator 2 shows King Willie be-headed  :-\

The Ultimate Predator

Justified yes - but it still isn't the most gory.

ButtZilla

ButtZilla

I saw Aliens when I was kid, seening the Queen rip her own sack off trying to escape the blaze was pretty gross, errrhhhh.....  :P And then Bishop getting ripped apart and still alive.. oh  my.... That was ewwww...

Tallest Pinku-Chan

Alien:Resurrection was the goriets, END OF STORY!!!!!! >:(

The Ultimate Predator

I agree.

Predator Schwarzenegger

Predator Schwarzenegger

I appreciate and respect the choices so far, but Alien has it more inferred and that's very effective but only one 'burst' of gore. Aliens is more or less devoid of any 'gore' at all really.
Predator 2 is more splatter and dismembered set peices and slightly comic book, Alien 3 was pretty fake looking and the low grade bluescreen Alien shots didn't help convince me either that the threat was 'real' and Resurrection was, in my opinion, a comic book with some 'cheesy' unconvincing gore.
AVP was tamest, but only in terms of human gore, Alien and Predator gore was damn good but as much as I'd like to, I can't use that as a comparison.
Predator 1 on the other hand is old school combat violence with some shocking and visceral moments  :o that really do put it a class above all mentioned in the 'real gore' stakes.  8)

sweeteyes

sweeteyes

i reckon the  Pred moves were pretty gorey...esp pred 2....

Newsfop

Newsfop

I guess you have to equate quality with visceral depiction. The first Predator never even entered my mind when the gore question was raised, because all I think about is the awesome end battle between Dutch and the hunter. Whereas I instantly think of Alien: Resurrection, because I cared hardly anything for the characters, the random tangents, the story or the action. Everything seems like a means to the mess. I thought it was cheap to show Gen. Perez tug out a nugget of brain.

I always think of gore in a negative manner, so if showing disgusting images for the sake of showing is what gore means, my vote goes to A:R for the goriest.

CELTICPRED

CELTICPRED

The gore shown in Alien Res in no way helped the film.

I really didn't wanna see Perez's brain, the chestburster through the head was cool though unneeded.

All the more proof gore doesn't make the movie.

Even though it would have helped AVP a bit.

smokezero8

smokezero8

Alien Resurection

Mr. Weyland

Mr. Weyland

Its gotta be Alien res, has anyone noticed that all the alien and predator films got more violent but AVP just didnt have any gore  ???
i know he said that alien blood doesnt count, but when sombody died in the movie, all you saw was a blood splatter on the snow or something.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed