The Official SKULL or NO SKULL Thread

Started by FiorinaFury161, Feb 18, 2017, 11:38:01 PM

Do you like the skull in the Alien head?

Love the SKULL
It's ok
It makes no difference on how I feel about the Alien
Dislike the SKULL
Hate The SKULL
Hate The SKULL and the people who love it
Author
The Official SKULL or NO SKULL Thread (Read 142,600 times)

Local Trouble

Quote from: Samhain13 on Apr 06, 2019, 06:35:06 PM
Good luck trying to hunt me down in the forests of Brazil. This is my jungle. :P

The heat will take the Skull haters down before the anacondas arrive. Get rekt boi.

I'm more concerned with bullet ants and cannibals.

Huggs

Quote from: Local Trouble on Apr 07, 2019, 05:32:28 AM
Quote from: Samhain13 on Apr 06, 2019, 06:35:06 PM
Good luck trying to hunt me down in the forests of Brazil. This is my jungle. :P

The heat will take the Skull haters down before the anacondas arrive. Get rekt boi.

I'm more concerned with bullet ants and cannibals.

All you have to do is knock out one cannibal, and both sides will be too busy fighting over the body to notice you.

Samhain13

Samhain13

I'm more concerned with bullet ants

Well if you don't have masculinity gains you will probably be forced to go through the bullet ant manhood ritual. Maybe that will boost the test levels. You can't pull a Scar and teamup with a girl for help though.

and cannibals.

The portuguese already wiped those out. But be careful with the guys that throw arrows.

426Buddy

Voodoo Magic

Vermillion

What I see when I see the skull behind the dome. 

Scooby-Doo baddie

Local Trouble

Salient point.

The final issue of Gibson's Alien 3 depicted what I'd like to see happen to the skullien.

The Old One

The Old One

#Apopheniaskullteam

NetworkATTH

Alien was never supposed to be a movie about serial killers or science gone wrong. It was supposed to be about something that confronts every fear we have about ourselves and our beliefs. It's supposed to confront that part of men that believe women are just home maker vessels for children and turns that belief on its head by shoving the very disturbing belief right in front of them. They are now the vessel, they are now the home maker. And they have no organs to carry out that ability, they have no way to escape the desires of this thing towards them whose side effect is unbelievable pain.

The Alien is the industrial man getting his way with someone who just wants to create more of himself. It isn't supposed to be scientific, it just is about entering the disturbing notions that industrial society needs to run on. Pain and sex. Something men often don't think about fully, but it's shoved into our face with Kane first being raped, then giving a fatal birth.

This is right up HR Giger's ally and why he probably nailed a skull into it under the dome. The skull is required because its a bit of a garnish on the whole thing. You think you see a skull, but you're not sure. The alien is uncaring lust and uncaring death, and tries to hide its true face, the face of a skull, the face of demise.

However you were never really supposed to see the skull up close in certain lighting conditions, just brief glimpses of what appears to be a skull. So showing too much of it misses the point, but showing none of it all also misses the point. It's a subtle addition to the creature that says basically its intentions may seem only animalistic, but it is truly "human" in a way men usually do not comprehend fully

The beast isn't supposed to just look "cool", HR Giger made the decisions he made making the costume to try and explain what it represented. Removing the skull removes a part of the design, it is supposed to be there, but it shouldn't be fully visible. It should just show the illusion of a human face under the dome to tell the audience that this thing is much more human than you want to admit. Which given the topic of this thread, is kind of funny

Local Trouble

NetworkATTH

Quote from: Local Trouble on Apr 12, 2019, 12:17:06 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7DpMwDgxC-I

I'm with you on it being over done actually. I just don't think it should be completely dismissed either. I mean it was put under a cowl for a reason. It's supposed to leave you with an impression but never a full on reveal.

Ideally it should just look like it did in Alien. Which had a skull, but you hardly saw it.

Local Trouble

I wonder if Stan Winston designed it with the skull before Cameron made him take off the canopy.  Somehow I doubt it.

Still Collating...

Quote from: NetworkATTH on Apr 12, 2019, 12:21:48 AM
Quote from: Local Trouble on Apr 12, 2019, 12:17:06 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7DpMwDgxC-I

I'm with you on it being over done actually. I just don't think it should be completely dismissed either. I mean it was put under a cowl for a reason. It's supposed to leave you with an impression but never a full on reveal.

Ideally it should just look like it did in Alien. Which had a skull, but you hardly saw it.

Agreed with that. Not visible from a distance at all but barely gives the impression of a skull up close.

judge death

Im on local trouble side after been thinking about it, and I prefer that one dont see the skull underneath the dome, looks ugly when its clearly visible like in some of the posted pictures and art. I can accept that one can see traces of human skull but one should not be able to see it, and after the xenomorph gets older the skull disappears completely like on the drones/warriors in Aliens.

Voodoo Magic

Another just stepped out of the darkness and into the light.

#TeamNoSkull

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed