Two More Screenshots // 4 More Added

Started by ikarop, Oct 14, 2011, 06:00:05 PM

Author
Two More Screenshots // 4 More Added (Read 53,874 times)

Bio Mech Hunter

Quote from: Chris!(($$))! on Oct 21, 2011, 10:16:55 PM
Quote from: Bio Mech Hunter on Oct 21, 2011, 04:53:07 PM
If GB makes the Warriors as tough as they're suppose to be, their size won't be our biggest problem. ;)

Yep. We'll have to wait a see though. Its not just toughness though, its also intelligence and agility. I think 10 shots from the Pulse Rifle should be able to kill a Warrior BUT there should rarely be a time when you can place all 10 of those shots on a Xeno without missing.

I definitely agree with you about their intelligence and agility, but I'm not so sure about killing one with only 10 rounds from a Pulse Rifle. It fires some very nasty rounds, but that just doesn't sound right. How many rounds does it fire per minute anyway?

SM

SM

Ten shots to the head would kill it.  Not sure about other locations though.

chupacabras acheronsis

i say five shots should stop one, but only in center of mass or head, and if they arent finished off they should crawl away to heal and come back later. if hit in the limbs it should only cripple them like in the first AvP.

Stalker

Stalker

In the movie a couple of quick bursts of pulse rifle fire was enough to kill them. It was a little ridiculous in AvP to have to shoot them with 50-odd rounds before they would go down.

The new screens look great, I'm happy with the way the Aliens look, although they are missing the 5th dorsal spine. Mostly I'm glad they're walking on two legs like they're supposed to be, rather than the way they have been portrayed in recent years as quadrupeds.

SM

SM

QuoteIn the movie a couple of quick bursts of pulse rifle fire was enough to kill them.

Stop them.  Not necessarily "kill" them.

And even then, a couple of quick bursts could quite easily be 10 or more bullets.

Stalker

Quote from: SM on Oct 22, 2011, 01:37:39 AM
QuoteIn the movie a couple of quick bursts of pulse rifle fire was enough to kill them.

And even then, a couple of quick bursts could quite easily be 10 or more bullets.

Well there were huge bursts of blood when they were shot, & we didn't see any wounded Aliens afterward. Those PR bullets do some serious damage.

Xenos are tough but a dozen explosive-tipped armour piercing rounds is more than enough to kill them.

chupacabras acheronsis

it *should* be enough challenge just to aim and hit at the suckers, but the gameplay suggest otherwise, unfortunately.

alanwu1233

Quote from: Stalker on Oct 22, 2011, 01:17:40 AM
In the movie a couple of quick bursts of pulse rifle fire was enough to kill them. It was a little ridiculous in AvP to have to shoot them with 50-odd rounds before they would go down.

The new screens look great, I'm happy with the way the Aliens look, although they are missing the 5th dorsal spine. Mostly I'm glad they're walking on two legs like they're supposed to be, rather than the way they have been portrayed in recent years as quadrupeds.

Aliens in AVP are usually stronger because the balance of the game

Bio Mech Hunter

Bio Mech Hunter

Quote from: chupacabras acheronsis on Oct 22, 2011, 01:02:39 AM
i say five shots should stop one, but only in center of mass or head, and if they arent finished off they should crawl away to heal and come back later. if hit in the limbs it should only cripple them like in the first AvP.
That's what I was thinking - multiple hits in quick succession to a critical part of their body, but in all likeliness, it would be difficult to do because of their speed, agility, and stealthy tactics. They're not stupid either.

Yeah, that's why I'd like to know how many rounds per minute the Pulse Rifle fires.

Quote from: Stalker on Oct 22, 2011, 02:04:34 AM

Well there were huge bursts of blood when they were shot, & we didn't see any wounded Aliens afterward. Those PR bullets do some serious damage.

Xenos are tough but a dozen explosive-tipped armour piercing rounds is more than enough to kill them.

I think you're thinking of the scenes where they got riddled by either a Smart Gun or Sentry Turret. Even afterward, their bodies were left largely intact save for a missing limb or two.

chupacabras acheronsis

depends on what version of the Thomson the Pulse rifles have. some had a rate of as low as 600 RPM while others had up to 1500.

Bio Mech Hunter

Quote from: chupacabras acheronsis on Oct 22, 2011, 07:48:52 PM
depends on what version of the Thomson the Pulse rifles have. some had a rate of as low as 600 RPM while others had up to 1500.
I actually meant it's in-universe specs, not the weapon the film prop is modeled on. ;)

SpaceMarines

After consulting with my digital copy of the Technical Manual, it's 900 RPM.

Bio Mech Hunter

Quote from: SpaceMarines on Oct 23, 2011, 04:35:24 AM
After consulting with my digital copy of the Technical Manual, it's 900 RPM.
That's a damned high rate of fire. lol I think it's a good bet they're getting taken down with more then ten rounds on average. Caseless, 10 millimeter, light armor piercing, explosive tipped rounds at 900 rounds per minute? Shit... that'd mulch human flesh in no time.

I really wish I picked up a copy of the Aliens Tech Manual when I had the chance years ago. You say you have a digital copy? I'll have to look into getting one. :D

SM

SM

QuoteWell there were huge bursts of blood when they were shot

As per Bio Mech Hunters post - you're mistaking pulse rifle damage with sentry and smart gun damage.

Quote, & we didn't see any wounded Aliens afterward.

Nor did we see any bodies (mind you, nor did we see a stack of bodies after the sentry gun scenes).  Would could easily imply they survived.

Chris!(($$))!

Quote from: Bio Mech Hunter on Oct 23, 2011, 04:51:27 PM
I really wish I picked up a copy of the Aliens Tech Manual when I had the chance years ago. You say you have a digital copy? I'll have to look into getting one. :D

Or the bullets would be so strong they pass straight through a person like in ALIEN 3 when they shoot 85 (thats how I explain him not completely exploding or those Pulse Rifles were using different rounds.)

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed