Future Fate of (Current) EU ?

Started by gantarat, May 13, 2017, 05:52:41 AM

Author
Future Fate of (Current) EU ? (Read 6,408 times)

Ultramorph

Ultramorph

I'm hoping that by the end of the year or early next year we get some announcements about where DH is going with the EU. Randy Stradley said on FB yesterday that there's more Alien and Predator coming, so I'm hopeful. It just remains to be seen if the comics from the last few years get followed up on in light of Covenant.

banecat

banecat

if we don't get a sequel to covenant, would anyone here be content seeing it pick up in the comics? maybe exploring the engineers finding walter, or what's left of hin

Ultramorph

Ultramorph

That's exactly where I want things to go. I hope it turns out it was Paradise they landed on at the end of Life and Death and Foster and company find Walter.

RidgeTop

RidgeTop

Honestly I think the EU would be best served by simply continuing as it has lately and ignoring the revelations of Covenant, as they were pretty much a lore-killer.

SM

SM

If you take Predator out of the equation what lore has been killed?

426Buddy

426Buddy

Fire & Stone takes place quite a long time after A:C doesn't it? Maybe a 100 years or more? Plenty of time for the Predators to encounter and hunt the aliens at some point. I dont remember anything in that series or in L&D that says how long they've been hunting Aliens, just that they appeared to have encountered them already.

Corporal Hicks

The newer novels, however, are taken out of by the David creating Aliens thing. Though River of Pain is still possible depending on where they go with the prequels and how the Derelict ends up crashing on LV-426.

gantarat

gantarat

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jun 26, 2017, 08:25:08 AM
The newer novels, however, are taken out of by the David creating Aliens thing. Though River of Pain is still possible depending on where they go with the prequels and how the Derelict ends up crashing on LV-426.

Say goodbye to Xenomorph XX121 name ?

SM

SM

Wouldn't have thought so.

Ultramorph

Ultramorph

As far as the EU goes, it's also pretty difficult to reconcile how the black goo behaves in Fire and Stone and Life and Death with how it behaves in Covenant.

426Buddy

426Buddy

Quote from: Ultramorph on Jun 26, 2017, 12:07:18 PM
As far as the EU goes, it's also pretty difficult to reconcile how the black goo behaves in Fire and Stone and Life and Death with how it behaves in Covenant.

Hard to say really. The goo at the start of Prometheus creates all life on earth. But its also able to be weaponized via juggernaught systems so it can destroy all animal life on a planet as well. Strange random parasitic mutations being some sort of side effect. Im thinking the way the goo spilled out onto the surface of lv223 is the reason its effects were life creating and mutating instead of the way it becomes weaponized when the juggernaught does its thing.

The goo really seems to just do whatever the story requires it to do lol.

SM

SM

Quote from: Ultramorph on Jun 26, 2017, 12:07:18 PM

"The pathogen took so many forms... and was extremely mutable."

Ultramorph

Ultramorph

True enough. Covenant tried explaining it a bit more, but even then it doesn't totally add up. Eh, it's alien magic, I guess.  :laugh:

426Buddy

426Buddy

A lil alien magic is okay, the creature itself is infused with traits that don't seem possible. I just wish the "xenovirus" was a little more consistant I guess.

From all life creation, Trilobyte std's, Fifield monstering, deacon birthing, xeno-jungle ecosystem creating, Mt. Deacon making, elden thing-ing, Cancer hulking, alien / human body melding, brain deteriorating, all animal life killing, to neomorph creating. There just doesnt seem to be much of a rhyme or reason to it all.

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

Quote from: 426Buddy on Jun 26, 2017, 01:42:10 PM
A lil alien magic is okay, the creature itself is infused with traits that don't seem possible. I just wish the "xenovirus" was a little more consistant I guess.

From all life creation, Trilobyte std's, Fifield monstering, deacon birthing, xeno-jungle ecosystem creating, Mt. Deacon making, elden thing-ing, Cancer hulking, alien / human body melding, brain deteriorating, all animal life killing, to neomorph creating. There just doesnt seem to be much of a rhyme or reason to it all.

I think that's kind of the point, and what makes the Black Goo scary and interesting.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed