The Predator in Magazines

Started by Tetsujin, Aug 06, 2018, 07:35:11 AM

Author
The Predator in Magazines (Read 36,007 times)

Hollywood

Hollywood

Looks awesome if you ask me. Love the detail.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Hot damn, that's gorgeous!

The Wolverine Predator

I'm still waiting on the last Empire magazine to come into the bookstore near my house which it wasn't there again last night, I do have the July Empire issue where it has Quinn getting chokeslammed By The Fugitive

goose_3387

goose_3387

Hope we get a good image of the Upgrade Predator soon. The Fugitive looks great across the marketing but I want to see the main Predator front and centre of everything.

yautjapet

yautjapet

I'm so into that SFX picture, would love to have it as a poster or something!

Wysps

Wysps

Looks great! I like how it's hair is suspended, like it just got finished whipping around to face the Upgrade.

Quote from: goose_3387 on Aug 10, 2018, 01:24:59 PM
Hope we get a good image of the Upgrade Predator soon. The Fugitive looks great across the marketing but I want to see the main Predator front and centre of everything.

Same. If he's the main star, it'd be nice to get at least one good image of him.

Tetsujin

Tetsujin

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Tetsujin on Aug 14, 2018, 04:21:45 PM

I wish we'd have made a magazine thread at some point. That issue is due out today btw. Can't see any place to buy digitally, though. I'll try and find a copy after work.

Here's a little snippet from the coverage - https://www.gamesradar.com/the-predator-director-shane-black-says-a-bit-of-a-midlife-crisis-brought-him-back-to-the-series-after-30-years/

QuoteShane Black looks back fondly on his time as Rick Hawkins in the 1987 film Predator. Oh sure, he gets brutally murdered about an hour in and is the first of our heroes to get picked off, but it's still a treasured memory nonetheless. In fact, it was a desire to revisit his youth that led Black to co-writing and directing The Predator, which lands in theaters September 14 (September 13 in the UK). Or as Black himself puts it, "I had a bit of a midlife crisis".

Speaking to SFX, Black explained what pushed him to revisiting a franchise he hadn't been involved with for more than 30 years. "I thought, 'Wouldn't it be great, just as a lark, to go back and be a kid again? What could it hurt to revisit a time that was so special, and a type of filmmaking before video games and CG polluted the market with visual overload? When you're forced to rely on a bit more ingenuity to conjure the same sort of effects? It'll be a lark. Let's do it!'"

Black confessed that such a laid-back attitude proved to be a mistake. Working within restraints of the film's budget, having to deal with Vancouver weather, filming with greenscreen, and the pressure of making a new Predator movie that could stand alongside the original proved stressful. "My God, it's been tough," Black admitted.

"The good news is that all of this knits together very well. It's been a ride and a nostalgia thing. It was mostly a midlife crisis thing, if I were to be honest about it," Black said. "If it hasn't exactly made me feel like a kid again, it's certainly reinvigorated me to keep going. I'm blessed and honored to be viable in moviemaking - I've seen lots of people around me fall off. The fact that after 30-something years I'm still able to even do this is something I'm eternally grateful for. I don't know why or how I was given that opportunity, but I'm grateful for it."

Corporal Hicks

Tetsujin

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

A handful of new images. Nothing massively new though. Will get up shortly. Still need to read the actual article.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Don't seem to have come out the greatest.

Doomofman

Doomofman

Those images remind me just how much I don't like the size of 'chad'... It really doesn't need to be that much bigger than a regular Pred to be scary

Huggs

Huggs

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Aug 15, 2018, 05:06:22 PM

Looks like the Predator is performing an exorcism.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed