Last Movie You Watched

Started by Terx2, Dec 05, 2012, 05:12:31 AM

Author
Last Movie You Watched (Read 834,989 times)

Huggs

Huggs

Halfway through Van Helsing 2004 on Blu-ray . First time seeing it in high definition. It looks great, but the dialogue is much cheesier than I remember. But then again, it has been like eight years since I saw it last.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Stephen Sommers was high on the success of the Mummy films and went a little too crazy with Van Helsing, heh. It's probably best enjoyed while drunk.

Whiskeybrewer

Whiskeybrewer

And its obviously meant to be the start of a franchise too lol

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Complete with the bizarre implication that Van Helsing is the Angel Gabriel.

The Old One

The Old One

When I was six/seven in 2004, I loved it- I was the perfect age for it and I always thought there were some really cool ideas and visuals in it- I like the idea of following young Van Helsing, the Mirror Door's cool, the idea that Dracula's castle isn't present on the Earth at all. And the painting that came to life was cool.

It helps that Alan Silvestri's score's probably the last thing he did that's remotely memorable.

Huggs

Huggs

Kingdom of heaven: directors cut road show edition - Bluray

Sloppy editing and pacing issues. The whole movie felt very erratic. Not what I expected from a Scott movie.

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Close 2019

Noomi Rapace was terrific, and it was quite promising in the beginning, but quickly unraveled into a predictable, sometimes ridiculous, mediocre film.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Alita: Battle Angel

A bit crowded in places, especially towards the end, but I really enjoyed this for the most part.

Huggs

Huggs

The Predator - Bluray

It's still awful

Baron Von Marlon

Baron Von Marlon

Quote from: Huggs on Feb 17, 2019, 05:26:21 AM
The Predator - Bluray

It's still awful

Haven't you seen this movie several times by now? And why do you keep watching it when there's so much still unseen.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Bohemian Rhapsody

It's a bit by the numbers, but not the absolute disaster the detractors are making it out to be. That being said, if they were going to go out of their way to get Mike Myers and do a corny ass Wayne's World joke, they should have gone the full mile and gotten Christopher Lambert in there somewhere. ;) Also, I noticed Singer couldn't help but throw in Superman flying text during the one montage. Referencing one of your shittier films is always a bold choice, I suppose. :laugh:

My favorite line in the film: "What exactly are you doing with that car, Roger?" :laugh:

P-Rock

P-Rock

Quote from: Baron Von Marlon on Feb 17, 2019, 05:38:58 AM
The Predator - Bluray

It's still awful

Haven't you seen this movie several times by now? And why do you keep watching it when there's so much still unseen.

Like so many people he keeps watching it because he desperately wants to like it and it magically becomes a good movie.

The same shit happened with Alien 3. People didn't want to believe it was bad so they convinced themselves it's some underappreciated masterpiece. But deep in their hearts they know the truth.

Huggs

Huggs

Quote from: P-Rock on Feb 17, 2019, 12:30:59 PM
The Predator - Bluray

It's still awful

Like so many people he keeps watching it because he desperately wants to like it and it magically becomes a good movie.

The same shit happened with Alien 3. People didn't want to believe it was bad so they convinced themselves it's some underappreciated masterpiece. But deep in their hearts they know the truth.

Yeah.......no.

The Old One

The Old One

Quote from: P-Rock on Feb 17, 2019, 12:30:56 PM
Quote from: Huggs on Feb 17, 2019, 05:26:20 AM
The Predator - Bluray

It's still awful

What repugnant arrogance, you're two for two.

"Deep in their hearts they know the truth."
AKA
"Anyone who disagrees is just lying to themselves."

SM

SM

Watched Hangman yesterday.  Utter crap.  The only logic behind it is that Al Pacino owed someone a favour and Karl Urban wanted to work with Pacino.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed