14 (58.3%)
DLC
10 (41.7%)

Total Members Voted: 24

Author
SDK or DLC (Read 4,238 times)

acrediblesource

acrediblesource

I only expect quality maps to be played in this game.

So unless you can direct me to see some quality maps,beautifully done and intriguing to navigate in, please do so. But if modders just want to create the super spiral madness map, forget it not interested.

PsyKore

PsyKore

With an SDK released, you can always expect there to be be some rubbish maps released, or maps made by inexperienced people, but by and large the quality stuff that is released by modders/mappers is much more exciting and even goes above and beyond what professional developers can do. Also, the longevity provided from an SDK is a big bonus. AvP2 lasted over ten years just from its modding.

Shmiggins

Shmiggins

Quote from: The Necronoir on Dec 04, 2012, 11:37:41 PM
Quote from: Shmiggins on Dec 04, 2012, 10:29:27 PM
uh.... anyone that is expecting SDK is gonna be sorely disappointed.  That ain't gonna happen.  If it was only on the PC maybe... but since it's on the consoles too.. Def not happening.

Skyrim.

Good point sir! but the consoles still got the shaft

acrediblesource

acrediblesource

Quote from: PsyKore on Dec 05, 2012, 12:01:37 AM
With an SDK released, you can always expect there to be be some rubbish maps released, or maps made by inexperienced people, but by and large the quality stuff that is released by modders/mappers is much more exciting and even goes above and beyond what professional developers can do. Also, the longevity provided from an SDK is a big bonus. AvP2 lasted over ten years just from its modding.

Well then you have a few scenerios,
1. release the sdk, and hope and pray that some peoples take some time with it. all things considered, they are for PC only.
2. Wait for dlcs, which they release with   marketing and quality assurance departments involved. but pay a fee.

3. get them both

WinterActual

WinterActual

Quote from: acrediblesource on Dec 05, 2012, 12:52:06 AM

1. release the sdk, and hope and pray that some peoples take some time with it.
SOME people? Dude do you even checked the filefront pages of some moddable games like stalker or coh or avp? Or just go check the nexus sites... Its not about some people - there are thousands of modders with great mods of any sort - maps, textures, scripts etc. Most of the things you are seeing added in F3/NV and Skyrim DLCs for the consoles, was done as mod for PC LONG ago before Bethesda made their own version to release it as DLC (also its more crappier due to restrictions by MS and Sony). Don't underestimate the modding community please  :)

9th_Stew

9th_Stew

I used to do skin mods for AVP2 and help map making - never did it before and i got a hell of alot of people interested in my stuff. If it wasnt for people who started out doing these mods for games u wouldnt have such complex games today.

Terx2

Terx2

Depends on what the DLC would be. If its another campaign, another multiplayer map, another weapon or different skins. That would be alright. Were as if we got SDK it might be exclusive to the pc just like the SHARP rifle but we could make all the mods and skins. I perfer DLC.

Quote from: WinterActual on Dec 04, 2012, 05:37:44 PM
Quote from: PVTDukeMorrison on Dec 04, 2012, 05:15:03 PM
http://i1228.photobucket.com/albums/ee450/poisonstrudel/whycant.jpg

We can't. Its like being straight and homo in the same time - its not possible.

I guess you haven't heard of a bisexual.

WinterActual

WinterActual

Those bisexual guys should be put right next to the wall and shoot.

Btw why you prefer less paid content, rather than having much more and most importantly free content ?

PsyKore

PsyKore

Quote from: Terx2 on Dec 06, 2012, 02:10:51 PM
Were as if we got SDK it might be exclusive to the pc

Like the good old days. :P

Terx2

Terx2

Quote from: WinterActual on Dec 06, 2012, 02:21:26 PM
Those bisexual guys should be put right next to the wall and shoot.

Btw why you prefer less paid content, rather than having much more and most importantly free content ?

Depends on what we get and how much they charge us. If it was four/five dollars for a new campaign that spans inbetween six  to eight hours. I would pay for that. Somebody could make it for free but it would take a while. Time is usually the major problem when it comes to making your own content. I would rather pay five dollars now to play a new campaign instead of waiting maybe two weeks for it to be downloaded by a user that recreated it from scratch. I'm getting this for ps3 so that problem would be adding the development kit to a console.

Ash 937

Ash 937

It was smart for GBX to look to a Valve product for the inspiration behind A:CM.  Valve is good.

But of all the games Valve has made, GBX chose the Left 4 Dead series as their inspiration for A:CM and that series arguably has the weakest storylines in their entire catalogue.  If GBX had looked to Half-Life 2 instead, then we could easily expect an experience to be expanded to something more similar to what we got in The Orange Box.

I'm going to wait to cast judgment on this kind of debate until the game comes out.  If the MP experience is similar to L4D then we'd have a winner in that regard.  If the SP campaign is similar to HL2 then it would just be the best of both worlds. 

If DLC is released and its quality is near that of Half Life 2: Episode 1 and Episode 2, then it should be stellar.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed