Total Members Voted: 24

Author
SDK or DLC (Read 4,239 times)

9th_Stew

9th_Stew

What would you guys want?

alanwu1233

alanwu1233

I don't understand why developers have a trend to release DLC.
Games missing content makes the game itself broken and unfinished.

WinterActual

WinterActual

I dont understand why are you even making such poll. Ofc everybody prefer SDK over DLC. DLCs are crappy made, non balanced, overpriced, short and not worth it. With proper SDK the modders can create tons of maps/missions/new models/sound and texture packs and the maps will be balanced, everything (not just the maps) will be suggested by true fans of the franchise, everything will be free, it will not split up the community, the lifespan of the game will be continued literally with years. Its a no brainer when it comes to SDK or DLC. DLCs are made to make money, SDK made stuff is made by the heart and joy of the true dedicated fans.

EDIT: Oh and besides everything I mentioned I forgot the community balance patches. Just for that alone its worth to have SDK.

9th_Stew

9th_Stew

Do companies even release SDks anymore?

WinterActual

WinterActual

The indie devs - yes  :)

aliens13

aliens13

What is SDK?

WinterActual

WinterActual

Software development kit

PVTDukeMorrison

PVTDukeMorrison

WinterActual

WinterActual

Ash 937

Ash 937

The DLC that GBX makes will be canon because Fox and Syd Mead say so.  But if we get the SDK, too many random people like some of the trolls on this board will start building maps and insisitng that its canon...just like GBX.

That won't be cool.

Nightlord

Nightlord

Quote from: Ash 937 on Dec 04, 2012, 07:05:25 PM
The DLC that GBX makes will be canon because Fox and Syd Mead say so.  But if we get the SDK, too many random people like some of the trolls on this board will start building maps and insisitng that its canon...just like GBX.

That won't be cool.
Trolling?, I hope  :-X

SDK would be the best but nowdays that just don't happen.

WinterActual

WinterActual

Quote from: Ash 937 on Dec 04, 2012, 07:05:25 PM

That won't be cool.
It is because those maps will be free  ::) GBX are demanding money for non canonical crap.

Shmiggins

Shmiggins

uh.... anyone that is expecting SDK is gonna be sorely disappointed.  That ain't gonna happen.  If it was only on the PC maybe... but since it's on the consoles too.. Def not happening.

The Necronoir

The Necronoir

Quote from: Shmiggins on Dec 04, 2012, 10:29:27 PM
uh.... anyone that is expecting SDK is gonna be sorely disappointed.  That ain't gonna happen.  If it was only on the PC maybe... but since it's on the consoles too.. Def not happening.

Skyrim.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed