AI/Robots

Started by ShadowPred, May 14, 2007, 04:15:32 PM

Author
AI/Robots (Read 39,456 times)

Noir-Gojira

Noir-Gojira

Quote from: Noir-Gojira on May 15, 2007, 06:13:55 AM
Robots are getting smarter and so are we.

XD, I'm sorry but when I look around, I can't help but see people making the same type of mistakes their kind has made for centuries.  Don't get me wrong, there have been plenty of advancements and changes, but much of the human behavior remains the same as ever.  Chances are, the human race will probably eliminate itself in one way or another before some horde of crazed robots get the chance ^_^

So, we are kind of in a symbiosis with computers already.  If you shut down all the computers - the economy just stops.  We need computers to progress, otherwise we stagnate.

Tragically true.  I believe Einstein put it best when he said, "I don't know what World War 3 will be fought with, but World War 4 will be fought with sticks and stones."

ShadowPred

gameoverman

gameoverman

Quote from: ShadowPred on Jun 03, 2007, 05:00:04 AM
http://www.i4u.com/article9295.html

Awesome.  See?  I told you - AI will get better and better.  I just wish they didn't put that creepy looking face on it...  Doesn't sell the concept too well.  :P

uhhhhh

uhhhhh

That first link is a joke, as in it is supposed to be funny, you understand that, right?

Also that "robots smarter than people" stuff is pure hogwash, no such thing will ever exist.

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

It will be possible, Stephen Hawking has said that in at least 100 years, AI will most likely become self aware, whether they will try yo enslave us or not, no one can be sure.

And in response to the Toddler Robot. What the hell is the prupose of that thing anyway?

gameoverman

gameoverman

Quote from: uhhhhh on Jun 03, 2007, 06:50:31 AM
That first link is a joke, as in it is supposed to be funny, you understand that, right?

Also that "robots smarter than people" stuff is pure hogwash, no such thing will ever exist.

It's just a matter of reverse engineering the human brain by doing a complete scan of every structure inside the brain then building a model inside the computer.  They've already made quite a bit of progress on this already.

Of course, AI is already better than human intelligence in tons of ways.  But it cannot yet be independent of human programmers. 

Expect to see smarter than human AI sometime in the 2020s or 2030s.

BKS_tmo

BKS_tmo

This white thing with black hat is one of the creepies things in present!!!
Im going to build litle log house in mountain... just ina case :)

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

If this is not proof of robots that will enslave us in the future, I don't know what is.

http://news.scotsman.com/scitech.cfm?id=1026502007

gameoverman

gameoverman

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

All I can say is that we are totally f'd. Just like your signature...that's literally what i will say.

gameoverman

gameoverman

Quote from: ShadowPred on Jul 05, 2007, 06:18:26 PM
All I can say is that we are totally f'd. Just like your signature...that's literally what i will say.

Don't worry ShadowPred, the animals probably thought the same thing when humans started getting intelligent.

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

Well,  now it's our turn to start getting worried. The terminators films are going to be a documentary in the future about how we predicted this thing happening years ago.

ShadowPred

Dekapitator

Dekapitator

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed