Prometheus 2 To "Begin" Answering Questions

Started by Corporal Hicks, Sep 17, 2015, 09:12:13 AM

Author
Prometheus 2 To "Begin" Answering Questions (Read 26,469 times)

T Dog

ULTRAMORPH

my guess would be that this "god" created Engineers and humans (it's why we share DNA).
They got jealous and that's why they want to wipe us out.

Ultramorph

That's an interesting idea. Maybe "Space God" favored humans and that set the Engineers off. Maybe Scott will do Space Jesus in some form, who knows.

T Dog

Quote from: Ultramorph on Sep 17, 2015, 06:49:47 PM
That's an interesting idea. Maybe "Space God" favored humans and that set the Engineers off. Maybe Scott will do Space Jesus in some form, who knows.
I think whatever the story turns out to be, it'll be very very simple stuff.

CrespiChickenStrips

Don't tell me they're doing the whole "questions will be answered" thing again  ::)

T Dog

Quote from: CrespiChickenStrips on Sep 17, 2015, 08:09:24 PM
Don't tell me they're doing the whole "questions will be answered" thing again  ::)
I think that they are officially doing "Questions will begin to be answered"

Liberator

It sounds awesome.  Can't wait to see it!

Doggo33

No, I have no hope nor care for this.

Robot Sentry

Robot Sentry

Just going out on a limb here...

Aren't there theories of the Annunaki having reptilian counterparts or something along those lines? Would the Predators (who seem to have reptilian elements) make sense as part of all this Engineer/Xenomorph/black goo etc. space god stuff?

Look, I'm not saying they'll go with that, as both Ridley and Blomkamp have stated they don't like mixing the Alien and Engineers with the Predator mythos.

To me though, at this point it seems like it does make sense to do something like that, if we're talking about bridging all the Alien/Engineer stuff with all the ancient astronaut theory (something Prometheus has done).

If the Engineers and whatever other Lovecraftian "things" out there created life, us humans, and the Alien then...?

I'd add that at this point the great creepy mystery of the space jockey from the original Alien has been uncovered, and really are the Engineers (giant albino humanoids) any more mind blowing than something like what Predator culture could be seen as in more detail?

whiterabbit

As long as they're monsters or alieny-things I'll be happy. :)

Oh that would be awesome, to run afoul of something else that's creepy like what happened in alien with the space jockey.

dave1978

Dont believe a word of it,   remember we have already been mugged over by Ridley / fox.  For the next 18 months we will get our ears filled with happy promises and grand ideas of how this will fix everything and even more,  hopes will be high with fangasm's everywhere.  Then Fox will get nervous that its too grand and off the rails for the mainstream idiots that fill todays society,  they will interfere like they did before with Prometheus,  kill the story force Ridleys hand and produce another waste of a movie with us all in the same position again   "WHAT HAPPENDED THERE"   

Jarac

"Questions will be answered"? We heard that before. Talk is cheap. It's time to put up or shut up, Mr. Scott.

Birth_Machine

Let's only hope that this doesn't have a Contact-style ending with Shaw meeting an engineered vision of her deceased father.

T Dog

Quote from: dave1978 on Sep 18, 2015, 08:36:02 AM
Dont believe a word of it,   remember we have already been mugged over by Ridley / fox.  For the next 18 months we will get our ears filled with happy promises and grand ideas of how this will fix everything and even more,  hopes will be high with fangasm's everywhere.  Then Fox will get nervous that its too grand and off the rails for the mainstream idiots that fill todays society,  they will interfere like they did before with Prometheus,  kill the story force Ridleys hand and produce another waste of a movie with us all in the same position again   "WHAT HAPPENDED THERE"
This will probably happen! Unfortunately!

D. Compton Ambrose

Quote from: dave1978 on Sep 18, 2015, 08:36:02 AM

NickisSmart

Well, I'd rather be lied to than not have anything happen ever again, ever.

Prometheus might have been a lie of sorts, but it wasn't the worst film ever made, on its own merits. It's not what I wanted it to be, nor was it entirely was it was promised to be, but overall I liked it.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed