Different version of the launch trailer

Started by fiveways, Apr 30, 2012, 03:11:42 PM

Author
Different version of the launch trailer (Read 40,399 times)

Toy

Quote from: Sgt Monday on Apr 30, 2012, 08:16:00 PM
So we have two creatures?

One that launches itself from the mans mouth....where could it have gestated from the intestines?Lungs? Or is it coming from
The brain?

Then we have the one Shaw has either in her womb or intestines....hmmnnn

another question, how did the creatures get inside the humans?

Spoiler
I think it might be the same way it exits... I also think this is just one type of monster in the film, different from what Holloway is infected with and what comes out of Shaw. Maybe this thing can't plant a spore like a hugger, and may just force open the mouth as it attacks by strangling the neck, forcing the person to gasp for air, before slithering down the unfortunate crew member's throat in the process.  Once inside it could be reanimating the person by morphing the biological material for a new purpose through something it secretes, making it appear the crew member is alive for awhile; especially if they return to the group after this happens. Even partially retaining memories, until the crew members begin to mutate/behave very strangely and are killed. The thing recognizes when the body is no use to it anymore and/or fully mutated, and jumps to another victim inheriting that persons memories and other traits as the cobra monster goes.  When it leaves I think the reanimated/infected crew member continues to live in some cases, but they are no longer themselves at all
[close]

SpeedyMaxx

It's worth mentioning that the original Alien teaser showed Ash the droid flailing around, part of the chestburster scene, and the facehugger.

I don't know what that thing is or whose mouth it's coming out of, but we don't know much from what we saw and if we didn't have the ability to freeze frame - as we wouldn't in the theater watching the trailer or the original Alien teaser - we wouldn't really know what we saw.  Or at least I wouldn't.

Vepariga

wow those few extra seconds are really something.

That creature coming out of one of the crew's mouth is going to make me uncomfortable lol. The melting-Helmet onto the guys face already had me gulp, suffocation stuff kinda freaks me out abit.

This is gonna be frightening shit, gods I cant wait for this!!

ThisBethesdaSea

Yes, about the same amount of nondescript creature shots were shown when Alien released. We haven't been spoiled whatsoever.

Tough little S.O.B.

I dont know what to think about the snake creature......

Anyway, nobody talks about the 2 or 3 hologram (or not) SPACE JOCKEY running to David on the corridor at 2:08?

Qwertify

@ 0:52
Shaw: No, not a map - an invitation.
Fifield: From whom?

Text: FROM RIDLEY SCOTT

Xenomorphine

Spoiler
I find it interesting that the new 'infecting' stage of creature (presumably doing so via bite) looks a great deal like a facehugger without legs...
[close]

NGR01

Quote from: Eva on Apr 30, 2012, 10:43:21 PM
David is not the engineer... it's pretty evident from all the tidbits and clues that have been released + the trailers + the named actors actually portraying the engineer in the film.

Besides, I don't buy the notion that the humans infected, 'become' someone else, engineers or whatever. They are still themselves with their identities intact, but something very terrifying happens to them, forcing them to make desperate choices. I think infected Fifield is tearing the people apart in the hangar because they essentially wanna kill him... Should he just allow them to?

David is clearly not THE engineer.
Ian Whyte is playing the Engineer and other actors are playing them for those holograms/flashbacks sequences.
But then who is that human sized character wearing an Engineer undersuit?
A dying old man with a god complex?
An artificial being who seems to have a lot of fun with Engineer's tech, manipulating it pretty easely, a being jaleous to humans who feel superior to them?
A maverick archeologist?

Fifield is infected by something and mutates into some sort of elongated limbs monster.
Either he has an agenda or just go berserk is yet to be known.
Holloway is infected by yet another form of creature he survives long enough to make love to Shaw and infect her.
Or it seems.

szkoki

that melted face and that thing bursting out of one on of the crew member's  mouth its really disturbing...i got goosebumps

OpenMaw

Quote from: NGR01 on May 01, 2012, 10:09:35 AM
Ian Whyte is playing the Engineer and other actors are playing them for those holograms/flashbacks sequences.

Let it go dude. Really. It's the same engineer in all the shots, intended to be a nine foot being. He wakes up, puts on his suit, and prepares to kick human ass.

NGR01

NGR01

Quote from: OpenMaw on May 01, 2012, 12:28:21 PM
Quote from: NGR01 on May 01, 2012, 10:09:35 AM

Let it go dude. Really. It's the same engineer in all the shots, intended to be a nine foot being. He wakes up, puts on his suit, and prepares to kick human ass.

No DUDE. YOU let it go.
If you clearly see a nine foot being in this shot you should really get your eyes checked... Dude.

Shaw and the Prometheus corridors magicaly increased their size by 300% in the course of the movie. Well That is what good food does  ;D

He couls have been enhanced resized later but it's wrong too because from Connor O'sullivans interviews now we know that when confronted to humans in the same scene he's played by Ian Whyte in full prosthetic suit.
Only when the Engineers are alone (the holographic flashbacks), they are played by regular sized actors.

It's gonna be fun to read you once the cat is out of the bag...
But i suspect that you will have the same attitude as Glaive when confronted with the truth about the screening i attended...  ;D
Arent you the one who already told me to let it go when i said month ago that ENGINEERS will be huge humanoids?
We know how it turned out... ;D

BTW everyone is entitled to their opinion and theory if my posts annoy you that much the ignore option works very well.

ChrisPachi

Quote from: NGR01 on May 01, 2012, 01:15:18 PMIf you clearly see a nine foot being in this shot you should really get your eyes checked... Dude.

I see legs.

OpenMaw

Quote from: NGR01 on May 01, 2012, 01:15:18 PM
No DUDE. YOU let it go.

Oh, no. Someone is getting fussy.  ;D

Quote from: NGR01 on May 01, 2012, 01:15:18 PM
If you clearly see a nine foot being in this shot you should really get your eyes checked... Dude.

Shaw and the Prometheus corridors magicaly increased their size by 300% in the course of the movie. Well That is what good food does  ;D

He couls have been enhanced resized later but it's wrong too because from Connor O'sullivans interviews now we know that when confronted to humans in the same scene he's played by Ian Whyte in full prosthetic suit.
Only when the Engineers are alone (the holographic flashbacks), they are played by regular sized actors.

It's gonna be fun to read you once the cat is out of the bag...
But i suspect that you will have the same attitude as Glaive when confronted with the truth about the screening i attended...  ;D
Arent you the one who already told me to let it go when i said month ago that ENGINEERS will be huge humanoids?
We know how it turned out... ;D

BTW everyone is entitled to their opinion and theory if my posts annoy you that much the ignore option works very well.

...Man, you really have a hard time hearing someone tell you that you're wrong.

I'm not a coward that I have to use the forum equivalant of "NAH NAH NAH I CANT HEAR YOU!" You're wrong. That is of course my opinion, I don't know why I have to make that discliaimer. You seem smart enough to make wild assertions and speculations with the best of us about pretty much impossible to calculate elements of the story.

Noomi is scrunched up on the floor, The engineer vaguely looks to be hunching over (to reach down and grab her) it's impossible to tell the size properly from that shot. Especially considering the angle is 45 degrees relative to them, and about 20 or 30 degrees angled up. Which is what you do when you're trying to make something look bigger. Like in Terminator, every shot of Arnold is a low angle up towards his face to make him look bigger.

One engineer. No David donning the suit, no old man Weyland donning the suit. Yes, it is my opinion. That doesn't stop me from saying "Hey? Based on what I see. I think you're wrong."

The closest thing shown so far about stealing tech from the Engineers is David taking one of the Ampules, and the taking of The Jockey head. That, is plenty to satisfy that part of the Prometheus mythos.

Quote from: ChrisPachi on May 01, 2012, 01:37:31 PM
Quote from: NGR01 on May 01, 2012, 01:15:18 PMIf you clearly see a nine foot being in this shot you should really get your eyes checked... Dude.
I see legs.

Hah!  ;D

NGR01

I'm wrong?
As i was wrong for the collision, as i was for the ship under the temple, as i was for old peter wayland being on board...
LOL.
No you are... DUDE!
We can play that game for a month...
More like 15 days if all goes weel ^^

Quote from: OpenMaw on May 01, 2012, 01:58:42 PM
Noomi is scrunched up on the floor, The engineer vaguely looks to be hunching over (to reach down and grab her) it's impossible to tell the size properly from that shot. Especially considering the angle is 45 degrees relative to them, and about 20 or 30 degrees angled up. Which is what you do when you're trying to make something look bigger. Like in Terminator, every shot of Arnold is a low angle up towards his face to make him look bigger.

Usually to get that trick effect you put your camera right under the giant being or behind the victim overshadowed by the being but Thanks for that lesson in cinematography, i'll try to remember it for a shoot.
If you wanna make a regular human look like a 7ft tall humanoid don't bother hiring a tall actor or cgi.
Just put you camera on the ground facing straight the actors who are at 3 meters in front of you.
Don't bother if the humanoid is near a door that you have seen to be human sized in previous shot.
Seriously sometimes i wonder why we bother with sfx...

Glad to know that you have the balls to speak up your mind.
The victory will taste even better mouhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha ;)

Sgt Monday

one of the earlier trailers begins with something along the lines of "every great king
has his reign,then he dies"

So the room with the giant and urs seems to be a shrine to this great king(God).
The giant face resembles the guy in the waterfall scene.And we know the engeneers
have visited Earth before.Could this be the one engeneer leader that gave"fire" to the
humans long ago and was punished for it by having this lifeform eat him from the inside?

"fire" meaning what tho....

Anothèr observation-

So maybe in the movie the Engeneer we see is not evil.
Shaw says "Theireleaving"
So multiple beings are heading to Earth in hopes of harming it,according to the trailers.
We see at least one crewmember turning on the rest of the crew,possibly infected.
So maybe other crew members get infected and are trying to bring this desease to Earth.
These infected crew members are "Theire leaving"
Shaw and team must stop them obviously,but with the help if the lone engeneer who knows the dangers of
the "desease".

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed