Disney in talks to buy Fox. What could this mean for Alien and Predator?

Started by newbeing, Nov 06, 2017, 07:34:15 PM

Author
Disney in talks to buy Fox. What could this mean for Alien and Predator? (Read 184,393 times)

Necronomicon II

O'Bannon called Kane's violation "homosexual rape". Regardless, a rapey android has sculpted the species in the image of sexual perversion now. It's text.

Personally I don't want Ripley to return in any capacity, her legacy has been set, give the role of the next heroine(s) to new up and coming talents, or Sylvia Hoeks. Mmmmm.

Voodoo Magic

Pssst - I know I'm a bystander here, but Omegamorph asked the topic to stop. Would hate to see anyone temporarily banned here.

The Old One

The Old One

Sylvia Hoeks... Omg- p l e a s e.

https://youtu.be/BLSFQUjyBQo?t=158

"I'm the best one."

Perfect-Organism

One could argue that every Aliens film (including the AVP's) has featured a rebooted Ripley.  Every lead female role has been trying to fill those shoes that cannot be filled.

But one would be way off topic.  Anyway, sure hope we get some great new Aliens films even if under the house of mouse...

The Old One

The Old One

Quote from: Perfect-Organism on Feb 06, 2019, 09:46:52 PM
One could argue that every Aliens film (including the AVP's) has featured a rebooted Ripley.  Every lead female role has been trying to fill those shoes that cannot be filled.

Yeah, so make a new character.

How about a female Android/Replicant that starts as the "Company Man" *COUGH* Silva Hoeks *COUGH* then?

How about a Male Android with severe Daddy issues to be the opposite to Ellen Ripley? That creates the Alien.

;D

Captain Dallas at Thedus

Captain Dallas at Thedus

Iger's on a "creep level"of David Geffen,He'll never be President,&Disney completely screwed the pooch on those Star Wars Sequels.How does he still have a job??:)

OmegaZilla

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Feb 06, 2019, 08:24:41 PM
Pssst - I know I'm a bystander here, but Omegamorph asked the topic to stop. Would hate to see anyone temporarily banned here.
Thanks mate

Voodoo Magic

Immortan Jonesy

The Old One

The Old One

The real apathetic Megacorporation.

Magegg

Quote from: The Old One on Feb 06, 2019, 08:18:14 PMTo tell a new story using the universe of Alien? Not Ripley's story again?
You can tell a new story and have Ripley. Specially if she's a new take, a rebooted Ripley.

The Old One

The Old One

But then it's not Ripley,
it's Ripley in name only.

The same problem as Shaw, Daniels and Lex but in a reversed context.
Which means you'd be better off with a new character entirely.

Magegg

Quote from: The Old One on Feb 07, 2019, 01:50:01 AM
But then it's not Ripley,
it's Ripley in name only.
How do you know? You haven't seen it.

The Old One

The Old One

Because by her own admission, Sigourney Weaver said Ripley was always written a certain way and she felt David Giler and Walter Hill "Got" Ripley, whereas everyone else aside from James Cameron wrote her like a Basketball coach. The last time we got "A new take" on Ripley, we got Ripley 8.

Nah, Ripley's had a full arc and then some on the side, time for a completely new character with no resemblance to her to take protagonist centre stage. Not an antagonist-protagonist (David) or a Ripley mixtape.

Magegg

Quote from: The Old One on Feb 07, 2019, 02:13:38 AMNah, Ripley's had a full arc and then some on the side
That doesn't mean Ripley couldn't have had a different arc. Alien 3 was ultimately just one of many different versions that story could have had. There wasn't any initial intention to take her there.

Quote from: The Old One on Feb 07, 2019, 02:13:38 AMtime for a completely new character with no resemblance to her to take protagonist centre stage.
You can have a version of Ripley that shares most of the classic Ripley personality and identity, but has different adventures.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed