Alien Book Idea

Started by Firetnk, Jan 31, 2008, 02:51:05 AM

Author
Alien Book Idea (Read 1,179 times)

Firetnk

Firetnk

Hey guys I got an idea for a book just wanted some constructive criticism for it.

Scientist who studies Space Jockeys, and goes to different worlds to study this ancient dead civilization. When ever the scientist reaches an new destination or learns something of importance about the Jockeys there is a parallel story hundreds of thousands of years ago about the Jockey culture or event.

65 Million Years ago this happened.

Space Jockeys are big and weak and are great scientists and thinkers. They are not warriors but get into a war with the tribal Predator society (Hish) Jockeys are more technologically advanced then the Hish but lack the strength to face war. To find a way to win the Jockey Scientists create the Alien. In detail almost in a biblical Genesis/Revelation relationship how the Alien was born. But the genetics were unstable and the Jockeys were in a rush to create this bio-weapon to defeat the Hish that they became careless in their genetic tinkering of this small insect creature. The new species mutated to form a hive social caste that also created the queen. The Jockeys in their haste did not study this creature for a prolonged time. The cloned warriors were shipped in mass to Jockey bases in preparation to battle the Hish. Unknowing the Aliens mutated, creating the queen and hive system and every Jockey base was either sealed off or overrun by this threat. The Jockey face inevitable doom as the hish launch mass assaults against their cities and the Jockey military has been destroyed by the very thing that was supposed to be their savior.

One of this ships was sent to Supply a Jockey Base but the hive formed on the ship since this base war farther away. The Aliens escape and in several other following events the ship crashes killing everyone including the Aliens leaving only a supply room full of eggs. (Set up Alien)

Yucatan Peninsula crater Was not a comet but the crater left from a Predator weapon of mass destruction that annihilated an entire Jockey colony on this planet (Earth)
This was a scientific colony studying the natural species on the planet. The planets natural species were mostly annihilated. (Dinosaurs) 

;D

This is only a brief summary of only the flashback part of the book idea. I will try to write it.

I will not mention Earth or Dinosaurs or other things connected to the franchise this serves as a mythology of how the Aliens were created and the Space Jockeys eradicated. :P Just allude to it in a professional manner. This is jut a rough sketch idea. The main characters are the Jockys, the scientist as his crew learning and the Alien abominations created in desperation to save the Jockey society. The Predator's war with the Jockeys only serve as backdrop for the story. The scientist doesn't know about the Predators he only knows the Jockeys faced a warrior tribe society in contrast to their technological scientific society.

happypred

happypred

Nice little twist on the Yucatan Crater  ;D

But how about the Jockeys engineered both the aliens and the predators. Once the Jockeys realized that the aliens were out of control, they engineered a second species, the Yautja.
Why? The Jockeys were highly intelligent but physically weak. They engineered the Yautja as their warrior/hunter caste to fight the alien outbreaks.

Yautja is the name the Jockeys gave to their second creation. The jockeys armed the Yautja for their task of exterminating the aliens (this would explain why the relatively primitive predator society possesses such advanced technology). Though highly intelligent, the predators were designed primarily as warriors/hunters (maybe explaining why 99% of predator society consists of hunters).

If you don't like the idea of the predators being engineered by the Jockeys I suppose an alternative would be for the Jockeys to have come across them in their travels. They realized that this primitive species had the makings of the ultimate warrior race. The Jockeys made contact. Awed the predators into worshiping them and trained them to eradicate alien infestations.
In the predator religion, the Jockeys are revered as gods.

Firetnk

Firetnk

Nah I'd rather not do either of those because its just the Alien engineering takes most of the book over a period of many years and engineering a second species when your screwed in a quick time period isn't too logical if the 1st one hates you too.

And your second Idea was just a remake of the AVP subplot  :-\

I don't want to copy anyone, I think what I got is really original.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed