I need some advice...

Started by megachu17, Jan 18, 2008, 09:28:39 PM

Author
I need some advice... (Read 3,597 times)

megachu17

megachu17

yea, if i desided to get novels, i was thinking:

AvP: Prey
AvP: Hunter's Planet
AvP: War
Aliens: Earth Hive
Aliens: Nightmare Asylum
Aliens: The Female War
Aliens: DNA War
Predator: Flesh And Blood

...but then again...the Omnibuses r soooo awesome...

Warmaster Jedi

Warmaster Jedi

Quote from: megachu17 on Jan 20, 2008, 03:37:02 AM
hmm...what about the novels? they are cheaper, i would be able go get alot mor novels than the Omnibuses(Omnibi?...grr, stupid plurals), so would it mak mor sence go get lik, 8 novels, or 2 of the Omnibuses?

Em... what 8 novels if you're refering to the old novels they're basically an adaptations of comic except the newest aliens and predator novels release by DH Press and also the AVP novel called Hunter's Planet.

So in my opinion, get the original and that means get the omnibus. There's plurals for omnibus I didn't know that and what's true word for plurals is it Omnibuses or Omnibi?

Chocolate man!

Chocolate man!

Is AVP: thrill of the hunt any good?  I've been thinking about purchasing it.

Bishop2

Bishop2

Quote from: Chocolate man! on Jan 20, 2008, 04:13:00 AM

It's gotten a very mixed reaction on this board.  Some of us liked it. Others hated it.  Mostly people agree the artwork is middling. As for the writing... that's where we all differ.

Chocolate man!

Chocolate man!

Quote from: Bishop2 on Jan 20, 2008, 06:41:44 AM

It's gotten a very mixed reaction on this board.  Some of us liked it. Others hated it.  Mostly people agree the artwork is middling. As for the writing... that's where we all differ.

I see.  So is it supposed to be in the same continuity as the 1st AVP film (except a long time into the future) or is it completely diffrent.

Bishop2

Bishop2

Quote from: Chocolate man! on Jan 20, 2008, 08:40:42 AM
Quote from: Bishop2 on Jan 20, 2008, 06:41:44 AM

I see.  So is it supposed to be in the same continuity as the 1st AVP film (except a long time into the future) or is it completely diffrent.

It's in the same continuity as the AVP movies and also the same continuity as the previous comics and movies.  Not that it really matters.  It's a pretty standalone story, although it does have a cliffhanger ending that is supposed to be resolved in the as-yet-unpublished sequel "Civilized Beasts."

Rafael S.

Rafael S.

Ummmm. Aliens vs Predator: War was a good comic until they changed the artist in issue 2.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed