Discussion to begin the AVP2 Redux project

Started by gabrieloup, Mar 08, 2016, 04:29:49 PM

Author
Discussion to begin the AVP2 Redux project (Read 6,731 times)

x-M-x

So a single rez? or multiple rez? running more than one mod does and will cause conflicts.

if you're gonna run 9 mods something will be broke (unless your packing it in a different way)

- Good luck on that let us know.

Plus, you seem 'keen' you should learn the trade and start making your own stuff too, would be awesome.

8)

gabrieloup

gabrieloup

Quote from: x-M-x on Mar 10, 2016, 12:39:30 PM
So a single rez? or multiple rez? running more than one mod does and will cause conflicts.

if you're gonna run 9 mods something will be broke (unless your packing it in a different way)

- Good luck on that let us know.

Plus, you seem 'keen' you should learn the trade and start making your own stuff too, would be awesome.

8)
Actually, it's 8 .REZ files and one folder file. And it doesn't cause conflicts at all, at least with my version of the game. I was really careful in choosing mods so that they don't cause conflicts with each other, no matter what order you choose to run the mods. The only mods that change gameplay features are the VIP mod, PROJAM 4.4 and the AVP2010 mod. You can run all of them at once in that order, without any issues. The rest of the mods are cosmetic mods, such as sound mods, music mods and skin mods, so they don't conflict with each other.

Here's a list of mods used in AVP2 Redux :
AVP Classic Sound Pack : adijager
AVP 2007 Texture Pack : Dex909
AVP 2010 Mod : LoZioFBV
Bloody Tears Pack : AcidGlow
DONUTS Complete Music Mod : 666 aka Evil Homer
Heat Glow Mod : Yaji
PROJAM 4.4 Mod : PROJAM Productions
Star Wars Mod : KingKenny
VIP Mod : Jegu

They're not run this way, though, here's the command lines :
-rez custom/AVP207.REZ -rez custom/SW_MOD.REZ -rez custom/bloodytearspack.REZ -rez custom/VIP.REZ -rez custom/PROJAM4_4.REZ -rez custom/heat.REZ -rez custom/DONUTS.REZ -rez avpcsp -rez custom/AVP2010.REZ

Olde

No doubt you probably won't get a response from everyone. The way I understand it is your 'mod' is really just a clusterf*ck of lots of other mods thrown together that for some reason or another don't break when you play it. I'm still not convinced that nothing is broken when you play; just look at Kenny's remark: "The predator heat vision shows Weyland Yutani troops in heat vision and electro vision. Then when it changes to pred tech vision it show sith cultists." I'm sure there will be other instances of things like this.

The way it works for AvP Classic is, if you credit all the people responsible for each component, there's nothing they can say or do to prevent you from including it. From my understanding, AvP2 and all subsidiary mods are technically the property of Fox, and unless the mod maker made money from his/her mod or you are making money from yours, no one can come after you with a cease and desist, threats, etc. Your 'mod' is clearly just a collection of different mods. Even if it completely destroys the author's (or authors', in the case of multiple) original vision for one mod, there's no legitimate reason for their work to not be included if everyone is credited.

x-M-x

^--- Indeed,

And this is why it 'hardly ever works' it's been done 10 fold in the past 15 years, and not many will download it or use it, as 'something will be broke' or 'weird' or just damn right buggy'

Putting all these modifications together and expect it to work out of the box is 50/50 IMO

Your best bet is just make your own stuff the way you want it.  :)

gabrieloup

gabrieloup

Quote from: x-M-x on Mar 10, 2016, 06:57:12 PM
^--- Indeed,

And this is why it 'hardly ever works' it's been done 10 fold in the past 15 years, and not many will download it or use it, as 'something will be broke' or 'weird' or just damn right buggy'

Putting all these modifications together and expect it to work out of the box is 50/50 IMO

Your best bet is just make your own stuff the way you want it.  :)
Aside of completely ignoring what I said, you and Olde's inputs on the mod pack fall into the redundant questions that I debunked in the very beginning of the topic. If you guys want to disable the f**king Sith Cultists and all, you guys can do that yourself by SIMPLY removing "-rez custom/SW_MOD.REZ" from the startup, or put it to be the first file to be loaded. Personally, I like the fact that characters display differently across each vision mode, like in Predator Concrete Jungle. I REPEAT : You can just disable the Star Wars mod from startup or have it be the first -rez command at startup. How hard can it be to be to try to understand that? And it's the player's choice if they want to combine the mods or not, so that it "doesn't destroy the author's vision of the mod". That's the player's choice, not me. If people don't want to download this, fine. I'm not forcing it to anyone's throat, and everyone can happily download the mods in sites that are pretty frustrating and slow to use. If you guys want to act blatantly negative across something you didn't even try in the first place, I'm not even going to try convincing otherwise. I'm not the "thought police" who tries to twist everyone's prejudices. I'm not Randy Pitchford, you fools. The mod pack can only break if you put the VIP mod as the last command line, but even that isn't really "breaking" the mod, more like experiencing a really silly unfinished mod. Hey, at least you get good textures and good music in that case, rather than the cartoony visuals of vanilla AVP2, mixed with the repetitive music of vanilla AVP2. If you guys want to argue over this over and over, I'm not going to join the discussion. Just keep looping the first post in the thread if you want a repetitive discussion with a wall of automatic text. I'm not a robot and I sure don't want to be one. Anyhow, I'm convinced that I'm going to try to make this work and the only people who can actually stop me is the authors themselves. Otherwise, I'm giving this a go.

Hey, at least this mod pack doesn't look like this, even if you screw up as hard as possible :
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-8dO0L1zJZ4
Don't even comment about the video above. Stay on topic, please.

x-M-x

Who says we're being negative? on the contrary we're just giving you input and if you want to do this then go for it.

No one will stop you, it's just it's been done before and not given much praise in the past but w/e.

No need to get all hot headed about it.

:P

gabrieloup

Quote from: x-M-x on Mar 10, 2016, 08:03:29 PM
Who says we're being negative? on the contrary we're just giving you input and if you want to do this then go for it.

No one will stop you, it's just it's been done before and not given much praise in the past but w/e.

No need to get all hot headed about it.

:P
I'm not expecting praise or anyone to stop by on the street and say "Hey! You compiled a bunch of mods! You're so cool! I wish I were you!" This never happened previous times I've done something similar and I'm not expecting it now.

KingKenny

Quote from: gabrieloup on Mar 10, 2016, 12:19:33 PM
All the mods are left in their original state. That is, nothing is being "deconstructed". unlike that horrible excuse for a "mod" (Xenomorphs Contra Yautja). The video is running all 9 mods at once, with command lines at startup. So it's not like Xenomorphs Contra Yautja where everything's glued in a messy folder. Not that way. So if anyone want to play Star Wars mod alone, people can. It's a completely customizable experience. I'd like you to please reconsider my offer, because I'd really, really want to include the Star Wars mod into the package since I f**kin' love it a lot. And when the 2.0 version comes out, I'd LOVE to include it in AVP2 Redux. I think the only issue, as you said, is contacting the other authors. But then again, I don't think it's such a big deal considering that it's just a re-packaging of different mods, their contributions are small, and they're getting credited for it anyhow. Think of  AVP2 Redux as if it were an "alternate link" to the best mods. However, if you think that's such a big deal then I'll go ask them. Do know that most of the authors in the mods simply don't respond for some reason, so it's a bit nerve-wrecking to keep waiting for an answer while your other half says "he's not going to say anything" and the other half says "you gotta wait". I'm not stealing the mods, unlike the author of Xenomorphs Contra Yautja, and I'm not repackaging things without credits. I need the essential permissions, though. You're the leader of the Star Wars TC mod for AVP2, you're supposed to deal with permission asking, not everyone who's in your project. If we'd go in details about everything, then I'd have to very kindly ask 20th Century Fox for their permission for all the audio and music as well, and kindly wait to get my ass kicked. Removing the mod from the AVP2 Redux project is like removing Duke Nukem from Duke Nukem and replace him with that douchebag from Ride to Hell Retribution. It's not nearly as fun.

Quote from: Olde on Mar 10, 2016, 10:09:11 AM
I think I overlooked where you said it would be a single-player mod only. I personally have no problem with you creating your own mod out of other people's stuff as long as they're credited and it's only for the single-player campaign. However, if there's to be a multiplayer component, that's really a different story and changes things greatly.
Well, the multiplayer component works and everything, but I doubt people would host online matches with them, since vanilla AVP2 and AJL R3 is vastly more popular.

So instead of pulling the mod contents out of the rez files and compiling them into 1 rez file, you're taking the rez files out of all the zips/rars and putting them all in 1 zip. I'm going to have to say no to this.

If this was you putting a zip together with several other mods all in their original zip/rar files I'd probably be ok with it.

If it was something like this:

"AvP2 Redux.zip" contents:

AJL mod.zip
Axp mod.zip
Projam mod.rar
SW_MOD.rar
MOD whatever.zip
Another mod.rar
AvP2 Redux Readme.rtf

I'd be cool with that.

However, I don't want my mod associated with this if you're doing it the way of extracting the mod out of the zip. I still have a website. If people want my mod they can find it easily.

"Copyright/Permissions: This mod is the sole property of KingKenny. You may not edit or modify the SW_MOD.rez or SW_CULTIST.rez in any form, without my consent. You may not put this mod or the Cultist skin in another mod as well, without my consent. However, you may distribute this mod, skin, and associated files included with it, through an electronic network as long as the .rar file contents remain complete and unchanged. This Text file MUST accompany the mod's distribution in its entirety. THESE LEVELS/MOD IS NOT MADE BY OR SUPPORTED BY Monolith Productions, or any of its affiliates and subsidiaries."

Le Celticant

Well, nothing has ever forbidden anyone to come up with its own package.
I myself got used to run AVP2 single player with AJL sounds and skins.
I also have sometime the habbit of playing AJL with some custom made community skin.
I've never published them though, I think it's rather a personal thing.

Instead of creating package, try creating a mod :)

Beware, if several .rez file have the same skin/sound/whateva, only the Last one in the chain of command will work.
Beware that AJL used extensive modification of the source code which included library re-write.
That being said means the name of the skins/textures/sounds and their containing folder differs from the original avp2.
Which means you will either get a fatal crash or simply your skin not working.

Olde

Quote from: gabrieloup on Mar 10, 2016, 07:42:17 PMAside of completely ignoring what I said, you and Olde's inputs on the mod pack fall into the redundant questions that I debunked in the very beginning of the topic. If you guys want to disable the f**king Sith Cultists and all, you guys can do that yourself by SIMPLY removing "-rez custom/SW_MOD.REZ" from the startup, or put it to be the first file to be loaded.
OR...I can disable the "f**king Sith Cultists and all" by not getting the mod pack at all. Sounds much simpler to me.

Quote from: gabrieloup on Mar 10, 2016, 07:42:17 PMPersonally, I like the fact that characters display differently across each vision mode, like in Predator Concrete Jungle.
Whatever floats your boat. But you're trying to get people who aren't familiar with the game into it. Newbies don't know how to operate the command line or which .REZ file contains which models. Let's say someone doesn't like the fact that one vision mode changes a marine to looking like, I don't know, a 600-lb chimpanzee. Well, then they'd have to figure out which one of 9 or more mods affects that specific model and then they can't reap any of the benefits of that mod, since all you apparently know how to do is tell them to enable/disable mods.

Quote from: gabrieloup on Mar 10, 2016, 07:42:17 PMI REPEAT : You can just disable the Star Wars mod from startup or have it be the first -rez command at startup. How hard can it be to be to try to understand that?
Chill the f**k out. If this is how you talk to players who you want to get into AvP2, it's no wonder why it ain't working.

Quote from: gabrieloup on Mar 10, 2016, 07:42:17 PMAnd it's the player's choice if they want to combine the mods or not, so that it "doesn't destroy the author's vision of the mod". That's the player's choice, not me.
True, but you're the compiler, and clearly you're adding things that work together for you, which implies that on some level, they go together. Including the Star Wars mod, for instance, tells me that you like the changes that it does. You're giving a suggestion as to how the game should look and sound for people.

Quote from: gabrieloup on Mar 10, 2016, 07:42:17 PMIf people don't want to download this, fine. I'm not forcing it to anyone's throat, and everyone can happily download the mods in sites that are pretty frustrating and slow to use. If you guys want to act blatantly negative across something you didn't even try in the first place, I'm not even going to try convincing otherwise. I'm not the "thought police" who tries to twist everyone's prejudices.
You can design your compilation however you want, but don't confuse this with originality.

Quote from: gabrieloup on Mar 10, 2016, 07:42:17 PMI'm not Randy Pitchford, you fools.
At least Pitchford made something original.

Quote from: gabrieloup on Mar 10, 2016, 07:42:17 PMThe mod pack can only break if you put the VIP mod as the last command line, but even that isn't really "breaking" the mod, more like experiencing a really silly unfinished mod. Hey, at least you get good textures and good music in that case, rather than the cartoony visuals of vanilla AVP2, mixed with the repetitive music of vanilla AVP2. If you guys want to argue over this over and over, I'm not going to join the discussion. Just keep looping the first post in the thread if you want a repetitive discussion with a wall of automatic text. I'm not a robot and I sure don't want to be one. Anyhow, I'm convinced that I'm going to try to make this work and the only people who can actually stop me is the authors themselves. Otherwise, I'm giving this a go.
You're the only one arguing here. I already told you I think it's great that you're making a mod. Now with your attitude problem I'm pretty sure I made a mistake by giving you the benefit of the doubt.

Quote from: gabrieloup on Mar 10, 2016, 07:42:17 PMHey, at least this mod pack doesn't look like this, even if you screw up as hard as possible :

This video shows your true colors. You're totally unaccepting of other people's shit, and for what? How old is that mod/mod pack or whatever? Someone obviously liked it, so there's no need to be a judgmental asshole about someone's preference. If you don't like it, guess what you can do? How about not play it? Then you go and throw a temper tantrum when people suggest that things will probably be broken when you combine 9 .REZ's together--WHICH WAS PROVEN when Kenny noted that marines turn into siths when you change vision modes, something I can't for the life of me see going over well with your target audience of this mod--and one author doesn't want his work extracted and put alongside other mods that have nothing to do with his. If this is how you behave with your other "mods" (if they even are original mods at all), I'm not surprised you got kicked from ModDB, a feat that I've never heard happen to anyone.

But enough of the attacks. Bottom line is this: if YOU want to make your own game look however you want, go right ahead. No one's stopping you. However, if you make a public release of other people's content under a name you gave with your name on the front, you have to expect some sort of pushback. You didn't make anything, and the new name "AVP2 Redux" implies a totally new mod, which this is not. This is a mod pack. As Kenny suggested, it's better to compile all the zips of the mods you like into one file, then give instructions for players to combine them as they wish. Any implication that your compilation is a standalone mod is asking for trouble.

Corporal Hicks

Comeon fellas, let's not get heated here.

Lucifero

Latin-Italian dictionary

rědux
[rĕdux], rĕdux, rĕdux

adjectives  class II
see the declination of this lemma

http://www.dizionario-latino.com/dizionario-latino-flessione.php

1 veteran, who returns
2 that it brings back, accompanying

Translation and Meaning of redux in Almaany English-Italian Dictionary

redux :
rimesso in voga , tornato di moda , ripristinato , restaurato
Synonyms and Antonymous of the word redux in Almaany dictionary

Synonyms of " redux "
( adj ) : revived

gabrieloup

gabrieloup

Quote from: KingKenny on Mar 11, 2016, 12:01:13 AM
Quote from: gabrieloup on Mar 10, 2016, 12:19:33 PM
All the mods are left in their original state. That is, nothing is being "deconstructed". unlike that horrible excuse for a "mod" (Xenomorphs Contra Yautja). The video is running all 9 mods at once, with command lines at startup. So it's not like Xenomorphs Contra Yautja where everything's glued in a messy folder. Not that way. So if anyone want to play Star Wars mod alone, people can. It's a completely customizable experience. I'd like you to please reconsider my offer, because I'd really, really want to include the Star Wars mod into the package since I f**kin' love it a lot. And when the 2.0 version comes out, I'd LOVE to include it in AVP2 Redux. I think the only issue, as you said, is contacting the other authors. But then again, I don't think it's such a big deal considering that it's just a re-packaging of different mods, their contributions are small, and they're getting credited for it anyhow. Think of  AVP2 Redux as if it were an "alternate link" to the best mods. However, if you think that's such a big deal then I'll go ask them. Do know that most of the authors in the mods simply don't respond for some reason, so it's a bit nerve-wrecking to keep waiting for an answer while your other half says "he's not going to say anything" and the other half says "you gotta wait". I'm not stealing the mods, unlike the author of Xenomorphs Contra Yautja, and I'm not repackaging things without credits. I need the essential permissions, though. You're the leader of the Star Wars TC mod for AVP2, you're supposed to deal with permission asking, not everyone who's in your project. If we'd go in details about everything, then I'd have to very kindly ask 20th Century Fox for their permission for all the audio and music as well, and kindly wait to get my ass kicked. Removing the mod from the AVP2 Redux project is like removing Duke Nukem from Duke Nukem and replace him with that douchebag from Ride to Hell Retribution. It's not nearly as fun.

Quote from: Olde on Mar 10, 2016, 10:09:11 AM
I think I overlooked where you said it would be a single-player mod only. I personally have no problem with you creating your own mod out of other people's stuff as long as they're credited and it's only for the single-player campaign. However, if there's to be a multiplayer component, that's really a different story and changes things greatly.
Well, the multiplayer component works and everything, but I doubt people would host online matches with them, since vanilla AVP2 and AJL R3 is vastly more popular.

So instead of pulling the mod contents out of the rez files and compiling them into 1 rez file, you're taking the rez files out of all the zips/rars and putting them all in 1 zip. I'm going to have to say no to this.

If this was you putting a zip together with several other mods all in their original zip/rar files I'd probably be ok with it.

If it was something like this:

AJL mod.zip
Axp mod.zip
Projam mod.rar
SW_MOD.rar
MOD whatever.zip
Another mod.rar
AvP2 Redux Readme.rtf

I'd be cool with that.

However, I don't want my mod associated with this if you're doing it the way of extracting the mod out of the zip. I still have a website. If people want my mod they can find it easily.

"Copyright/Permissions: This mod is the sole property of KingKenny. You may not edit or modify the SW_MOD.rez or SW_CULTIST.rez in any form, without my consent. You may not put this mod or the Cultist skin in another mod as well, without my consent. However, you may distribute this mod, skin, and associated files included with it, through an electronic network as long as the .rar file contents remain complete and unchanged. This Text file MUST accompany the mod's distribution in its entirety. THESE LEVELS/MOD IS NOT MADE BY OR SUPPORTED BY Monolith Productions, or any of its affiliates and subsidiaries."
I can do that if you wish without any problems. And as a matter of fact, I think your idea is better than mine. Alright, I'll distribute all the files for all mods with a completely unchanged .rar/.zip file, and the only thing I'll do is provide a comprehensive guide that can show people how to combine mods easily in multiple different ways. Do we have a deal then?

Quote from: Le Celticant on Mar 11, 2016, 12:31:41 AM
Well, nothing has ever forbidden anyone to come up with its own package.
I myself got used to run AVP2 single player with AJL sounds and skins.
I also have sometime the habbit of playing AJL with some custom made community skin.
I've never published them though, I think it's rather a personal thing.

Instead of creating package, try creating a mod :)

Beware, if several .rez file have the same skin/sound/whateva, only the Last one in the chain of command will work.
Beware that AJL used extensive modification of the source code which included library re-write.
That being said means the name of the skins/textures/sounds and their containing folder differs from the original avp2.
Which means you will either get a fatal crash or simply your skin not working.
I know about all that. Been playing AVP2 for years, I'm supposed to know all of this before distributing a ton of files to people who know little to nothing about AVP2. And the "try creating a mod" falls into the redundant questions part I've answered in the topic title page.

Quote from: Olde on Mar 11, 2016, 01:45:18 AM
Quote from: gabrieloup on Mar 10, 2016, 07:42:17 PMAside of completely ignoring what I said, you and Olde's inputs on the mod pack fall into the redundant questions that I debunked in the very beginning of the topic. If you guys want to disable the f**king Sith Cultists and all, you guys can do that yourself by SIMPLY removing "-rez custom/SW_MOD.REZ" from the startup, or put it to be the first file to be loaded.
OR...I can disable the "f**king Sith Cultists and all" by not getting the mod pack at all. Sounds much simpler to me.

Quote from: gabrieloup on Mar 10, 2016, 07:42:17 PMPersonally, I like the fact that characters display differently across each vision mode, like in Predator Concrete Jungle.
Whatever floats your boat. But you're trying to get people who aren't familiar with the game into it. Newbies don't know how to operate the command line or which .REZ file contains which models. Let's say someone doesn't like the fact that one vision mode changes a marine to looking like, I don't know, a 600-lb chimpanzee. Well, then they'd have to figure out which one of 9 or more mods affects that specific model and then they can't reap any of the benefits of that mod, since all you apparently know how to do is tell them to enable/disable mods.

Quote from: gabrieloup on Mar 10, 2016, 07:42:17 PMI REPEAT : You can just disable the Star Wars mod from startup or have it be the first -rez command at startup. How hard can it be to be to try to understand that?
Chill the f**k out. If this is how you talk to players who you want to get into AvP2, it's no wonder why it ain't working.

Quote from: gabrieloup on Mar 10, 2016, 07:42:17 PMAnd it's the player's choice if they want to combine the mods or not, so that it "doesn't destroy the author's vision of the mod". That's the player's choice, not me.
True, but you're the compiler, and clearly you're adding things that work together for you, which implies that on some level, they go together. Including the Star Wars mod, for instance, tells me that you like the changes that it does. You're giving a suggestion as to how the game should look and sound for people.

Quote from: gabrieloup on Mar 10, 2016, 07:42:17 PMIf people don't want to download this, fine. I'm not forcing it to anyone's throat, and everyone can happily download the mods in sites that are pretty frustrating and slow to use. If you guys want to act blatantly negative across something you didn't even try in the first place, I'm not even going to try convincing otherwise. I'm not the "thought police" who tries to twist everyone's prejudices.
You can design your compilation however you want, but don't confuse this with originality.

Quote from: gabrieloup on Mar 10, 2016, 07:42:17 PMI'm not Randy Pitchford, you fools.
At least Pitchford made something original.

Quote from: gabrieloup on Mar 10, 2016, 07:42:17 PMThe mod pack can only break if you put the VIP mod as the last command line, but even that isn't really "breaking" the mod, more like experiencing a really silly unfinished mod. Hey, at least you get good textures and good music in that case, rather than the cartoony visuals of vanilla AVP2, mixed with the repetitive music of vanilla AVP2. If you guys want to argue over this over and over, I'm not going to join the discussion. Just keep looping the first post in the thread if you want a repetitive discussion with a wall of automatic text. I'm not a robot and I sure don't want to be one. Anyhow, I'm convinced that I'm going to try to make this work and the only people who can actually stop me is the authors themselves. Otherwise, I'm giving this a go.
You're the only one arguing here. I already told you I think it's great that you're making a mod. Now with your attitude problem I'm pretty sure I made a mistake by giving you the benefit of the doubt.

Quote from: gabrieloup on Mar 10, 2016, 07:42:17 PMHey, at least this mod pack doesn't look like this, even if you screw up as hard as possible :

This video shows your true colors. You're totally unaccepting of other people's shit, and for what? How old is that mod/mod pack or whatever? Someone obviously liked it, so there's no need to be a judgmental asshole about someone's preference. If you don't like it, guess what you can do? How about not play it? Then you go and throw a temper tantrum when people suggest that things will probably be broken when you combine 9 .REZ's together--WHICH WAS PROVEN when Kenny noted that marines turn into siths when you change vision modes, something I can't for the life of me see going over well with your target audience of this mod--and one author doesn't want his work extracted and put alongside other mods that have nothing to do with his. If this is how you behave with your other "mods" (if they even are original mods at all), I'm not surprised you got kicked from ModDB, a feat that I've never heard happen to anyone.

But enough of the attacks. Bottom line is this: if YOU want to make your own game look however you want, go right ahead. No one's stopping you. However, if you make a public release of other people's content under a name you gave with your name on the front, you have to expect some sort of pushback. You didn't make anything, and the new name "AVP2 Redux" implies a totally new mod, which this is not. This is a mod pack. As Kenny suggested, it's better to compile all the zips of the mods you like into one file, then give instructions for players to combine them as they wish. Any implication that your compilation is a standalone mod is asking for trouble.
I think you're the one who should chill out. Read the reply I've made for Kenny. All the mods will be re-distributed in their original .zip and .rar files, respectively. The thing I'll do is just as you said : make an "readme" instructions for combining files to make one cohesive experience. And it's not going to be "one way" either (like you said, suggesting that you can only play the mods in just one way), it's going to be something completely customizable to the player himself, and I'm going to make a TON of YouTube videos showcasing the different gameplay settings you can achieve by having different command lines. So there's no "definitive" way to play the mods together, you can play them in many different ways and achieve very distinct results, which is exactly what people want out of mods these days. Like, Option A, Option B, Option C, etc etc...

I'm not responding to your further replies if all you do is having extremely aggressive attacks for having Sith Cultists appear in PredTech vision. Boo hoo, that's such a big deal, huh. Do you want me to refilm all that so that the Sith Cultists DON'T appear in the video at all? I can do that if you want and dedicate the video to mister yourself. And I got banned from ModDB because of corrupt moderators and a small community full of people who are mentally ill and wanted to have the same level of popularity that I had back then. I was able to make a shitty compilation of mods for Half-Life (Ultra Brutal Half-Life) which happened to be instantly more popular than a whole group dedicated to making Half-Life campaigns and huge mods. You could say "but they were making mods themselves and you weren't" but that doesn't explain their atrocious death threats, KKK references, calling me "the leader of ISIL" and most importantly, contacting a corrupt moderator to get me banned without any specified reason. They were mentally ill. Most of them were already banned many times, and they merely changed email accounts and names when that happened. If I were to be banned because of a similar attitude to what's happening right now, I would've been banned in 2013, not in January 2016. DON'T make any funny ideas of me for something that I'm not. The discussion for Sith Cultists and getting kicked out of ModDB is over. Want me to make it clear for you? I T ' S  O V E R ! If you attack me with these topics again, I'll consider your reply being off-topic and I won't reply them. Simple as that. Be polite, please. Punctuality is the thief of time.

However, as I said, it's still a Work In Progress. If, IF I find something that suits the mod pack overall more than the Star Wars mod, then I will replace it with something else. But at the moment, it still has a lot of features and things that nothing else has.

EDIT :
https://youtu.be/q8O5XzHIDoM

KingKenny

Quote from: gabrieloup on Mar 11, 2016, 01:01:34 PM
I can do that if you wish without any problems. And as a matter of fact, I think your idea is better than mine. Alright, I'll distribute all the files for all mods with a completely unchanged .rar/.zip file, and the only thing I'll do is provide a comprehensive guide that can show people how to combine mods easily in multiple different ways. Do we have a deal then?

If you do it this way:

AJL mod.zip
Axp mod.zip
Projam mod.rar
SW_MOD.rar
MOD whatever.zip
Another mod.rar
AvP2 Redux Readme.rtf (your text file)

.....and my SW_MOD.rar is 100% unchanged and you don't claim any of these individual mods as your own creation, you're free to add it to your pack. Yes, that would be a deal. To me this would be like a "best of" mods pack and I'm 100% fine with that as it promotes more people playing all of these mods (individually or together).

Personally, I don't think my Star Wars mod runs well with any of the other mods in the pack because the Star Wars mod pulls away from the AvP2 universe in a thematic sense. All the other mods you stated are far more traditional AvP2 mods (I'm a fan of all of them by the way).

Many of the other mods have coding and gameplay changes that cause incompatibilities when run together. Whatever is last in the command line will overwrite any rez files stated before it. This will break a lot of the coding/gameplay in the attributes. This could lead to weapons not working or even broken character classes. I know you know this, but the users might not know. It might be a good idea to point it out for them.

Oh and for future record since it was stated earlier, when I do finally release SW_MOD_V2. I don't want that included in any packs like this. That will be a MASSIVE total conversion on everything but gameplay. It will remain standalone.

Olde

Quote from: gabrieloup on Mar 11, 2016, 01:01:34 PMI think you're the one who should chill out. Read the reply I've made for Kenny. All the mods will be re-distributed in their original .zip and .rar files, respectively. The thing I'll do is just as you said : make an "readme" instructions for combining files to make one cohesive experience. And it's not going to be "one way" either (like you said, suggesting that you can only play the mods in just one way), it's going to be something completely customizable to the player himself, and I'm going to make a TON of YouTube videos showcasing the different gameplay settings you can achieve by having different command lines. So there's no "definitive" way to play the mods together, you can play them in many different ways and achieve very distinct results, which is exactly what people want out of mods these days. Like, Option A, Option B, Option C, etc etc...
Fine. Sounds good.

Quote from: gabrieloup on Mar 11, 2016, 01:01:34 PMI'm not responding to your further replies if all you do is having extremely aggressive attacks for having Sith Cultists appear in PredTech vision. Boo hoo, that's such a big deal, huh. Do you want me to refilm all that so that the Sith Cultists DON'T appear in the video at all? I can do that if you want and dedicate the video to mister yourself.
You're right, I totally stepped over the line. I was "extremely aggressive" against you because of the sith cultists appearing (I wasn't even the one who pointed that out to you) and I demanded a video made for me to omit the marines changing because it was too distracting...

...Or how about you re-read what I wrote, then pull your head out of your ass and figure out what I was actually saying instead of trying to build me into a straw man so you can feel justified in thinking that what you're doing is actually legitimate.

Quote from: gabrieloup on Mar 11, 2016, 01:01:34 PMDON'T make any funny ideas of me for something that I'm not. The discussion for Sith Cultists and getting kicked out of ModDB is over. Want me to make it clear for you? I T ' S  O V E R !
Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Mar 11, 2016, 08:51:11 AM
Comeon fellas, let's not get heated here.
How come I'm always the one who gets called out for not keeping a cool head, hm?

Quote from: gabrieloup on Mar 11, 2016, 01:01:34 PMIf you attack me with these topics again...
I've been nothing but supportive and cordial to you. I gave you input into the name and ideas behind the mod and warned you about the dangers of a public/multiplayer release. I backed you up by telling you that mod makers can't do anything about it as long as you include their names in the readme and leave the content unchanged. Not to mention that I also uploaded the unfinished VIP mod to ModDB even though I didn't have to and did what you were too lazy to do by digging up that VIP mod thread to show you who probably had it...and all for what? You were too lazy to even write the guy.

So guess what? You want an attack? You got it. Your laziness, lack of originality, and ignorance of the dealings of modding are outmatched only by your vitriolic responses to constructive criticism and lack of appreciation for modders and their work. That it took several people, including the maker of one of the mods himself, to tell you that you need to put the mods together unchanged in a .zip format with readme instructions shows all of us just how little you know about what you're doing and how little you actually care about the authors themselves and their mods. Your video on that one mod alone looked like it was made by an angsty prepubescent spoiled brat; whoever that was, at least he actually did something and didn't just use other peoples' work and call it his own. And I truly could not care any less about the sith cultists; my point was never about that, and in fact I wasn't the first to mention that to you. I'm not even going to pull the "Who are you?" card that others have asked me, seeing as you're apparently just some randomer who's come from out of nowhere saying you're going to collect all this work done by other people and slap your own name on it. So yeah. What you're doing stinks to high Hell of laziness, lack of creativity, stupidity, shameless disrespect, and possibly even theft from the original mod makers. Because let's face it: collecting other people's work and calling it your own idea is theft and unoriginality of the highest order. And that's to say nothing of how the mod collection actually looks, which I find only slightly more appealing than the vanilla game (which isn't saying much), even if by some miracle you did manage to have 9 mods going at once and have it not be broken, which I and others highly doubt.

So do what Kenny told you to do. That's all I have left to say about it.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed