Aliens vs. Predator 2 Master Server Patch (1.5.3)

Started by x-M-x, Mar 10, 2011, 09:23:55 AM

Author
Aliens vs. Predator 2 Master Server Patch (1.5.3) (Read 29,645 times)

predxeno

Quote from: DragonBossk on May 13, 2011, 10:08:59 AM
For anyone getting the I/0 message when trying to update or even if it has updated and is still coming up, manually delete the autoupdating files in the AVP2 directory after installing latest the Master Server Patch off AVP Unknown.

You mean the _SierraUpdatePatch folder? ???

DragonBossk

Quote from: predxeno on May 17, 2011, 05:17:35 AM
Quote from: DragonBossk on May 13, 2011, 10:08:59 AM
For anyone getting the I/0 message when trying to update or even if it has updated and is still coming up, manually delete the autoupdating files in the AVP2 directory after installing latest the Master Server Patch off AVP Unknown.

You mean the _SierraUpdatePatch folder? ???

No it sould be a file entitled "AutoUpdate" in the root AVP2 directory, with the same picture as the .exe file.

frostedone

Quote from: Vinicius on May 07, 2011, 01:56:12 PM
Hello everyone, I'm new to this forum and have a little problem with AvP2.
I have the same problem like Moss. When I trie to download the update there comes an error message. But when i cancel it I can't play in multiplayer anymore. The update message says that I'm limited to Lan games when i cancel the option.
What can I do?

Try to move the following files into a separate folder (don't erase them, just in case): AutoUpdate.exe and currentVersion.update. They are located in the C:\Program Files (x86)\Fox\Aliens vs. Predator 2 folder. Just move those two files to backup folder you make and now AVP2 won't check for new updates.

Darklarik

Hello,
i got 2 issues that i need help with:

1. sometimes i try to join certain games but cannot because it says that the game resources vary from the ones i have.

2. also, sometimes i just dont see players online, is it that people dont play this anymore? are you guys active players?

Sgt. Apone

You can't download it from GameFront. It says the file is not found.

x-M-x

Quote from: Sgt. Apone on Feb 20, 2012, 03:36:50 AM
You can't download it from GameFront. It says the file is not found.

The 1.5.3 ? hmm i'll look into that,

Any download problems just grab 1.5.3 of AvP unknown

echo_out

Hi there

First of all I want to thank you and congratulate you on keeping this game alive. I haven't played in around five years now and it's nice to see a group of people still playing.

I've been looking to host a server for a few old clan mates to game in and when hitting random Google searches I came across this forum. I found that you have the patch needed to host/play online and thought "great stuff" until I tried to download it. Unfortunately as soon as I hit the download patch my anti virus notified me of a virus threat within the file... the win32/heur virus.

Can you help clarify whether this is is either a false positive or unfortunately an infected file on the server?

Cheers,

x-M-x

Quote from: echo_out on Apr 19, 2012, 11:47:06 PM
Hi there

First of all I want to thank you and congratulate you on keeping this game alive. I haven't played in around five years now and it's nice to see a group of people still playing.

I've been looking to host a server for a few old clan mates to game in and when hitting random Google searches I came across this forum. I found that you have the patch needed to host/play online and thought "great stuff" until I tried to download it. Unfortunately as soon as I hit the download patch my anti virus notified me of a virus threat within the file... the win32/heur virus.

Can you help clarify whether this is is either a false positive or unfortunately an infected file on the server?

Cheers,

All files on my site is clean,

that's a false reading.

relax and chill out  :P

JoseChung

I know I'm a bit late to the party, but thanks for the update!

ozirishboy

Quote from: KingKenny on Mar 13, 2011, 03:16:28 PM
Quote from: Stalker on Mar 13, 2011, 01:18:12 AM
So do we still need the Saviour mod to play this? I could never get that to work.

As Brother said, this is the savior mod. If it doesn't work for you, it's probably your firewall preventing something from internet access. Be sure to always allow AVP2.exe, lithtech.exe, and gslist.exe full access.

ahh ok that may be my problem. excuse my ignorance but how do i get past the firewall?

Skold

Hello guys,  i am new one here,  so welcome everyone.

I have problem with game patched to 1.5.3

Today i installed fresh copy of avp2,  later instaled all official patches from 092-096,  sp patch,  and mp patch.
Later i downloaded latest Master Server Patch (1.5.3),  started the game,  but when i click on Multiplayer Games,  the game crashes everytime with "MFC Application need to be closed".

I tried 10 times,  and 10 times its appear over and over again.

My firewall is blocked.

Plis help me find a solution.

piff

Quote from: Skold on Jan 10, 2013, 04:47:44 AM
Hello guys,  i am new one here,  so welcome everyone.

I have problem with game patched to 1.5.3

Today i installed fresh copy of avp2,  later instaled all official patches from 092-096,  sp patch,  and mp patch.
Later i downloaded latest Master Server Patch (1.5.3),  started the game,  but when i click on Multiplayer Games,  the game crashes everytime with "MFC Application need to be closed".

I tried 10 times,  and 10 times its appear over and over again.

My firewall is blocked.

Plis help me find a solution.

disconnect all your uSB devices except your keyboard and mouse.

my logic usb dongle would crash avp2 if it was plugged in

PRJ_since1990

PRJ_since1990

Thanks so much. I didn't know it got updated!

So I've downloaded the latest patch for the savior mod. Here's the issue. I try to join a few servers with players on them and I get the message " Game Resources differ..." and get kicked out to the main menu. Frustrating... it'd be great to have some help here. I'm not currently running anything (I have the original game w/disc but also have a cracked no disc patch and ultimate map pack 2) special in the command line. Advise? Should I just delete the update?

Corporal Hicks

You got the official updates too?

PRJ_since1990

Yes I do. Basically, the only thing that I changed was that I downloaded this recent patch for the Master Server. Before I did that, I could join games just fine. I believe this might be the issue. Hicks, do you have any insight on this? Do some of the servers not recognize the new patch?

Any help here would be fantastic.  :)

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed