Aliens vs. Predator 2 Master Server Patch (1.5.3)

Started by x-M-x, Mar 10, 2011, 09:23:55 AM

Author
Aliens vs. Predator 2 Master Server Patch (1.5.3) (Read 29,646 times)

Corporal Hicks

Do you have the official AvP2 map pack?

cloverfan98

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Mar 13, 2011, 10:32:04 PM
Do you have the official AvP2 map pack?

Where can I get that?

Corporal Hicks

WinterActual

I have a question about this patch. I dont know if it cause the problem, if I can call it a problem lol So anyway, I am running AvP 2 1.0.9.6 and latest server patch 1.5.3 but every time I go to play MP it says "theres new update available do you want to download it ?". I press no and start to play but its annoying. If I press Yes it quit the game and start the auto update program but then some error popup I/O something. I dont know about any new patch. Is there new patch ? Its not a big deal for me, I just press cancel so I can play freely but I was wondering.

x-M-x

Quote from: Moss on Apr 07, 2011, 11:07:32 AM
I have a question about this patch. I dont know if it cause the problem, if I can call it a problem lol So anyway, I am running AvP 2 1.0.9.6 and latest server patch 1.5.3 but every time I go to play MP it says "theres new update available do you want to download it ?". I press no and start to play but its annoying. If I press Yes it quit the game and start the auto update program but then some error popup I/O something. I dont know about any new patch. Is there new patch ? Its not a big deal for me, I just press cancel so I can play freely but I was wondering.

Thats a bug... it will happen or it wont i asusme your on windows 7?

anyway just a luck of the draw lol.

Plokoon111

Downloaded map pack 1, but I'm trying to play survivor and it is the normal generic maps like Quarentine and I tried to go on and it said I am missing resources.

WinterActual

Quote from: x-M-x on Apr 09, 2011, 06:33:44 PM
i asusme your on windows 7?
Yep, Win 7 here. But well if its just a bug, I am ok with that.

MarcusVerus

Hello everyone, I'm new to this forum and have a little problem with AvP2.
I have the same problem like Moss. When I trie to download the update there comes an error message. But when i cancel it I can't play in multiplayer anymore. The update message says that I'm limited to Lan games when i cancel the option.
What can I do?

x-M-x

its a bug, windows 7 user?

just cancel it and walla you should be able to play, the reason why it asks for an update is beyond me because this happens on windows 7... but other operating systems i haven't seen it yet.

1.5.3 is fine, if your smart you should figure it out and how to play lol.  :D

MarcusVerus

Quote from: x-M-x on May 07, 2011, 08:40:19 PM
its a bug, windows 7 user?

just cancel it and walla you should be able to play, the reason why it asks for an update is beyond me because this happens on windows 7... but other operating systems i haven't seen it yet.

1.5.3 is fine, if your smart you should figure it out and how to play lol.  :D

No, I use Windows XP.
And the problem is that when I cancel it I am not able to play. In the message it says that the update is required for playing multiplayer. Until I have downloaded the update I am limited to Lan games.
I don't know what to do.

x-M-x

its a bug,  and 1.5.3 is 1.5.2 same thing just new maps.

you should not have this problem,

heres a trick set your firewall to BLOCK internet access load up AvP2 choose online WAIT till the screen msg pops up then disappears  then back to desktop and unblock then back to avp2 and walla

understand? TRY IT.

MarcusVerus

MarcusVerus

Quote from: x-M-x on May 08, 2011, 01:14:04 AM

heres a trick set your firewall to BLOCK internet access load up AvP2 choose online WAIT till the screen msg pops up then disappears  then back to desktop and unblock then back to avp2 and walla

understand? TRY IT.

I tried it but it didn't work. The message is still there and I'm still not able to play in multiplayer.

Ok now it works. I just downloaded the Master Server Patch 1.5.3 on AvP Unknown but thanks for your help xMandalorex.

DragonBossk

For anyone getting the I/0 message when trying to update or even if it has updated and is still coming up, manually delete the autoupdating files in the AVP2 directory after installing latest the Master Server Patch off AVP Unknown.

x-M-x

Quote from: Vinicius on May 08, 2011, 07:21:12 AM
Quote from: x-M-x on May 08, 2011, 01:14:04 AM

understand? TRY IT.

I tried it but it didn't work. The message is still there and I'm still not able to play in multiplayer.

Ok now it works. I just downloaded the Master Server Patch 1.5.3 on AvP Unknown but thanks for your help xMandalorex.

No Problem,

Check out my AVP2 Server WWW.AVPUNKNOWN.COM - TDM, its one of the fastest  8)

Quote from: DragonBossk on May 13, 2011, 10:08:59 AM
For anyone getting the I/0 message when trying to update or even if it has updated and is still coming up, manually delete the autoupdating files in the AVP2 directory after installing latest the Master Server Patch off AVP Unknown.

Yea, deleting that file does HELP  ;)

DragonBossk

I so wanna just get out of work and play right now.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed