My first AvP2 (Help isn't need so much ;))

Started by keylight-di, Jan 05, 2010, 10:26:22 AM

Author
My first AvP2 (Help isn't need so much ;)) (Read 6,487 times)

keylight-di

keylight-di

Quote from: chupacabras acheronsis on Jan 05, 2010, 11:01:02 PM
the speargun has no limits exept that it runs out of ammo. you should count your shots and check the bodies to recover spears to recover an object, just walk on top of it or try touching it in some way. also, when you aim to the body's head using the "use" key(E) will pick up both the skull and the spear. you can also recover ammo and equipment lying around, but dont waste time looking for them.

(mind that these actions can only be used when you're at a certain(close) range from your kill.

@Chupi! Thanks a lot!  ;D
The problem is that I used speargun as weapon in long distance. So my trophies are somewhere, behind the trees, I started to look for them and I lost myself... ;D
BTW I guess that speargun without ammo is not very useful... ;)

I still note all guides from all of you, I have to learn so much...
But it's great fun, I  didn't suppose it will be so great.

chupacabras acheronsis

If you dont want to look for heads, aim to the center of the body(chest) and the marine will fall on his feet. then you can collect the skull by removing the head from the body with your wristblades(secondary fire).

most of the gameplay is basicaly a normal FPS. practicissing with a simplier one could help you to get used to the interface.

here, have a guide i found on google.
http://www.brighthub.com/video-games/pc/articles/840.aspx

Brother

Brother

Use your wrist blades and combi stick (if you got it), save the spear gun for later. It is effective but runs outa ammo fast.

The Ghoul

The Ghoul

congrats on ur first game! if u need help because ur stuck or somthing just ask me. Also if ur playing as the aliens, think out of the box. U have to move at all angles playing as them. Now pred, that's a fun one. cloaking is really not that helpful against computers because they can always find u but it does help a little. i like to use the spear and plasma caster as the top two weapons. also check the area with ur electro vision mode, those aliens show up in the damness of places. :D

chupacabras acheronsis

damnit, you tempted me into playing again. :P

Brother

Brother

Cloaking doesn't make difference against aliens or synthetics but it makes a huge difference vs. humans, especially in the easier difficulties like the one Key is playing.

The Ghoul

The Ghoul

Quote from: Brother on Jan 06, 2010, 12:12:37 AM
Cloaking doesn't make difference against aliens or synthetics but it makes a huge difference vs. humans, especially in the easier difficulties like the one Key is playing.
really because when i play even when i hold still they still blast me

Xhan

Xhan

Because they already heard you make noise.

keylight-di

keylight-di

Oh guys, thanks for response! :D

At the beginning I've got only speargun and wristblades.
Now I've got basically only wristblades. My speargun is out of ammo.  ;)
My trophies are lost and ammunition almost exhausted. The only thing I have to do it's hand-to-hand combat.
I don't have combi stick yet. It probably gets later. This time I probably didn't deserve... Not enough time... ;)

I don't want to play as the Alien now, because it seems to me the hardest. At the beginning I have to accustom myself to that reality. It's hard experience for me. I know that for you it's difficult to imagine yourself at all, but for me everything is extremely strange. Yea,  "extremely" it's good word. ;D
I have no doubt that once again I can't survive, but this time I survived enough to be proud of myself. Although a bit. ;)
And it's all your merit.
I don't even imagine that you will take in my fate so much. Thanks! It's a wonderful feeling to have such support.  :D
Especially when I'm lost in a strange forest, without ammunition, and everything around is blue. ;D

Puks

Puks

Keylight, if you decapitated some humans with the speargun, those heads are bound to be there somewhere. Bodies disappear after a short time, but those heads are there forever waiting for you. Just look for glowing heads pinned to walls using your thermal vision. If you happen to find one, press "USE" key (forgot what's the default, never use defaults myself) when you see a green "box" around them. Voila! Trophy and one spear ammo is yours.

The predator campaign can get confusing sometimes, especially for a beginner with all the tree hopping. Now that you're a bit smarter and experienced I'd suggest you restart playing.. since you still don't have the combistick, I assume you haven't gotten too far yet (approximately 1/3 of "Hunt"). Save your ammo. Don't ever waste it on civilians. Headshot marines when cloaked from treetops, then collect their heads. You will get the combistick and the disk in "Hunt" which will add to the fun. There is a small pack of aliens and a praetorian at the end of the first level. Use electro vision, your weapon of choice against aliens are the combistick and disk for now. Later in the campaign, ALWAYS use plasmacaster against them. It's fast, auto-aiming and powerful. Newb friendly.  ;)

If you get lost - by all means - you aren't actually lost. I know it can be hard for a beginner, but the game is really very linear. Just take your time, switch to normal vision, jump on a tree and look for an exit. There is always some cave/passage where you need to go.

Enjoy. I kinda envy you. Would love to play AvP2 for the first time.

And I highly recommend playing AvP Gold.. it's even better.  :)

One more thing - I actually wrote this huge post after a night of mindless one-sentence post hunting. Congratulations. Few people would made me to this.  :D

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

You should play with the marine first since he's most typical of FPS games. 

If you die continually there are cheats that can be used to ease your burden.  The same for being stuck.

On later playthroughs I use the <cheat>mpcanthurtme so I can roam about freely and not die trying to look for hidden eastereggs and plot devices.

Strangely enough, I find something new just about every playthrough.  Whether its a random ammunition pack in the middle of nowhere, or a readable message (which are everywhere).  Personally I find the backstory more interesting than the main plot.

The Ghoul

The Ghoul

i'm the best when it comes to alien and marine camps. Plus i'm deadly as a bug, can think like them, i come in a at all angles but anyways if u need help on any of them i'll for surely but of great use there. Only beaten the pred camp once.

keylight-di

keylight-di

@Puks!  ;D
I used speargun as weapon in long distance. So my trophies are somewhere, behind the trees, I started to look for them and I lost myself... I can't find trophies, I can't find myself...  ;D
Yea, Trees are very... difficult. Especialy when I have jump from the lower level to a higher (or equal) ... It does not go well. ;D
1/3 ?? I became so far? Great! But I think this same, I should start again, it makes non sens, walking through blue forest looking for trophies which I lost. ;)

@Kimarhi!
I start to learn Hunt, so I don't wanna mix myself. I'm confunded enough...  ;D
I'm so lack of experience, I guess you can't imagine this. I think, I should finish what I start, then I could learn something new.
(God, there are only new things... ;D)

@Dude!
I wanna be Pred,  can't resist myself... ;D

Thanks. I've got so many new tips, so I have to see it now in practice.

Fun is excelent. :D

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

Try the marine campaign next, its the most scary.

Brother

Brother

You will never play the campaign for the first time ever again, but you will eventually play it again and again. Thats why I suggest you only use the tips and nothing else. It IS supposed to be confusing and kinda hard the first time, scary (not talking about sex here)

You will have more fun if you did in all on your own.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed