My first AvP2 (Help isn't need so much ;))

Started by keylight-di, Jan 05, 2010, 10:26:22 AM

Author
My first AvP2 (Help isn't need so much ;)) (Read 6,488 times)

keylight-di

keylight-di

Guys, hello in this part of site, I never was before (OK., I read sometimes... ;))

A few weeks ago I promised a few people here that I buy this game.
Well it is.
If anyone remembers me - or not - I am absolutely ignorant, this is my first game in my life (yes, there are such people  ;D).
Therefore I ask for help. And moral and psychological support.  ;D
What I did so far:
# Installed the game (it works);
# Enrolled importance of keys (do I have to know it by heart?)
# I also had "walkthrough", but it doesn't fit to the game which I have... (first surprise  ;D).
What next? There is no instruction included... Just follow the action? It's too fast for me, much too fast...
Is there anyone here with great patience, who will guide me in the beginning? I feel very lost. Or simply comfort me ... I have to give advice.  ;D
I think that I'm bigger challenge than any opponent in this game.
Please use simple words ...
Chupi, Brother, Alex, Domino ... Help needed... ;D
(I'm interested only in Predator path, for the beginning).

Brother

Brother

You know those annoying blue training messages? Read them, they're helpful for beginners.

Check out in your options - the keyboard keys, to find out your abilities and how to use them.

The most important ones for preds are

default G - medicomp
default T - cloaking device, recharge
default V - vision modes

The singleplayer campaigns are fun, I prefer the Human and Alien campaign over the pred, and I wouldn't say more so you can find out for yourself.

Explore everything. Head shots are more effective. Combi stick is awesome. Watch your six.

keylight-di

keylight-di

Thanks! ;D
I check out in my options - so I learn keyboard keys meaning. It isn't easy for beginner...
First question - how do I know what to do. I stand among the rocks, under some bush in front of me is the gap and thorny tree. How do I know what I have to do (that task) and where to go? I have no "walkthrough". This is the basic cause of my confusion. No instructions. Is there some kind of screenplay, some tasks to execute?
Second question - is there an option to quickly stop the game (for a minute, to wonder what to do)? I need much time to think...
Thirdly - how do I know what kinds of weapons are available to me at this moment? Because probably not all at once ...?
You know, I died twice and it's not funny. ;)
Maybe a little...  ;D But I prefer another experiences... ;D

Brother

Brother

You have to have a good sense of direction, to know where you were coming from so you don't go back or run in circles.

You can do a quick save by pressing F6 in game. Because you are  a beginner I suggest you quick save your game often so you don't have to go back after you die. Just press F9 and the game will load at the point where you last saved it.

You can see your weapons (pred) when you press Q and select which one you want to use, or select them by pressing the number keys.

Space key is the jump, holding Shift key + Space = long jump.

Like I said it's best to figure out the campaign and everything by yourself but if you must you can search the u-toob for gameplay videos of AvP2. And I believe Xenomoprh has made a couple of them and they're posted on these forums.

Edite: found them, I need to read that shit sometimes lolz

http://www.avpgalaxy.net/forum/index.php?topic=25004.0
http://www.avpgalaxy.net/forum/index.php?topic=25004.msg520591#msg520591

MadassAlex

MadassAlex

Brother pointed out all the necessary things. Xenomrph's videos are really good if you're stuck, especially since the Predator campaign can be difficult for new players.

A few hints:

- If you get a headshot with the speargun, your enemy's head gets stuck to the wall. You can take the head as a trophy and get your ammo back. The speargun doesn't interrupt cloaking, either, making it the weapon of choice against humans.

- The plasma caster (when you get it) interrupts your cloaking, making it less effective against humans. Against Aliens, however, it's a one-hit kill, even without charging it up.

- When you meet Praetorians, use armour-piercing weapons. The melee spear and disc are excellent choices. Don't be afraid of getting in close with the spear, because if you walk backwards while attacking it, you'll avoid most of its attacks and still deal damage to it.

- Sentry guns can see you even while you're cloaked. So can synthetics. Try to stay out of sight until you have a good position from which to strike.

- Don't get into melee with Aliens. You can win, but you'll lose lots of health, and because they tend to come in numbers, you'll be overwhelmed quickly. The plasma caster is really the best choice.

If this is your first game, it's probably worth spending some time just moving around in a clear area, so you can get used to using the keyboard and mouse in tandem.

Brother

Brother

IS making me hungry for SP again.

Mr. Domino

Mr. Domino

Quote from: keylight-di on Jan 05, 2010, 10:26:22 AM
# Installed the game (it works);

Great!

No, you don't have to know it by heart, although if you play enough, you will. Its just a matter of repetition.
# I also had "walkthrough", but it doesn't fit to the game which I have... (first surprise  ;D).

Try this link: Predator Walkthrough

Quote from: keylight-di on Jan 05, 2010, 11:31:27 AM
First question - how do I know what to do. I stand among the rocks, under some bush in front of me is the gap and thorny tree. How do I know what I have to do (that task) and where to go? I have no "walkthrough". This is the basic cause of my confusion. No instructions. Is there some kind of screenplay, some tasks to execute?

You should always be able to press the 'tab' key on your keyboard to bring up a list of tasks that your current hunt requires you to perform.

Second question - is there an option to quickly stop the game (for a minute, to wonder what to do)? I need much time to think...

You can press 'esc' at any time to bring up the options screen for a quick breather, or like Brother said, you can quicksave often and just quickload whichever your most recent one was.

Thirdly - how do I know what kinds of weapons are available to me at this moment? Because probably not all at once ...?

No, at least not at the beginning you won't have everything. At the beginning you should have -

1. Wristblades. The quick access to these is the '1' key by default.
2. Speargun - The quick access to this is the '4' key by default. Left click to fire a single spear-dart, or right-click to shoot a succession of three.
3. Mask - Very, very integral to Predator gameplay. Cycle through vision modes with the 'V' key by default. The first one is standard vision, then thermal vision (for hunting humans), Alien vision (for hunting aliens), and Pred vision (for hunting other Predators (?) or locating lost Predator technology (like a smartdisc...))

MadassAlex

MadassAlex

You begin with the spear, too, unless I'm mistaken.

keylight-di

keylight-di

@Brother!  ;D
Your help is priceless. Thank you very much!
And Xenomrph is genius.
Now I need some days to analysing all these information and videos (I hope that a few days it's enough). These are the tools which I needed so much.

@Alex! ;D
Quote from: MadassAlex on Jan 05, 2010, 02:27:26 PM
You can take the head as a trophy and get your ammo back. The speargun doesn't interrupt cloaking, either, making it the weapon of choice against humans.

1# how take the head as a trophy, is there some key or something? And why I need it?

- Don't get into melee with Aliens. You can win, but you'll lose lots of health, and because they tend to come in numbers, you'll be overwhelmed quickly. The plasma caster is really the best choice.

2# so if I meet Aliens I should only shot? Yea...

If this is your first game, it's probably worth spending some time just moving around in a clear area, so you can get used to using the keyboard and mouse in tandem.
3# Can I walk around (to learn all those steps) and did not come into contact with anyone? This could be useful for as ignoramus such as myself. ;)

@Domino! ;D
Quote from: Mr. Domino on Jan 05, 2010, 02:36:36 PM
No, you don't have to know it by heart, although if you play enough, you will. Its just a matter of repetition.
1 # I already begin to associate the keys. I'm surprised  myself ... ;D

1# I also had "walkthrough", but it doesn't fit to the game which I have... (first surprise  ;D).

Try this link: Predator Walkthrough
2# I must check if it is, I already have one (from this site) and it does not fit ... I don't know why... :-\

You should always be able to press the 'tab' key on your keyboard to bring up a list of tasks that your current hunt requires you to perform.
3 # list of tasks! I was sure that there must be something like this! ;D

Guys!
I knew that I could count on you. My gratitude is enormous.
Now I have to try it out in practice ... I'm armed with such knowledge so I can go on my first campaign. ;D
So far I have not had the need to save the game. It ended too quickly ... ;)
You all give me hope to survive...
I am sure that this is not the end of my questions, but for the next I need a little time and experience.
Thanks again. ;D

Quote from: MadassAlex on Jan 05, 2010, 03:00:52 PM
You begin with the spear, too, unless I'm mistaken.
EDIT:
So I thought ..

Brother

Brother

Shoot the head off is how you get it as a trophy, which is also how you get ammo for the spear gun. You start off with wrist blades and a spear gun. The combi stick is handed by you from an "assault" pred later in the first mission.

Use plasma  caster on aliens, combi stick on praetorians and queens.

I wouldn't watch the videos if I were you, I don't like to spoil my experience.

keylight-di

keylight-di

Quote from: Brother on Jan 05, 2010, 04:39:44 PM

I wouldn't watch the videos if I were you, I don't like to spoil my experience.

Too late... I did it...  ;D
But it can't spoil me, don't worry...
I have none experience, I'm empty more than vacuum, I'm probably the first so inexperienced person here... For me it's true Terra Incognita. Some spoilers are advisable. They help me survive a little longer... ;D
Thanks again!  Lucky me having so great support here...

So let's play... ;)

keylight-di

keylight-di

Next part of stupid questions...  ;)
1#  I noted  some progress - I hunted some preys, but... ekh... I lost my trophies... And - the worst - I lost myself... Is there some kind of map or something? What should I do when I'm lost??  ;D  No humans, no directions, only rocks, trees, wind and me... lol
2# How many times can I use my  speargun? I guess, there are some limits?
3# But I'm still alive!! 

Thanks for patience, guys... As you can see, I'm lost without you... I know, I know... I am a hopeless case...

(*sitting under big tree, with my speargun* ;))

Brother

Brother

Collecting heads/sculls gives you speargun ammo. You can see it in the lower-left corner of the screen.

Just remember where you came from and after combat continue the way you were going. Climb the trees to get a better look.

keylight-di

keylight-di

Quote from: Brother on Jan 05, 2010, 10:35:17 PM
Collecting heads/sculls gives you speargun ammo. You can see it in the lower-left corner of the screen.
Now I can see. I've got three...
The problem is  - I lost them. Trophies and ammo. I know that I should recover it, but...  I can't find it... So I guess that I never recover my speargun ammo... It's big loss, I think... :-\

Quote from: Brother on Jan 05, 2010, 10:35:17 PM
Just remember where you came from and after combat continue the way you were going. Climb the trees to get a better look.
Oh yes! Trees! Why didn't I think about trees... So can I climb the tree...? Leaping in or another way?

Thanks again... :D

chupacabras acheronsis

chupacabras acheronsis

Quote from: keylight-di on Jan 05, 2010, 10:09:35 PM
Next part of stupid questions...  ;)
1#  I noted  some progress - I hunted some preys, but... ekh... I lost my trophies... And - the worst - I lost myself... Is there some kind of map or something? What should I do when I'm lost??  ;D  No humans, no directions, only rocks, trees, wind and me... lol
2# How many times can I use my  speargun? I guess, there are some limits?
3# But I'm still alive!! 

Thanks for patience, guys... As you can see, I'm lost without you... I know, I know... I am a hopeless case...

(*sitting under big tree, with my speargun* ;))

the game is pretty linear, you just have to look around, and if theres nowhere to go, try junping up the trees and see if you can find an exit. SPACE will give you a small jump. to leap on top of trees, use the SHIFT + SPACE keys. this will charge a larger jump. use the direction keys to manouver yourself on flight to land on the tree branch.

the speargun has no limits exept that it runs out of ammo. you should count your shots and check the bodies to recover spears to recover an object, just walk on top of it or try touching it in some way. also, when you aim to the body's head using the "use" key(E) will pick up both the skull and the spear. you can also recover ammo and equipment lying around, but dont waste time looking for them.

(mind that these actions can only be used when you're at a certain(close) range from your kill.

when facing humans i rcomend you try flanking them by using the trees and taking advantage of your cloak, after all, the movies are your best guide. ;D

agains aliens, you should run backwards and sideways. the aliens are fast, and their pounce atttack will stunt you, leaving you without movement and at their mercy. this has a bright side; the pounce attack takes time to charge and will send the alien flying towards you, and if you can dodge it, buy some precious distance between him and you.

now, in the time it takes him to turn around, charge his attack again and strike, you should have blasted it to hell already >:D

now, if you want a nice, empty space to practice moving around, i suggest you to kill everyone around first >:D(doesnt work with aliens though, they have spawn poins and woont stop coming. ever).

Good luck!

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed