Started by (Bad Blood), Sep 29, 2023, 05:09:29 AM

AVP Requiem VS The Predator

Alien Vs Predator Requiem
31 (70.5%)
The Predator 2018
13 (29.5%)

Total Members Voted: 44

Author
AVP Requiem VS The Predator (Read 10,045 times)

The Shuriken

I genuinely enjoyed AVPR WAY more than The Predator. Better creatures and gore, a main Predator who wasn't shat on by a stupid concept. AVPR is just a dumb movie with monsters killing everyone and gore. I like that. The Predator is some moronic misguided attempt to try and inject "new blood" into the franchise. No. f**k The Predator and Shane Black. It will always be AVPR for me.

happypred

happypred

To be fair some of Requiem was probably intentional comedy

the two stoners...definitely
the government doesnt lie to people...most likely
I taught this little sl*t everything she knows...probably

It was B-movie silliness but it didnt try to convert the Predator franchise into slapstick farce with Predator bulldogs and a ten foot Predator blaring out English through loudspeakers...along with the idiocy already mentioned in this thread

James Sawyer

AvP Requiem is the best... I can't stand the bad, forced jokes they tried to put in The Predator. And the comedic predator... hell no please.

SM

SM

'I taught this little slut everything she knows' is intentionally funny if you're intentionally a piece a shit.

Though it's the Strauses so you might be onto something.

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

They are both terrible. 

But not as terrible as Prometheus. 

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: Kimarhi on Jan 09, 2024, 06:07:01 PMThey are both terrible.

Yes.

Quote from: Kimarhi on Jan 09, 2024, 06:07:01 PMBut not as terrible as Prometheus. 

No.

Local Trouble

What's wrong with Prometheus?

kwisatz

kwisatz

Quote from: Local Trouble on Jan 09, 2024, 07:09:48 PMWhat's wrong with Prometheus?

Ralfy wasn't scared?

Immortan Jonesy

Quote from: Local Trouble on Jan 09, 2024, 07:09:48 PMWhat's wrong with Prometheus?

The problem with Prometheus is that such installment allows you to actually see the kind of flick it is; as clear as crystal. AVPR on the other hand is far more mysterious and dark about it.

Nightmare Asylum

Prometheus is an utter mess in pretty much every facet of its being. 

It's also a hell of a lot better than The Predator and AVPR.

Acid_Reign161

Acid_Reign161

I mean, I wish both of them never existed at all, they are truly abysmal.

That being said, of the two, AvP: Requiem wins by a long shot for me.

1. AvPR has Aliens in it (albeit awful designs).

2. AvPR has Practical effects (when you can see them)

3. The predalien reproduction - I quite enjoyed the addition of egg barfing.

3. The hive set looked cool in AvPR (from the little we saw of it)

4. The Predator was like watching an episode of Power Rangers, from the suits to the spacecraft interior looking like a zord.. it was truly awful.

5. pet pred-dog... really?

6. The Predator ending with the suit is just unforgivable

7. I've rewatched AvPR for its campy b-movie value at least 4 times. I'd never rewatch the predator.

Immortan Jonesy

So this was the Megazord of the rangers?

Acid_Reign161

Acid_Reign161

Quote from: Immortan Jonesy on Jan 10, 2024, 01:29:25 AMSo this was the Megazord of the rangers?

https://i.ibb.co/CWsFLvt/Predkiller.jpg

*swings arms in the air like I'm doing morning stretches* "I cahl the powaa of the ultra PredaZord!" *clenches fist with a nod*

-PredaZord sequence has been initiated!-*eyes glow*

[Enter badly dubbed David] "Ahhgh! Curse you PredaRangers! Magic flute, make my regurgitated hugger GROW!!" *throws flute with detached fingering hand down to Earth*

The Cruentus

Really not sure which one is worse. At least one of them allows you to not see anything  :laugh:

Stupidity and incompetence aside, I think wolf was the better Predator.  At least his character was consistent.

I think due to rewrites, the actual motives that fugitive had was changed. Gives suit to protect humans, but spends parts of the movie trying to kill people.

I can't remember too much as I have only watched it twice or three times.

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

The only time I rewatch any of the Predator is to rewatch the Pred escape scene. 

Requiem is b movie schlock, but there are a few scenes that I think are decent.  Natty G getting feasted on, and then the hospital sequence before they get to the rooftop. 

I think both AvPs messed up because they used the Dark Horse route of having the species already familiar with each other.  AvP on earth could've worked with a Pred stalking a lone Drone in modern times and neither alien had any experience with the other. 

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed