Last Movie You Watched

Started by Terx2, Dec 05, 2012, 05:12:31 AM

Author
Last Movie You Watched (Read 835,719 times)

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

I'd take Quantum over Spectre, but not Skyfall. That's top five Bond material for me.

Huggs

Huggs

The Void

The Usual Suspects

"In English please".

"Excuse me?"

"In English!!!"

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: KiramidHead on Mar 06, 2020, 08:38:24 PM
I'd take Quantum over Spectre, but not Skyfall. That's top five Bond material for me.

I don't know. I found Skyfall so stupid at so many points it began hurting my brain. 

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Four Rooms

Meh. First story was terrible, second less terrible, third decent enough, fourth middle of the road.

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Mar 06, 2020, 11:34:10 PM
Quote from: KiramidHead on Mar 06, 2020, 08:38:24 PM

I don't know. I found Skyfall so stupid at so many points it began hurting my brain. 

And Quantum is so horribly shot and edited that the physical act of watching it hurts my brain at times.

Huggs

Huggs

Quantum just seemed like a movie that couldn't figure itself out. It had all the right parts, but didn't know how to fit them together.

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Huggs on Mar 07, 2020, 12:09:25 AM
Quantum just seemed like a movie that couldn't figure itself out. It had all the right parts, but didn't know how to fit them together.

That all went down during the writer's strike if you remember. I'm sure that didn't help.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Yeah, they were supposedly working off of an outline and filling it out as they went. It's interesting that all of the character stuff with Bond and Camille is excellent, it's the bigger plot that's weak.

Whiskeybrewer

Whiskeybrewer

Tremors
Funny and shocking in equal measure. And i only found out yesterday that Nester isnt Melvin's dad lmao

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: KiramidHead on Mar 07, 2020, 12:02:11 AMAnd Quantum is so horribly shot and edited that the physical act of watching it hurts my brain at times.

This.

Forgetting for a moment that Skyfall has a better plot, better characters (especially the villain), more memorable set pieces and a better theme song, the fact is - unlike Quantum - I can actually see what the hell is going on in the action scenes.

Huggs

Huggs

Skyfall is indeed one of those movies that actually deserves all the praise it gets.

Jeepers Creepers 3

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Island of Lost Souls

Excellent pre-Code horror film, with some great scenes.

Lost Soul: The Doomed Journey of Richard Stanley's The Island of Doctor Moreau

One of the best documentaries of its kind. Shame that these "what could have been" docs seem to have dried up recently.

Sherlock Holmes and the Secret Weapon

A better example of the Holmes vs Nazis thing than the last movie was. And having Lionel Atwill as Moriarty is a great addition.

Sherlock Holmes in Washington

Very mediocre. It's cool seeing George Zucco (playing Nazi spy Richard Stanley - yes, really) reunited with Kharis' sarcophagus, though.

426Buddy

426Buddy

I recently re-watched theThe Thing (2011) and the The Thing (1982) back to back. It's kinda funny that after watching the prequel for the first time since release I didn't think is was nearly as bad as I remembered. Dodgy cgi and missed potential for sure but it had a couple unsettling moments and was sorta enjoyable.

I watch Carpenters film semi regularily and it remains one of my all time favorites. But watching it after the prequel really made me appreciate even more how fantastic it is. At the same time it also made me realise how terrible the prequel is :laugh:

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Dust Devil - Final Cut

Visually stunning and atmospheric. And it shows what a great actor Robert Burke can be when he's not miscast as Robocop.

Sherlock Holmes Faces Death

The Nazis are gone, as is the horrible haircut Holmes was stuck with in those three movies. It peters out a bit at the end, but is otherwise a pretty strong mystery story.

The Spider Woman

This one is decent enough and has a good bad guy, but overall isn't as strong as it could be. And it's not helped at all by Holmes wandering around in brownface for a good chunk of the run time.

The Scarlet Claw

One of the best so far, with a well constructed mystery and killer atmosphere. Shifting the setting to Canada for one movie was an interesting move as well.

The Pearl of Death

It suffers slightly from the plot only happening because Holmes is kind of a moron, but otherwise, this is another good one. And The Creeper is pretty cool as far as evil henchmen go.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Cop Land

I completely forgot that this is the movie where Robert De Nitro yells, "You BLEW IT!" :laugh:

Joking aside, fantastic film. Think I'll try and track down the director's cut.

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Mar 09, 2020, 05:59:05 PM
Cop Land

I completely forgot that this is the movie where Robert De Nitro yells, "You BLEW IT!" :laugh:

Joking aside, fantastic film. Think I'll try and track down the director's cut.

My favorite Stallone film!

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed