Aliens: Resistance (Defiance sequel)

Started by Nightmare Asylum, Sep 28, 2018, 06:24:14 PM

Author
Aliens: Resistance (Defiance sequel) (Read 77,953 times)

Whiskeybrewer

Quote from: The Old One on Nov 07, 2018, 12:01:14 PM
When I look the cosmos in the eye, it blinks.

8)

SM

SM

QuoteOr look at the Isolation Alien on Google Images.

Strangely enough, I did before posing the question.  I found the results inconclusive.

The Old One

The Old One

Both:

The Old One

The Old One

Environmental coincidence?  ;)

Still Collating...

That didn't even cross my mind! It's not impossible...

But it would be dangerous to go back there (story wise) if not handled with care. It can seem cheap if the writing isn't thought through: The most recent and well received characters from the expanded universe? Check. The last place we saw in an Alien movie? Check. I hope it's a bit more complicated than that, not just by the numbers.

To be fair though, Alien Isolation's premise also sounded corny and it gave us one of the best expanses for the lore in recent years, anything can happen with this comic. I'm really exited to see where it goes!

The Old One

The Old One

Quote from: Still Collating... on Nov 10, 2018, 08:59:07 PM

But it would be dangerous to go back there (story wise) if not handled with care. It can seem cheap if the writing isn't thought through: The most recent and well received characters from the expanded universe? Check. The last place we saw in an Alien movie? Check. I hope it's a bit more complicated than that, not just by the numbers.

To be fair though, Alien Isolation's premise also sounded corny and it gave us one of the best expanses for the lore in recent years, anything can happen with this comic. I'm really exited to see where it goes!

Well, we went back to LV-223 in the comics and it was trash
not only on it's own merit but also destroying the delicious bleakness of the Deacon dying alone on a dead world-
so I understand that fear.

But we also went back to the Derelict in Alien Isolation... so that's the counter argument.

Ultramorph

I was going to make a wheat field comment myself but decided not to, glad someone else had the same thought. I highly doubt we'll be going back to Planet 4, but the non-variant cover does feature a Juggernaut, so hopefully we get some light Prometheus elements.

The Old One

The Old One

SiL

SiL

Quote from: SM on Nov 07, 2018, 10:43:52 AM
Nah the only difference I can see is the dorsal spike is lacking a few nobbly bits.
The jaw is a big giveaway. It's square and blocky where the original was more elegant.

Xenomrph

Quote from: The Old One on Nov 10, 2018, 09:12:36 PM
Quote from: Still Collating... on Nov 10, 2018, 08:59:07 PM

Well, we went back to LV-223 in the comics and it was trash
Strongly disagree, I thought it was really cool to see how the Black Goo had mutated the planet and its indigenous life.

The Old One

The Old One

The story, characters, lore, consistency of the Pathogen, ridiculous visuals (like a man melded onto the front of an Alien)-
& More made it trash, not evolving LV-223 into a jungle- that's just... whatever.
But the indigenous life shared no design consistency either and that is just, disappointing.

Perfect-Organism

I found Fire & Stone to be on the whole pretty good.  Even the predators weren't as offensive as I might have thought.  Those predator guys are like an uncultured redneck that shows up to a formal social gathering.  They spoil the vibe.

Anyway, the series tried to tackle subjects that could have easily overwhelmed it, and in fact almost did.  It's really no wonder they didn't get a few things right.  Keep in mind that for someone like Giger it took a lifetime of bad dreams and artistic progression to come up with one truly frightening and compelling monster.  Getting the artists of a comic to get it right at their first try was a tall order.

Nightmare Asylum

They need to revisit LV-223 in a comic that has nothing to do with Predators.

Perfect-Organism

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Nov 11, 2018, 03:14:58 PM
They need to revisit LV-223 in a comic that has nothing to do with Predators.

For sure.  I found myself tolerating them, not celebrating them

The Old One

The Old One

I'd go even farther saying you need to scrap F&S & L&D-
Establish a continuity of events exploring the other pyramids or potential other sites on the planet-
The rotting corpse of one Engineer and a squid spider thing alongside a Neomorph (Deacon) thing.

That makes sense with the continuity of the Company desiring the Alien despite this place existing.
Whether it's bombed to shit
or the planets storms got worse and worse as an Engineer counter measure to hide everything by obliterating it,
the sands in the wind consuming the structures entirely like a biblical wave.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed