Alien: Sea of Sorrows (Novel 2)

Started by Ultramorph, Dec 28, 2013, 12:56:28 AM

Author
Alien: Sea of Sorrows (Novel 2) (Read 53,537 times)

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

Was Hicks abducted and sent on a secret mission while visiting the little boys room in Aliens?

SMH.  Stop the silly plot contrivances.  Once in a new series is enough.  Don't need to do it multiple times.

RakaiThwei

RakaiThwei

I was just asking if it was going to be referencing Colonial Marines.  :-\

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

Not talking to you mane.  If the authors do the same thing again by reintroducing Hicks (Again!) in the EU.........just silliness?

Distepheno going to be in the second book?

Corporal Hicks

Urgh. Maybe Ripley 8 in the #2 then?? sigh.

Ultramorph

Ultramorph

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Feb 01, 2014, 11:14:51 AM
Urgh. Maybe Ripley 8 in the #2 then?? sigh.

QuoteThis second novel and its two tightly plotted tie-ins will directly relate to the first two films of the franchise, expanding the canon like never before.

I get the feeling from this blurb for Sea of Sorrows that this series is only taking Alien and Aliens into account. It wouldn't make sense to have Weyalnd-Yutani if it's set post-Resurrection. Also, I'm more and more curious about what these "two tightly-plotted tie-ins" are. Is it just a badly worded reference to the other two novels in the trilogy? I tried asking on James A. Moore's blog, but my Google account wouldn't let me. Who knows what Titan has planned.

Quote from: RakaiThwei on Feb 01, 2014, 05:35:01 AM
I wonder if it will follow Aliens: Colonial Marines. Even if that game was a huge disaster.  :-\

Well, people did complain about that game having an abrupt ending! Fox is just giving fans what they want.  :laugh:

predxeno

predxeno

I just finished Out of the Shadows and I hope...

Spoiler
... we'll eventually get to se Hoop again.  I know the ending of the book was designed to be ambiguous as fitting for a story of the Alien series but I've groan to love and mourn for all the characters, those who lived and those who died.
[close]

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

I think you meant "grown", not "groan". :)

predxeno

predxeno

Lol, oops. :laugh:

Darwinsgirl

To play the Devil's Advocate ;)

With Ripley's descendants. We know so little about Amanda Ripley McClaren. Is it possible she had a child and gave it up for adoption before her marriage or when she was a minor? These records would be sealed. WY is a powerful corporation but maybe not so powerful when it comes to sealed adoption records of a minor.

Just speculation...we'll find out end of July.

Ultramorph

Ultramorph

Quote from: Darwinsgirl on Feb 07, 2014, 08:54:22 PM

To play the Devil's Advocate ;)

With Ripley's descendants. We know so little about Amanda Ripley McClaren. Is it possible she had a child and gave it up for adoption before her marriage or when she was a minor? These records would be sealed. WY is a powerful corporation but maybe not so powerful when it comes to sealed adoption records of a minor.

Just speculation...we'll find out end of July.

I think that's probably what they'll do. Something along the lines of "Amanda Ripley did have kids, but the Company lied to Ripley about it to keep her isolated and under their control." Or it'll tie in with Isolation and have Amanda and her descendants in hiding to avoid the Company.

Darwinsgirl

^^^

Good point...she would have left Gateway to find her grandchildren if she knew they existed.

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

Or Ripley has other family than just Amanda.  Maybe her husband finally stopped being a douche or maybe people beside her immediate family but still family went looking for her.

Maybe descendents is used widely and Morse goes on the trail of Ripley and has to use his convict skills whilst spreading the good word of Saint Ripley and God.

Won't know until we get it.

Darwinsgirl

I thought about Ripley having siblings but I was going for the literal definition of descendant.

Was Ripley married?  She also could have had artificial insemination so like her blood sample from Fiorina Fury eggs would be stored. As you say...we'll find out. :)

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

That book you just read mentions her having a husband that left her.

:P

predxeno

predxeno

I stoutly believe that "descendants" is nothing more than a poor analogy to "successors", Amanda Ripley had no children and to add "secret children" would be comic book stupid.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed