John Logan "Revising" Alien: Paradise Lost Script?

Started by Corporal Hicks, Nov 10, 2015, 11:16:00 AM

Author
John Logan "Revising" Alien: Paradise Lost Script? (Read 18,362 times)

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Aliens has depth in its character and world-building. I'm not saying it's the deepest film but just because it doesn't dress itself up as some existential, big answer film doesn't mean it doesn't have any depth.

NickisSmart

Enoch

Once again... Covenant will not be only about Xenos. Xenos are just a part
of greater story and that story certanly inclued humans, Engineers, androids
and God. ;D We had four movies about Xenos, and they were in their core all the same.
Xenos kill all except last two or three characters (what a symbolic), and that cat in firts...  Ridley likes to play
with questions of religion, life, creation, death..So we ll have some mysterious origin story of Xenos, but the answers we are about get will not be so important when new questions emerge.

Corporal Hicks

I don't have any issues with the Aliens not necessarily being the stars. I don't mind films with questions as long as I get the answers.

426Buddy

Aliens has some nice depth to it IMO, the film has some pretty deep themes in the form of mother/daughter relationships and some subtext regarding the Vietnam war.

I'm no film expert but I bet one could dig pretty far into the meanings of that movie.

Enoch

I completely agree with you when speaking about the the first two movies. But those two never explored grander themes such as creation, life, good, evil, presence of God, etc. Those two focused more on a monster than on those greater questions.They roughly tried to mention such questions but monsters, killing and fear were more important in all Alien movies (Story of monster in tin can is now pretty much worn out). QUESTION OF PURPOSE and MEANING was marginal! Prometheus introduced those questions, but failed to answer any of them... I hope Covenant is about to clarify some of those grand questions. I even don't expect full simple minded answers, I myself want mystery, horror and some big things that can in some way clarify the existence of Xenos. Why Xeno? Why black goo? I dont want Engineers running around and killing I want to know their motifs no mater how strange they could be... Xenos are monsters (bioweapon), but monsters can have larger meaning and purpose other than killing and being monsters. Monsters and bioweapons are made for something and for someone, isnt that true? Why would "GOD" create such organism, and if not God, then who? Why would humans create androids and why would Engineers create humans? Is creation alone enough to someone become God?

I belive that the story of Engineers and their relation with Xeno could be epic. Covenant need right balance of
some answers and mystery, and everything will work. Humans and David as human creation, must play a vital part in whole story of Xeno existance.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed