Alien Anthology Discussion

Started by AVP66, Feb 19, 2009, 04:11:42 PM

Author
Alien Anthology Discussion (Read 361,590 times)

predxeno

predxeno

Apparently, my mom is a firm believer of not wasting money.  In her eyes, buying the same movie twice even if it's a different edition is "a waste if money."  Can anyone help me fight this logic?

Cellien

Cellien

Well it is a waste of money, but I'm a home theater/movie enthusiast so it's one of the places I choose to throw away my money.   :D

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Say to her you'll never ask again for it.

OR

Work out the money you need.

Keyes

Keyes

If you get some enjoyment out of something, how can it ever be labeled as "a waste of money"?! Fight back!

MrBrokenTusks.

MrBrokenTusks.

Quote from: Daz_85 on Nov 16, 2010, 06:09:23 PM
If you get some enjoyment out of something, how can it ever be labeled as "a waste of money"?! Fight back!

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: predxeno on Nov 16, 2010, 05:17:33 PM
I'm trying to convince my mom to get it for me on Christmas, but so far she says no cause she already bought the Alien Quadrilogy on DVD and I'd only be buying the same movies again; something I've done many times previously with all the different editions.  I need support from the AVP community to give me stuff I can use to convince my mom to get the Alien Anthology or convince that it's different from the Alien Quadrilogy DVD set.  I heard that the movies were completely remastered and look better than ever; is there a really big difference?

Buy it yourself. Save yourself a headache.

MrSpaceJockey

MrSpaceJockey

Ask for the money, then buy it yourself.

Or something.

sell the quad and give the money to your mum to go towards it.

predxeno

predxeno

Quote from: predxeno on Nov 17, 2010, 03:16:28 AM
Quote from: predxeno on Nov 16, 2010, 11:21:24 PM
There's a contest to win one of the Avatar Extended Collector's Edition for Blu-Ray or DVD here:

http://www.ugo.com/

I won!!! ;D  One Avatar Extended Collector's Edition Blu-Ray for me.  My winning word: Hometree.  That sounds like one beautiful word to me right now. :D  I guess I can use the money I saved from actually buying the discs for the Limited Edition Alien Anthology; might help convince my mom to get it for me on Christmas.  Here's hoping. ;)

predxeno

predxeno

Just to make sure; is the general concensus here that the limited edition Alien Anthology will only get more expensive, not more cheap as more time passes?

Quote from: predxeno on Nov 17, 2010, 05:21:26 AM
Just to make sure; is the general concensus here that the limited edition Alien Anthology will only get more expensive, not more cheap as more time passes?

the egg for sure, the non-egg version will get cheaper, but yeah, the egg will definately get more expensive,

predxeno

predxeno

Any chance for a decreased price for the Christmas holiday?

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Boxing day, yeah, most likely.

predxeno

predxeno

Boxing day? ???

predxeno

predxeno

Here's another chance to get the Alien Anthoogy Facehugger shirt that they had at the SDCC and other places.  No international shipping, unfortunately. :(

http://cgi.ebay.com/Alien-Anthology-Need-Hug-LargeT-Shirt-SDCC-Comic-Con-/250727204302?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3a608185ce

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed