Can't Run My World

Started by Corporal Hicks, Apr 03, 2016, 06:15:17 PM

Author
Can't Run My World (Read 468 times)

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

So I'm following the modmaker tutorial (http://web.archive.org/web/20120113040906/http://www.planetavp.com/modmaker/modmaker6.html) and I've got my two rooms and everything setup. When I click run, I get the following error "Unable to start process. Please verity your settings in the DEdit options dialog."

My Run options are set as per the attached snip.

Any ideas?

Le Celticant

Le Celticant

The processor tells you that something is actually wrong here:

Do as in the picture but I advise you to change the following:

*Uncheck "Fast Approximation" since you want to know if optimization work.
*Put in project directory instead of the very complicated and likely buggy line this:
..\AVP2
(Assuming the unrez AVP2 folder is in the Aliens Vs. Predator 2 folder).
*Extra parameters: -nosnapnocsg
Since it's better to create a map using the one-sided technique (processing is faster, visibility is clearer and less messy in DEdit) you not gonna need the leakfile since those doesn't work.

Good luck  ;)

-----------------------

EDIT:

Also, in the Run Option dialog, don't forget to put the correct path to everything (lithtech.exe is located in the Aliens Vs. Predator 2 directory) and be sure to know where your "AVP2" unrez folder is cos you might want to edit your "-rez" call command.

-----------------------

EDIT 2:

Did you add a Gamestartpoint inside your room and a worldproprities object? They are the two basics required to run a map.

windebieste

windebieste

The long filenames may be causing a problem for the editor.  We discussed this on one of the other threads.  I keep my install path names short for this game - less than 8 characters.  My install (and Project) path is: E:\AvP2\AvP2.  Keep it simple.  The game was designed in the post DOS Era.  I'm sure the 8 character filename limit is a hangover from those times. 

Don't worry about using the -nosnapnocsg command just yet.  I swear by using this method but you still need to learn the editor's basics before you tackle that can of worms.  While Le C is right, it's advisable to get the editor running first and get to know how to lay Brushes properly.  Learn to apply Proper Detail 0 and Detail 1 settings, how to use Translucent World Models, Doors, basic AI...  There's a ton of things to learn and you'll need to become familiar with before being concerned with that NoSnap stuff. 

-Windebieste.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed