Ridley Scott talks Prometheus 2

Started by zuzuki, Oct 12, 2012, 06:12:16 AM

Author
Ridley Scott talks Prometheus 2 (Read 26,640 times)

orchidal

orchidal

Word.
More SJ culture and science/tech as well. 
I'd also like a subplot of the sj's relationship with the creatures they skin to make their suits, why they do it, etc.

Getting back to the topic of David 8, I think he'll be our guide through Shaw and his journey into Paradise. He's intuitive of the sj tech and he may be able to presume/explain some things about the world they are in to Shaw and the audience.

whiterabbit

Shaw and Davids head are off to see the wonderful wizard of Oz. err horrible engineer of paradise I meant to say.

T Dog

T Dog

I think I'd like to see another director make this movie and oversee the writing.
I think somebody else can do a better overall job to be honest.

orchidal

orchidal

I'd like to keep it in Ridley's hands- everybody on board is aware of what divided fans by now. Give him another chance now that he's no longer blind.

I just hope P2 winds up having more in common with a Polish sci-fi animation called Chronopolis than Wiz-o-Oz.

Quote from: whiterabbit on Oct 13, 2012, 12:28:18 PM
Shaw and Davids head are off to see the wonderful wizard of Oz. err horrible engineer of paradise I meant to say.

T Dog

T Dog

I like Ridley and I heard he's a nice man, but he comes across a bit arrogant at times. Maybe he only comes across that way and he's actually not.

All in all I don't think meddling studios (especially Fox) have ever helped matters. I think there is probably some cases where interference has lead to a positive outcome.

orchidal

orchidal

Fox certainly aren't selling off their franchise any time soon; so, P2 ultimately remains in their hands.

T Dog

T Dog

Yeah too bad.
The next Terminator has the potential to be good. It's in the hands of Annapurna pictures who have financed stuff like The Master,  Lawless, True Grit and a bunch of others.

Be good if the ALIEN franchise fell into the hands of a studio who gave a shit about quality.

Kimo

Kimo

I want David to question his own existence in Prometheus 2 and come to the conclusion that if he sacrifices himself to the black goo or some other form of it, he will become the perfect organism. By combining machine with living biology i always liked the idea that the Alien from "Alien" got its mechanical look from an Android. The Engineers never truly mastered the art of the perfect organism (The Alien) because the had other ideas for the black goo... it was David that opened pandora's box.

Well that's the root i want Prometheus 2 to take.

Blacklabel

Blacklabel

I'd like to see an original facehugger cameo. :P (Doesnt even need to "hug" anybody.. he can just be seen behind a glass... as an example of one of the engineer's many bioweapons)

T Dog

T Dog

Quote from: Kimo on Oct 13, 2012, 01:44:44 PM
I want David to question his own existence in Prometheus 2 and come to the conclusion that if he sacrifices himself to the black goo or some other form of it, he will become the perfect organism. By combining machine with living biology i always liked the idea that the Alien from "Alien" got its mechanical look from an Android. The Engineers never truly mastered the art of the perfect organism (The Alien) because the had other ideas for the black goo... it was David that opened pandora's box.

Well that's the root i want Prometheus 2 to take.

Yeah that would be cool if he had a hand in creating the perfect organism. I would be cool with that since he's an interesting character portrayed by a quality actor.

I also like the idea previously stated by someone else of him becoming infatuated with Shaw. It would be very interesting character wise since he hasn't experienced love, affection or sex. Could lead to a new spin on Ash attacking Ripley if David was to attempt to rape Shaw. It's highly unlikely they'd bring this idea to screen though since I don't think Fox are especially no holds barred with their stories due to commerce and profit margins.

Promethean Fire

I'd love to see David Fincher get another crack at the franchise...

T Dog

T Dog

Quote from: Promethean Fire on Oct 13, 2012, 07:34:26 PM

That would be very interesting indeed. Likely? Probably not.

Salt The Fries

Ridley Scott talks horseshit pretty much nowadays...

Promethean Fire

Quote from: tmjhur on Oct 13, 2012, 07:38:15 PM
Quote from: Promethean Fire on Oct 13, 2012, 07:34:26 PM

That would be very interesting indeed. Likely? Probably not.

Not likely in the slightest.  Fincher is probably completely sick of hearing about his time on Alien 3.

I don't think Ridley will return.  Whether this is a good thing or not, depends entirely on your opinion on whether you would like something fresh and new.  Ridley would not repeat himself wheras a fanboy director would probably be too tempted to return to the tropes given the fun of playing in that sandbox.

T Dog

T Dog

I think they probably need a middle man.

Someone who loves and respects the past aesthetic and designs but also someone who cares about good dialogue, characters and story.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed