Blood thirsty ugly mo-fo Vs Space Samurai - which do you prefer?

Started by Mystic Ninja, Nov 17, 2009, 09:43:26 AM

Author
Blood thirsty ugly mo-fo Vs Space Samurai - which do you prefer? (Read 11,817 times)

Mystic Ninja

Mystic Ninja

The one thing that I like about RR's Black Super Predators is that they are blood thirsty evil mo-fo's who want to rip their preys heads off!! Just like the Predator in the original movie! I apprecaite that the Pred in Predator 2 was kind of badd ass like the original but even the most hardcore fans must admit he was a "pussy" compared to the original.

However, it is Predator 2 (or at least one scene) that I blame for what happened to the Predators since P2 - the scene where the elder pred gives Harrigan a gift! Correct me if I'm wrong but it was this scene that inspired all this Predators are "intergalatic space samurai" BS in the the comics, fan fiction,  which in turn influenced the AvP movies.  

How I want Predators to be potrayed:
I dont mind them having some honour or code of conduct during a hunt e.g. In the original, the Predator showed some chilvary/respect and decided to fight Dutch unarmed since it believed that Dutch was a worthy opponent but it still wanted to RIP HIS F*CKING SKULL OUT!!! I hate seeing or reading about Predators fighting side by side with humans or giving them gifts as a mark of respect!!

The only respect a Predator should give to its prey is whether it wants to fight it unarmed or use it as target practice for its weapons. If it fights you unarmed then it respects you but dont expect a gift from its compatriots if you defeat one, expect another fight because they now see you as a worthy challenge and trophy!!!

This is my Predator! what is yours?

Mystic Ninja

In summary....

The only respect a Pred should give humans is whether it decides to fight you unarmed or use you as target practice.

If it fights you unarmed then consider your self worthy but it still wants to rip your head off and wear your spinal cord as a belt!! If by some stroke of luck you defeat a Predator dont expect a f*cking gift from another Predator, expect another fight cos your now worthy and your skull is worth 10x more then it did yesterday!!

END OF STORY!!

No more gift giving space samurais!

keylight-di

This same question again? You discussed about it in another place.  ???
http://www.avpgalaxy.net/forum/index.php?topic=26771.0
So why now, again? It's very controversial. Do you like controversial themes?  :-\

BTW - you should make poll to vote.  ;)

Mystic Ninja

Mystic Ninja

I thought it was an interesting discussion that was worthy of its own thread!

The post you mention was me trying to get an answer/explanation from people who hated the new BSP because they dont "behave like Predators" - still dont know what that means!

This post is an off shoot of that original post but is different. I hope the mods dont delete it, but if they need to delete one (please delete the original topic http://www.avpgalaxy.net/forum/index.php?topic=26771.0 )

I dont think its controversial, just a discussion.

Which do you prefer by the way?

Mystic Ninja

Quote from: keylight-di on Nov 17, 2009, 10:08:15 AM
This same question again? You discussed about it in another place.  ???
http://www.avpgalaxy.net/forum/index.php?topic=26771.0
So why now, again? It's very controversial. Do you like controversial themes?  :-\

BTW - you should make poll to vote.  ;)

how do i add a poll?

keylight-di

I was trying to explain it in this thread, now I'm not interested in this discussion again.
http://www.avpgalaxy.net/forum/index.php?topic=26771.15
It's boring.  ;) I have my idea of Predator, you (most of you here) have yours.
You can persuade me for ever or bit me to die, I still claim - my (IMO, IMO, IMO) Predator it's bloody, ugly m***r, having his own sense of honourable  fight. Not space samuray as you describe, but close of it.
And I don't think we can't find any solution. We only can find more fight between us. It makes no sens for me.

I vote - bloody samuray. So what?  ;D

Mystic Ninja

Quote from: keylight-di on Nov 17, 2009, 10:33:13 AM
I was trying to explain it in this thread, now I'm not interested in this discussion again.
http://www.avpgalaxy.net/forum/index.php?topic=26771.15
It's boring.  ;) I have my idea of Predator, you (most of you here) have yours.
You can persuade me for ever or bit me to die, I still claim - my (IMO, IMO, IMO) Predator it's bloody, ugly m***r, having his own sense of honourable  fight. Not space samuray as you describe, but close of it.
And I don't think we can't find any solution. We only can find more fight between us. It makes no sens for me.

I vote - bloody samuray. So what?  ;D

Its just a forum about a make belief alien!

so what if people debate/fight about how a Predator should act or behave - as long as it dont turn personal, I think it makes the forum an interesting place to be.

How dull would this place be if everyone agreed. :)

So your like me, you want a Predator to blood thirsty but have some honour? However, like I said the only honour I would prefer is whether its chooses to fight you unarmed or with a weapon. If unarmed it respects you but still wants to kill you! no gifts!

SiL

I want what we got in the first two movies.

Something that hunts for sport.

The end. Not bloodthirsty death incarnate, not some honourable samurai; a dude grabbing his guns and going hunting for the weekend. f**k BSPs and Perry's "Yautja".

Mystic Ninja

Quote from: SiL on Nov 17, 2009, 11:04:57 AM

The end. Not bloodthirsty death incarnate, not some honourable samurai; a dude grabbing his guns and going hunting for the weekend. f**k BSPs and Perry's "Yautja".

what in god name is a Yautja? I assume its from the comics? Never read all of them, enjoyed Croncrete Jungle but after I saw one witch a picture depecting a human women being intergrated into the Preadtors and running side by side I never even bothered to read them again, it just made me cringe.

SiL

It's from the novels. It's where the honourable space samurai shit started.

keylight-di

Quote from: Mystic Ninja on Nov 17, 2009, 10:55:15 AM
So your like me, you want a Predator to blood thirsty but have some honour? However, like I said the only honour I would prefer is whether its chooses to fight you unarmed or with a weapon. If unarmed it respects you but still wants to kill you! no gifts!
I like you (why not?)  ;)
and I want Predators as bloody m** fs  with sense of honor.
Clear now?  ;)
For me Predators aren't the most bloody monsters in the whole Universe. It humans are. So movie Predators it's not about Predators as species, it's about predators in behaviour. With humans included.

I know I'm in minority here. I don't care. ;D

Aeus

I think AVP2 described them the best - "Children stepping on insects."

They don't give a shit about us either way, we're just sport to them.

Mystic Ninja

Quote from: SiL on Nov 17, 2009, 11:04:57 AM

People misunderstand my blood thirsty comment.

I want my Predators to have some honour/code but not to the point where they fight side by side with humans or give them a gift like the elder did in P2. If a human should ever defeat a Predator I want other Predators to show respect to that human by wanting to fight him unarmed and rip his skull off!!

keylight-di

So if I like the Yautja idea of Predators behaviour, what should I do? To make honorable seppuku?  ;D
If I can see honorable behaviour in P2 (and P1), I'm blind? Or I make  overinterpretation this movies? Or maybe you are looking for only gore monsters in movies?  ;)
I claim, they have them own sense of honour, maybe we can't understand it at all. But in society (and they have society) they can't exist without rules.

Quote from: Mystic Ninja on Nov 17, 2009, 11:12:08 AM

People misunderstand my blood thirsty comment.

I want my Predators to have some honour/code
So in this point I can agree.
Quote from: Mystic Ninja on Nov 17, 2009, 11:12:08 AM
but not to the point where they fight side by side with humans or give them a gift like the elder did in P2. If a human should ever defeat a Predator I want other Predators to show respect to that human by wanting to fight him unarmed and rip his skull off!!
And in this point I can't...

Dusk

Because that's a great way to earn a respectable Trophy. Beat the shit out of someone with bare hands, who's hopelessly physically outmatched.

I don't mind that the Elder gave him a gift. They hunt for Trophies, so someone who killed one of their own would probably deserve a Trophy as well. And I always imagined anyway, that one day the Predators would return to resume their hunt on the prey that managed to kill one of their own. It's proven itself to be worthy prey after all.

They'd just give the person breathing time and return after a few years, so he'd be at the top of his game again.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed