NECA Aliens

Started by DerelictShip, Jul 07, 2013, 12:50:59 AM

Author
NECA Aliens (Read 856,358 times)

drsmuts

drsmuts

My WY Commando and Alien Ripley have arrived...but at work so won't pick them up till Monday. Quite pleased they hit the UK quite soon after release.

Very tempted by the grey runner, but not sure if the colour variance justifies another one. It's a great figure though.

Denton Smalls

Denton Smalls

I will never take them out of their boxes. It is a sin. Also NECA can be kind of dodgy on quality control. Seen too many stories of shit breaking to risk freeing them from their plastic prisons.

Oh man, really? NECA stuff tends to be flimsy? I never heard that before. Good to know cause now I'm not opening my stuff of theirs lol.

Deathbearer

Deathbearer

Quote from: Denton Smalls on Jul 09, 2016, 05:58:25 PM
I will never take them out of their boxes. It is a sin. Also NECA can be kind of dodgy on quality control. Seen too many stories of shit breaking to risk freeing them from their plastic prisons.

Oh man, really? NECA stuff tends to be flimsy? I never heard that before. Good to know cause now I'm not opening my stuff of theirs lol.

That's what I've heard. Maybe people were getting Chinese knockoffs instead of the real thing, but I don't want to risk it. I've heard particularly bad things about the first Big Chap they did so I never got one. I hear the re release is pretty good so I do plan to get it eventually. Still not opening though just to be safe XD

Denton Smalls

Denton Smalls

QuoteThat's what I've heard. Maybe people were getting Chinese knockoffs instead of the real thing, but I don't want to risk it. I've heard particularly bad things about the first Big Chap they did so I never got one. I hear the re release is pretty good so I do plan to get it eventually. Still not opening though just to be safe XD

I actually googled it after I read your post and it looks like quite a few people have reported the same thing. Bunch of posts also mentioned McFarlane's Movie Maniacs as having some probs too.

Deathbearer

Deathbearer

Quote from: Denton Smalls on Jul 09, 2016, 08:35:21 PM
QuoteThat's what I've heard. Maybe people were getting Chinese knockoffs instead of the real thing, but I don't want to risk it. I've heard particularly bad things about the first Big Chap they did so I never got one. I hear the re release is pretty good so I do plan to get it eventually. Still not opening though just to be safe XD

I actually googled it after I read your post and it looks like quite a few people have reported the same thing. Bunch of posts also mentioned McFarlane's Movie Maniacs as having some probs too.
Yeah, never open NECAs. I'll just look at my NECA figures lovingly as they remain safe from the cruelty of the outside world.

I have a Movie Maniacs Alien Resurrection Warrior. It's pretty good. Then again that figure is older so maybe they still made them right back then. It really seems like they don't make things to last anymore. I still have a bunch of the old Kenner Aliens and for the most part they're in good condition.

Denton Smalls

Denton Smalls

I made the mistake of opening all the Kenner Aliens and the dropship when I was a kid, then the mistake of handing them down to my brother so they are now officially nuked from orbit.

I might pick up a Movie Maniacs Hicks though...despite being a little dated they still aren't that expensive surprisingly.

bobcunk

bobcunk

I have some unopened, but there not hard to find online and there not very expensive.

Denton Smalls

Denton Smalls

If NECA came out with a special line just for fans of the comic EU, what are some of the figures on your wish list? My series one would be:

Herk Mondo
Hicks from "Aliens: Book One" (not Wilks)
The Rogue
Max, the Berzerker Unit
Queen Mother
Paul Church

They made a red xenomorph from "Genocide" so it's possible right?

windebieste

windebieste

They aint don't yet with the Genocide line by a long shot, either.

I really wasn't interested in the first 2-pack release (Queen and Warrior) of these but this one does interest me a lot.  Red Big Chap and Dox Alien variants?  Yeah.  I'll probably pick this double pack up when they hit the shelves.

Announced as part of their Concept Figure range, NECA sure are going to get good mileage out of these.  This will be their 3rd.

-Windebieste.

Denton Smalls

Denton Smalls

That's pretty sweet. I like that they're showing some love to the comics.

Is Genocide widely considered to be the most popular comic compared to the others and that's why they reference that one?

lightsyder

lightsyder

Probably just because they are very distinct color wise

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Denton Smalls on Jul 08, 2016, 05:50:48 PM
Do you guys keep yours in the package or open them to make displays and stuff, or both?

All my recent purchases (last year or so) have been kept in their packages as I'm just buying and storing at the minute. When I move out again and have more display space, they'll be torn open and put on display.

Quote from: lightsyder on Jul 10, 2016, 10:34:02 PM
Probably just because they are very distinct color wise

I think the comic does have some play on it though. If I said K-Species, how many folk would really get that one? And they were a pretty distinctive colour. That said, I do have the Genocide Warrior and I love it. I haven't brought many of the variant paint jobs but I would be quite tempted to get these ones. I've always had a soft spot for Genocide.

lightsyder

lightsyder

I suppose.  Genocide was one of the earliest comics right?  Also got turned into a novel which is how I read it

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

It was the 4th series. So pretty early on.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Something else to realise is the reason the Genocide Aliens were done was because all they required was a new paint job of existing figures. Stuff like the Rogue would require a completely new mold to be made, which would be significantly more expensive.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed