AVPR Predalien impregnating idea

Started by Deathly_rYaN, Nov 14, 2009, 04:27:55 AM

Do you like the idea the strause brothers let the predalien do this?

Yes, Great Idea
16 (13.4%)
Eigh... it's okay i guess.
29 (24.4%)
No it's a was a stupid idea
74 (62.2%)

Total Members Voted: 115

Author
AVPR Predalien impregnating idea (Read 41,595 times)

Bishop2

Bishop2

Here's my big problem with it, from a biological standpoint - we have no evidence that pregnant women aren't the ONLY ones who can carry these 'bursters. And even if the homeless lady wasn't pregnant, it still implies they need a female womb to gestate these bursters.

Which would further mean that, at some point, the alien evolved an aspect of its reproductive cycle that REQUIRES a mammal's reproductive system to make use of it. Even though the alien is about as far from mammalian as you can get.

That's utterly asinine.

If we had scenes of the PredAlien doing this procedure on men as well as women, it wouldn't be so bad, but... shit.

superdeathpredator

I liked the idea because it brought a new twist on the the alien lifecycle! But the predalien would still be good without the eggs though!

Navaha

Navaha

Quote from: Bishop2 on Feb 09, 2010, 02:22:00 PM
Here's my big problem with it, from a biological standpoint - we have no evidence that pregnant women aren't the ONLY ones who can carry these 'bursters. And even if the homeless lady wasn't pregnant, it still implies they need a female womb to gestate these bursters.

Which would further mean that, at some point, the alien evolved an aspect of its reproductive cycle that REQUIRES a mammal's reproductive system to make use of it. Even though the alien is about as far from mammalian as you can get.

That's utterly asinine.

If we had scenes of the PredAlien doing this procedure on men as well as women, it wouldn't be so bad, but... shit.

This. The Predalien didn't even burst out of a human, why would it need a human womb to grow 'bursters? It either shouldn't have been able to do that, or should have been able to do that with anyone.

SpaceMarines

Quote from: superdeathpredator on Feb 09, 2010, 02:27:21 PM
I liked the idea because it brought a new twist on the the alien lifecycle! But the predalien would still be good without the eggs though!

It was a twist that was both unnecessary and completely inane. It added nothing to the cycle or the film, and actually had a detrimental effect on the latter.

Vemados

Vemados

Lets just say that the AVP Preds were so football-player buff cuz they were on some kind of weird Predator-steroid and that's why Chet came out the way it did, that's why it looks so f**ked (so future Predaliens won't look retarded), and the new reproduction system is some kind of f**ked up mutation brought on by the steroids.

Great theory, right. Everything fixed.

TJ Doc

TJ Doc

I thought it was because Scar looked like the end-product of five generations worth of Predator inbreeding.

But yours works too.

SpaceMarines

Well, we all know that deep-down, all Predators are rednecks*, so your theory does make sense.

*I kid, I kid.

keylight-di

Quote from: SpaceMarines on Feb 10, 2010, 01:43:55 AM
Well, we all know that deep-down, all Predators are rednecks*, so your theory does make sense.

*I kid, I kid.

I hope...  >:(

PRI. HUDSON

How does it contradict? It's a Predalien. Not a regular Alien.

The Ghoul

The Ghoul

They add the avpr impregnating idea to the new avp game oh god you guys would freak over that lol.  :D

and space rednecks don't imbreed at least not alot, its the hill billy's that do, so the pred would be spacce hilly billy. "I'm GONA MAKE THAT ALIEN SQUEEL LIKE A PIG!!!! YEPPI DOOOO!" lol. *Banjo music playing in the back ground.*

(I'm just goofing Keylight Preds aren't hill billys they're hunters big difference. ;D)

keylight-di

If you ever - EVER - use this word again, I'll come to you and make my trophy out of your skull. Watch... Beware...
>:(

;)

The Ghoul

The Ghoul

maybe they should focus on making a good movie without trying to leave they're mark and some how the accidently do and it turns out great.

Navaha

Navaha

Quote from: PRI. HUDSON on Feb 10, 2010, 10:03:20 AM

Because a SANE script writer wouldn't have changed their entire life cycle just because a Xenomorph happened to pop out of a Yautja's chest. They choice of host should have affected appearance and maybe some behavior, but not its form of reproduction.

keylight-di

Quote from: Navaha on Feb 10, 2010, 02:55:51 PM

Because a SANE script writer wouldn't have changed their entire life cycle just because a Xenomorph happened to pop out of a Yautja's chest. They choice of host should have affected appearance and maybe some behavior, but not its form of reproduction.

Exactly.

Changing the cycle of reproduction does not make sense especially when we consider that the influence on the development of Xeno is the host. Host. So in this case, the Predator. Such a change in the development of what we can see in AvP: R is assumed powers of clairvoyance in Predalien. How does it know that the next host will be the human being?

BTW not Yautja, Navaha. Predator.  ;D

SpaceMarines

Quote from: keylight-di on Feb 10, 2010, 12:32:39 PM
If you ever - EVER - use this word again, I'll come to you and make my trophy out of your skull. Watch... Beware...
>:(

Hillbilly, hillbilly, hillbilly, hillbilly, redneck, hillbilly!

Because a Predalien is a regular Alien, merely with a non-human host. The changes that occur due to a different host are negligible at best, and mostly result in an almost purely aesthetic change, i.e. the Runner's digitgrade legs.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed