Alien Isolation 2 Seems Unlikely Says Creative Assembly

Started by Darkness, Oct 04, 2015, 03:46:46 PM

Author
Alien Isolation 2 Seems Unlikely Says Creative Assembly (Read 48,682 times)

The Alien Predator

Quote from: Vertigo on Nov 05, 2015, 04:50:06 PM
I wonder if the people who didn't like those sections were playing at higher difficulty levels? I'm an unrepentant Easy/Novice player, but can imagine it would be frustrating if the synths could easily spot you.

YES! You and me both! *bro-fist bump*

First time I hear someone admit they're an unrepentant Easy/Novice player like myself.  ;D

I have yet to get this game though.

TheBATMAN

Ironically enough I think playing on easy/normal is the best way to play this particular game. It means the average player can get further without dying and that increases the tension tenfold.

HuDaFuK

Quote from: TheBATMAN on Nov 05, 2015, 10:51:09 PMIronically enough I think playing on easy/normal is the best way to play this particular game.

I disagree with this, purely because on the easier settings the Alien just isn't that much of a threat. It shows up less often and is easier to avoid. It feels more legit when it's a true peril to be feared on the harder difficulties.

Each to their own, obviously :) But I played through on easy after my hard playthrough and it was a total cakewalk.

Corporal Hicks

I always do my first run through on Normal then go back on the higher difficulties. I unfortunately haven't finish my Hard playthrough yet though. :-\

HuDaFuK

For what it's worth, that my standard m.o. too, but I heard ahead of time that this game should be played on hard straight out the gate, and I'm glad I did.

Corporal Hicks

I found Normal reasonably challenging.

HuDaFuK

Fair enough. I never actually played on normal, just hard first time then again on easy for my collectibles clean-up and not dying run, because f*ck doing that on hard! :P

Corporal Hicks

That comes after I I finish my hard run through. And the nailing a droid with a jack!

TheBATMAN

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Nov 06, 2015, 08:33:57 AM
I disagree with this, purely because on the easier settings the Alien just isn't that much of a threat. It shows up less often and is easier to avoid. It feels more legit when it's a true peril to be feared on the harder difficulties.

Each to their own, obviously :) But I played through on easy after my hard playthrough and it was a total cakewalk.

Fair enough. I just think that battling through level 18 for example on easy mode when you have not died in the entire game because of the easier setting is a way more tense experience than fighting through level 3 on nightmare mode and dying over and over again.

HuDaFuK

Of course, like I said, each to their own! The fact I'm quite a seasoned gamer probably has something to do with it too.

But I remember the first time you properly get thrown into the meat grinder with the Alien in the hospital - that was terrifying on hard, because if it saw me, I was dead, and it just would not go away, it was always there, constantly prowling the corridors, hunting for me. I was literally shaking.

On easy, it showed up for a bit then left, and I never saw it again until the scripted scene at the end of the level :P

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Nov 06, 2015, 11:12:50 AM
But I remember the first time you properly get thrown into the meat grinder with the Alien in the hospital - that was terrifying on hard, because if it saw me, I was dead, and it just would not go away, it was always there, constantly prowling the corridors, hunting for me. I was literally shaking.

The physical reaction was so intense. It's part of what made me love that game so much.

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Nov 06, 2015, 11:19:42 AMThe physical reaction was so intense. It's part of what made me love that game so much.

Yeah, it was wonderful. Even the first Dead Space never scared me that much. I remember cowering in a locker after the Alien first slinks down out of the vent, and because of all the windows in that section I could see it patrolling the corridors outside, and I just couldn't pick up the nerve to venture out. Must've sat in there for about ten minutes before finally stepping outside... and immediately panicking, alerting the Alien, running into a dead end and getting killed :laugh:

Corporal Hicks

The Alien series has always been one of my favourite because of the fear and reaction it elicits in me (among other reasons but mainly this). My fondest memories of the series are related to the fear and terror I had at the hands of a mere image on the Alien Trilogy box (I wouldn't even dare pick it up as a child) or the 32bit Aliens that made me watch from behind the settee.

TheBATMAN

Ah, that Alien Trilogy soundtrack...

Corporal Hicks

Listen to it every week just about.  :)

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed