Alien Isolation 2 Seems Unlikely Says Creative Assembly

Started by Darkness, Oct 04, 2015, 03:46:46 PM

Author
Alien Isolation 2 Seems Unlikely Says Creative Assembly (Read 48,680 times)

The Cruentus

The Cruentus

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jul 11, 2016, 12:23:36 PM
Quote from: The Cruentus on Jul 11, 2016, 11:44:54 AM
The ship that rescued her would need to have a Xenomorph on it for the story to continue or at least for the ship to stupidly go where the Xenomorphs are.

There's still a Derelict. There's also other ships that departed Sevestapol. Other other Engineer locations. Plenty of other ways to go with it.

Very true but it then it would be a rehash, the derelict has been done twice, thrice if you count Isolation itself, Engineer location was done in prometheus and ships was done in Alien and Alien: Resurrection but I admit the a ship idea would bring more claustraphobia into the game and perhaps Engineer location wouldn't be too bad so long at is different from Prometheus.

Going to the derelict would require a reason, likely W-Y again, and some fool will inevitably trigger an egg.

Quote from: g2vd on Jul 11, 2016, 12:09:01 PM
Quote from: The Cruentus on Jul 11, 2016, 11:44:54 AM
The ship that rescued her would need to have a Xenomorph on it for the story to continue or at least for the ship to stupidly go where the Xenomorphs are.
They could have the Xeno that got sucked out with her somehow latch onto the ship undetected somehow and stayed hidden.

Quote from: The Cruentus on Jul 10, 2016, 07:44:48 PM
Quote from: HuDaFuK on Jul 04, 2016, 09:45:33 AM
Quote from: Scorpio on Jul 04, 2016, 06:26:50 AMHe said something like "Those two specimens are worth millions to the bioweapons division".

Basic common sense would account for that comment.

There's nothing to suggest the wider company knew what he was doing or had any hand in it.

I personally believe Burke acted alone as well, no doubt the company has some real scumbags working for them but the idea of the whole company being like the evil empire never sat well with me, too comic book-ish.
I guess you never heard of IGN. :D

Lol I have indeed and it shows my point actually because IGN can't be taken seriously ever :laugh:

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jul 11, 2016, 12:23:36 PMThere's also other ships that departed Sevestapol.

I really wish they'd kept that longer opening where they find one of those ships.

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: The Cruentus on Jul 11, 2016, 12:36:09 PM
Very true but it then it would be a rehash, the derelict has been done twice, thrice if you count Isolation itself, Engineer location was done in prometheus and ships was done in Alien and Alien: Resurrection but I admit the a ship idea would bring more claustraphobia into the game and perhaps Engineer location wouldn't be too bad so long at is different from Prometheus.

Wouldn't necessarily need to be the same but they offer avenues of expansion. For example, one of the ships makes it to a colony or some such.

The Cruentus

I can imagine a "Event Horizon" kind of situation where a ship that left the station is being hailed by another ship and is not getting an response, the other ship then docks via umbilcal and a team of non-marines board and investigate. There will be a slow build up with nothing happening at first, with the team only finding that the ship appears to be empty. No bodies and none to little blood and then at some point, a hive is found and then crap hits the fan and whoever survives manages to escape after setting the ships course for the nearest sun, unfortunately the umbilical is used by Xenomorphs to hitch a ride on the other ship which would be half-way through the game and then you have try to either find a way to exterminate them or make for the escape pod. Just the top of my head.

The more I think about it, a ship idea sounds intriguing.

Xenomania

The Company ship (if it was them at the end) would certainly take Amanda into custody - I don't think she's "home free" at that point. Of course it could have been some other ship, but IIRC according to the ingame logs supply ships and scheduled flights were no longer arriving on Sevastopol.

And then there's the fate of the Torrens - if it wasn't caught within the gravitational pull of KG348 and destroyed - could have had more than one Alien stowaway.

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Jul 11, 2016, 12:39:35 PM
Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jul 11, 2016, 12:23:36 PMThere's also other ships that departed Sevestapol.

I really wish they'd kept that longer opening where they find one of those ships.
What longer opening?  :o

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Xenomania on Jul 12, 2016, 01:49:20 AM
And then there's the fate of the Torrens - if it wasn't caught within the gravitational pull of KG348 and destroyed - could have had more than one Alien stowaway.

I hadn't thought about the Torrens. Good shout! That would be a nice sequel avenue.

Quote from: Xenomania on Jul 12, 2016, 01:49:20 AM
What longer opening?  :o

http://www.avpgalaxy.net/forum/index.php?topic=53762.0

Check out this thread. It's got the script for deleted sections of Isolation including a different opening.

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Xenomania on Jul 12, 2016, 01:49:20 AMAnd then there's the fate of the Torrens - if it wasn't caught within the gravitational pull of KG348 and destroyed - could have had more than one Alien stowaway.

I did hear it suggested that everything after the station explodes is just a hallucination. The very end did seem to have a slightly surreal quality to it when I played. Maybe there was never an Alien on the Torrens and the ship simply picked Ripley up after she freed it, and she was unconscious the whole time.

Quote from: Xenomania on Jul 12, 2016, 01:49:20 AMWhat longer opening?  :o

You can read a write-up of it (along with some other sequences that got cut) here.

Xenomania

Xenomania

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Jul 12, 2016, 08:46:48 AM
Quote from: Xenomania on Jul 12, 2016, 01:49:20 AMAnd then there's the fate of the Torrens - if it wasn't caught within the gravitational pull of KG348 and destroyed - could have had more than one Alien stowaway.

I did hear it suggested that everything after the station explodes is just a hallucination. The very end did seem to have a slightly surreal quality to it when I played. Maybe there was never an Alien on the Torrens and the ship simply picked Ripley up after she freed it, and she was unconscious the whole time.

Quote from: Xenomania on Jul 12, 2016, 01:49:20 AMWhat longer opening?  :o

You can read a write-up of it (along with some other sequences that got cut) here.
Yep, I mentioned the "dream theory" earlier as well. Though it is a bit of a cheap horror cliche (similar to the ending of Event Horizon).

And that cut script stuff is very interesting. 8) I have the Art of Alien Isolation book which has some of those concept drawings. Just shows that there's still a lot of unused material which could be used for a sequel. Too bad none of the DLC (with the exception of the Nostromo ones) are story-driven.

Nostromo

Quote from: The Cruentus on Jul 11, 2016, 12:55:46 PM
I can imagine a "Event Horizon" kind of situation where a ship that left the station is being hailed by another ship and is not getting an response, the other ship then docks via umbilcal and a team of non-marines board and investigate. There will be a slow build up with nothing happening at first, with the team only finding that the ship appears to be empty. No bodies and none to little blood and then at some point, a hive is found and then crap hits the fan and whoever survives manages to escape after setting the ships course for the nearest sun, unfortunately the umbilical is used by Xenomorphs to hitch a ride on the other ship which would be half-way through the game and then you have try to either find a way to exterminate them or make for the escape pod. Just the top of my head.

The more I think about it, a ship idea sounds intriguing.

I like the storyline. Congrats by the way, you've thought of a better story than 97% of Dark Horse's Aliens crappy comic storylines. (90's baby stories)

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed