Egg on Sulaco

Started by Darkness, Nov 01, 2006, 08:21:10 AM

Author
Egg on Sulaco (Read 736,976 times)

Janek

Janek

For me, not knowing 100% how the egg got there is part of the fun. The cloud of mystery surrounding many elements in the alien universe is such a rich foundation for entertaining discussions, like this thread. Love the discussions and witty humour here... carry on!  ;D

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Be careful while reading this thread not to operate heavy machinery.

Vermillion

Vermillion

Quote from: Janek on Apr 18, 2020, 01:40:19 PM
For me, not knowing 100% how the egg got there is part of the fun. The cloud of mystery surrounding many elements in the alien universe is such a rich foundation for entertaining discussions, like this thread. Love the discussions and witty humour here... carry on!  ;D
The Cloud of mystery was seriously eroded in Prometheus and Covenant. 
Seriously damaging to the franchise.

Janek

Janek

Quote from: Vermillion on Apr 18, 2020, 02:23:07 PM
Quote from: Janek on Apr 18, 2020, 01:40:19 PM

Yup I sadly agree, I am conflicted on wether I want to see Ridley Scott make another alien film.

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Vermillion on Apr 18, 2020, 02:23:07 PM

Indeed. Actions that ironically began cooking the beast.

426Buddy

426Buddy

Folks thought beast was cooked before and after the prequels. Either way its not.

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: 426Buddy on Apr 18, 2020, 02:42:08 PM
Folks thought beast was cooked before and after the prequels. Either way its not.

I never thought it was cooked, but if there's a way to cook it in my humble opinion, you take that shrouded in mystery origin and shine a big spotlight on it.

Fortunately, in the way Covenant presented it, that very origin flew over so many casual viewers' heads.

426Buddy

426Buddy

Right but there is still plenty is mystery and unanswered questions, especially regarding the goo. I dont mind putting a spotlight on the origin of the Alien as long as you create more questions and mysteries.

Do I still want David to be a re-creator? Yeah but it doesn't bother that much anymore. I also think they should take the story away from Ridley, director/producer only.

littlesprout

littlesprout

I think if Covenant removed the Aliens and David thing it would be perfect.

Just a stand alone film expanding on new creatures in the universe.

i still think David got those prints from the Engineers (for creating aliens)

StrangeShape

StrangeShape

I would ask the ADI guys where the egg was. They built and placed the prop, they know what set it was in or what was it suppose to be. So at least we would know where was it

SiL

SiL

I doubt it, the call sheet just says "SULACO NEW SET". I don't think there was ever a clear idea where it was meant to be.

StrangeShape

StrangeShape

Quote from: SiL on Apr 18, 2020, 09:47:40 PM
I doubt it, the call sheet just says "SULACO NEW SET". I don't think there was ever a clear idea where it was meant to be.

If so, at least they've seen a full set rather than just a fracture of it that we see in the frame. I think its possible from what they saw to at least say if its a storage room, part of a hangar bay, locker of some sort or a hallway

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

For me it would be enough if they would just rule out that it's supposed to be the dropship.

StrangeShape

StrangeShape

Quote from: Local Trouble on Apr 18, 2020, 10:37:56 PM
For me it would be enough if they would just rule out that it's supposed to be the dropship.

Same. Doubtful they would remember but who knows. One of them might

Vermillion

Vermillion

He might remember in a dream.
Or a figment of his imagination. 

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed