Started by Darkness, Nov 01, 2006, 08:21:10 AM

Author
Egg on Sulaco (Read 736,893 times)

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

The egg train rolls on!

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

I don't see it ever really ending. lol  It's just what people prefer to use as their explanation.

BringbackJonesy!

BringbackJonesy!

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jul 18, 2019, 09:33:29 AM
I don't see it ever really ending. lol  It's just what people prefer to use as their explanation.

The latter is the correct solution, and the former is equally true.  ;D

Vermillion

Vermillion

Didn't Ripley get face hugged in the medlab for about the same time as that army dude in Covenant? 

Like the hugger could of "tossed" its egg into her open mouth as she was gasping?

She wouldn't of had any clue she was swallowing the egg due to the fire suppression water dripping into her mouth.

Drukathi

Drukathi

Quote from: Vermillion on Jul 18, 2019, 02:35:19 PM

Like the hugger could of "tossed" its egg into her open mouth as she was gasping?

We have never seen facehugger's "tube" in this scene (like in Lope's scene). But, I think it's possible.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Covenant makes it retroactively possible.  Just like the deleted scene of impregnated Burke in Aliens.

Vermillion

Vermillion

Operative word.
Deleted.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Doesn't need to be deleted anymore.  It works now.

Drukathi

Drukathi

How about Ripley 8? She definitely got facehugger. Even more than Lope.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Indeed.

If they wanted to, Alien 5 could have it bursting out of Ripley 8's chest only to have her to survive it and eventually heal while the aliens infest Earth.  Thanks, Ridley!

The Cruentus

The Cruentus

The problem is that facehuggers couldn't do that before, it needed hours to implant whatever it was that it implanted. Egg, tumor or as of recently Plagiarus praepotens.
Unfortunately newer information does tend to override old. It does cause some issues however, like that Marachuk should have then already been implanted with a chestburster as well as the other poor sod who was also killed during the removal surgery, it should have been too late. Also then those two huggers should not have been alive to attack Ripley and Newt.

Ripley 8 would almost certainly been implanted as she was exposed to the facehugger longer than Lope was, though we don't know if it got the tube in or not. Though speaking of, that is an odd case for Lope because the tube wasn't even down his throat, evidence by how he was clearly able to shout "get it off me".

So who knows how what huggers can do now. Its like magic macguffin these days..

The Cold Forge is a really good novel, but unfortunately that also continues the instant implantation as well, I really hope newer novels avoid the direction Covenant went in but it seems it might just be the new status quo.

SM

SM

QuoteIt does cause some issues however, like that Marachuk should have then already been implanted with a chestburster as well as the other poor sod who was also killed during the removal surgery, it should have been too late.

It was too late.

QuoteAlso then those two huggers should not have been alive to attack Ripley and Newt.

There's no indication they successfully implanted someone.

With other huggings you have to compare like for like situations.  There's an argument that the huggers were long dormant on LV-426 so implantation took longer; which has merit.

The simpler explanation is the hugger stays on for as long as possible to protect the embryo.  Lopes one couldn't.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

It's also entirely possible that the colonists weren't completely inept and were able to capture two facehuggers alive before they could attach themselves to anyone.  We just don't know.

SM

SM

That's always been my thinking.  Gorman and Hicks were able to wrassle one, so it's possible.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

I think it's best left an untold story, but I like to imagine that the colonists did the best they could with what they had.  A valiant effort by mothers and fathers giving their all to help their neighbors and loved ones.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed