Egg on Sulaco

Started by Darkness, Nov 01, 2006, 08:21:10 AM

Author
Egg on Sulaco (Read 736,674 times)

The Old One

The Old One

Yeah, I do agree the dream is the only one with merit within the film's narrative.
Quote from: The Old One on Apr 08, 2019, 03:09:26 PM
A Egg is immobile, a Facehugger is mobile and the Spaceship is enormous.
Quote from: Erik Lehnsherr on Mar 12, 2019, 08:08:12 PM
Fantastic fanfiction is but fanfiction. (Organic Growth)
The rest (fanfiction)'s garbage, E.E/A.I/ACM- etcetera.

Quote from: The Old One

It was the intention during shooting that it was an unclear amount of surviving Facehuggers
that hitched a ride and waited until the humans were at their most vulnerable.

(The Facehuggers obviously ran for the hills when the airlock opened, under a grating- inside a vent and voilĂ .
When the Facehuggers return, the crew's in cryosleep.)

The egg was a studio insert, from the mentality that "these things have to come from an egg" creating a needless point of contention.
One that we're still discussing, if you don't care about the way the film should have been edited together being the real explanation;
Then in order to take it at face value, with it being in a place it couldn't possibly be. I only have this to say;

"I had a terrible dream in cryosleep."
-Ellen Ripley

+ Dream-like opening, Dream-like ending.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Quote from: Erik Lehnsherr on Jun 24, 2019, 02:52:14 AM
No one of importance, but that doesn't mean anything.
My conclusion is correct, refute it or don't.

Concession accepted.

SM

SM

Quote from: Erik Lehnsherr on Jun 24, 2019, 02:41:48 AM
That wouldn't surprise me, as I said- willful ignorance.

I remember, something about your theory being fanfiction, and essentially all of them but the dream one being completely unfounded because within the film's narrative itself there's absolutely no indication from the dialogue or anything.

All theories are fan fiction.  There's no need to be a dick about it.

The1PerfectOrganism

The1PerfectOrganism

Except the only one supported by the film is on a tier above the rest. Because retroactive continuity from an outside source isn't nearly as important as the content of the film.

I'm sure that's a sensible conclusion from everyone's perspective.

SM

SM

All things considered the 'ooze' theory has merit.

But perhaps you should ask everyone for their perspective?

The Old One

The Old One

We've heard everyone's perspective.
And I've discussed each one before in earnest with consideration, but "it's a dream opening"
is the only one that doesn't require a fifteen minute exploration.

Spoiler
Although the "ooze" theory's got a certain appeal for the fan in me,
as one ooze deposit means one Egg, means one Facehugger,
which means the 2010 Special Edition's definitely canon.
But it's a retcon from a coffee table book, (no offense, I love the book myself)
and the dream theory means you get to choose between all three versions as it remains ambiguous.
[close]

My vote?  Lock the thread.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Quote from: The Old One on Jun 24, 2019, 03:21:30 AM

So far.  Who knows what the future will bring?  What about the people who sign up tomorrow or next month or next year and want to weigh in on this frequently discussed topic?

Locking this thread solves nothing.  If it did, I think they would have done so years ago.

Biomechanoid

Biomechanoid

Quote from: The Old One on Jun 24, 2019, 03:21:30 AM

You haven't heard my perspective on the topic, but considering a few here have turned this thread into a war zone and I'm on my last free parking pass from the corporal, I best just sit back and . . .

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

You've been here an awfully long time for someone that's never given their perspective.  What's the hold up?

Biomechanoid

Biomechanoid

Quote from: Local Trouble on Jun 24, 2019, 04:20:26 AM
You've been here an awfully long time for someone that's never given their perspective.  What's the hold up?

Actually, way back around 2008 I posted my theory on my site along with images to demonstrate it. However, a member here took my theory, even used my images and posted it early in this thread, he was praised by other members for presenting a 'great theory.'

Apparently he didn't notice I had it featured in my "The Lighter Side of Alien" - alien associated joke pages.  :laugh:

I won't mention his name so he can maintain his showers of praise.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Is it the one with the royal facehugger carrying the egg on its back?

Biomechanoid

Biomechanoid

Yes, the 'hermit crab' theory.  :laugh: I had no idea a joke theory I made over a decade ago would grow into a 'great theory.' The power of the internets. Hey, all in fun.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

I saw it and replied to it, but the one who posted it admitted that he didn't come up with it.

https://www.avpgalaxy.net/forum/index.php?topic=9.msg1833411#msg1833411

Maybe you're referring to someone who did it earlier than that though.

Biomechanoid

Biomechanoid

Quote from: Local Trouble on Jun 24, 2019, 05:01:25 AM
I saw it and replied to it, but the one who posted it admitted that he didn't come up with it.

Wow, you found it. It's been long ago since I last looked at it, but that must be it. I never said anything to him about taking it because while it was truly a original thought on my part, I had read somewhere that theory has actually been floated around long before I posted it over a decade ago.

I had no idea at the time I created that joke page, there were fans who were taking that theory seriously. Actually, I still have it posted in my "Lighter Side of Alien" section......

http://scifimoviezone.com/avpalien05.shtml

SM

SM

Quote from: Local Trouble on Jun 24, 2019, 05:01:25 AM

Ye gods...

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed