Egg on Sulaco

Started by Darkness, Nov 01, 2006, 08:21:10 AM

Author
Egg on Sulaco (Read 736,780 times)

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Be sure to ask them about acidic blood too.

whiterabbit

whiterabbit

Quote from: Local Trouble on Feb 17, 2018, 01:04:24 AM
Well, she didn't necessarily have to throw so much as drop it out of her gaping abdominal wound where her egg sac used to be attached.
That makes even more sense. It was just an egg that wasn't fully cooked. That fell out of her sometime during the power loader scene. Totally works. It would explain why it was smaller and upside down and why the runner was so fricking fugly. :P

Still Collating...

Still Collating...

If the egg was in the place where the Queen was hiding on the dropship, that would be very believable. But it clearly isn't as it is shown in Alien3. And as previously stated here by someone else, I can't believe that Ripley wouldn't check the whole dropship again for more stowaways.
So... maybe Bishop then.  ;)

whiterabbit

whiterabbit

Well of course Bishop did it but just for fun we're trying to find plausible excuses for why it couldn't be him.

426Buddy

426Buddy

Bishop doesnt work either, its been proven to be impossible probably a 100 times in this thread already.

If we take what we see in the beginning of alien3 as fact, then there is no plausible explanation for the egg and facehuggers on the sulaco unless the alien has abilities that we havent ever seen on screen. If the egg arose from some unknown ability then I like Local Troubles theory the best.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

It's not even really a "new ability," just an extension of what we've already seen.  The eggs obviously start out small and develop over time within the queen's ovipositor, right?

My theory just speculates that tearing herself free of her egg sac left the queen with a gaping hole in her abdomen and her "ovaries" exposed.  As she fought Ripley in the Sulaco's hangar bay, at least one of her premature eggs fell out of this abdominal cavity and oozed through the floor-grates where it congealed into place and took root.

In keeping with the aliens' physical hardiness, this proto-egg was able to survive outside of the queen's "womb" and even grow on its own to full-size during the Sulaco's three-week journey back to Earth.  Mind you, this process would be relatively slow compared to the aliens' usual accelerated growth rate.

Vermillion

Vermillion

The Asimov crap about Bishop's android rules is utter Bullshit.
The Alien Franchise has proven pretty much all Droids are nefarious and cunning.  They lie. 
And try and shove a magazine down your throat. 
Bishop did it.

But maybe it was placed there by Newt.   She was under the floor.
Perhaps.  A bit of Royal jelly got on her overalls and smeared itself on the floor grating...leading to eggmorphing and viola! 
Alien3

426Buddy

426Buddy

Has nothing to do with with Bishops programing. Bishop is impaled and torn in half as he gets off the dropship on the sulaco. Before that there is just not enough time for bishop to collect an egg, fly it up to the sulaco, and then come back for Ripley and Newt. It just doesnt work.

If it was possible that bishop did it, i would not have an issue. Although i do believe JC fully intended Bishop to be good and trustworthy despite a lil misdirection early in the film.

SM

SM

QuoteMy theory just speculates that tearing herself free of her egg sac left the queen with a gaping hole in her abdomen and her "ovaries" exposed.  As she fought Ripley in the Sulaco's hangar bay, at least one of her premature eggs fell out of this abdominal cavity and oozed through the floor-grates where it congealed into place and took root.

In keeping with the aliens' physical hardiness, this proto-egg was able to survive outside of the queen's "womb" and even grow on its own to full-size during the Sulaco's three-week journey back to Earth.  Mind you, this process would be relatively slow compared to the aliens' usual accelerated growth rate.

How did it not get sucked out into space?

I'm sure you probably addressed several dozen pages back but I forget.

whiterabbit

whiterabbit

Alright new Bishop dunn it theory. Now hear me, Bishop, sneaked into the alien mother sack and swiped some ebryo's from the queens ovipositor and swallowed them! DUN DUMMM! Of course they spilled out everywhere after the Queen tore Bishop in half. Therefor, it was Bishop.

btw the embryos enjoy walking up walls.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Quote from: SM on Feb 17, 2018, 09:04:48 PM
QuoteMy theory just speculates that tearing herself free of her egg sac left the queen with a gaping hole in her abdomen and her "ovaries" exposed.  As she fought Ripley in the Sulaco's hangar bay, at least one of her premature eggs fell out of this abdominal cavity and oozed through the floor-grates where it congealed into place and took root.

I assume it was either securely "glued" into its place already or far enough under the floor to prevent it from being caught up in the airflow.  In any case, the egg that we saw in Alien 3 somehow escaped getting sucked into space no matter how it got there.

Did Bishop's lower half get sucked out into space?

whiterabbit

whiterabbit

I'd assume it was considering the top half was nearly sucked out.

For another insane bishop dunn it theory.... what if there was 2 bishops?

SM

SM

Quote from: Local Trouble on Feb 18, 2018, 01:38:42 AM
Quote from: SM on Feb 17, 2018, 09:04:48 PM

I assume it was either securely "glued" into its place already or far enough under the floor to prevent it from being caught up in the airflow.  In any case, the egg that we saw in Alien 3 somehow escaped getting sucked into space no matter how it got there.

Did Bishop's lower half get sucked out into space?

Unknown.  Considering his top half nearly did, it's likely.  They were over the other side of the hangar bay with some obstacles between them and the airlock, though.

While your idea has merit, a tiny egg that dripped through a floor grate has a pretty good chance of getting sucked out through the same grate.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

The same could be said of a fully-grown egg sitting in the dropship's landing gear then, no?

SM

SM

Assuming it's there, it would be less likely to get sucked out since the landing gear well faces the opposite direction.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed