Egg on Sulaco (Read 737,015 times)

Nukiemorph

Nukiemorph

I wonder how many minds this thread has actually changed on the matter.  :P

I'd be surprised if any.

SiL

SiL

Quote from: Scorpio on Aug 05, 2017, 10:10:03 AM
Bishop had about 20 minutes to fly to the derelict, get an egg, fly to the Sulaco, place the egg there then fly back to the Atmosphere Processor.

IMO it was Bishop.  All androids in the Alien saga have a secret agenda (David, Ash, Call).  For all we know, Walter as well.
Flight time Sulaco to ground is something like 17 minutes, so no.

Scorpio

Scorpio

Quote from: SiL on Aug 05, 2017, 11:39:44 AM
Quote from: Scorpio on Aug 05, 2017, 10:10:03 AM
Bishop had about 20 minutes to fly to the derelict, get an egg, fly to the Sulaco, place the egg there then fly back to the Atmosphere Processor.

IMO it was Bishop.  All androids in the Alien saga have a secret agenda (David, Ash, Call).  For all we know, Walter as well.
Flight time Sulaco to ground is something like 17 minutes, so no.

That's the autopilot, Bishop was flying by manual control.

SiL

SiL

Granted, but the screen time of the initial drop is still around 5 minutes (especially if we include Hudson's DC rant).

Point is it's  still going to take way longer than 20 minutes to fly to the derelict,  grab an egg, fly into orbit, get out of the dropship, stash the egg, and fly back down to the atmosphere processor.

Rankles75

Rankles75

Quote from: SiL on Aug 05, 2017, 12:29:45 PM
Granted, but the screen time of the initial drop is still around 5 minutes (especially if we include Hudson's DC rant).

Point is it's  still going to take way longer than 20 minutes to fly to the derelict,  grab an egg, fly into orbit, get out of the dropship, stash the egg, and fly back down to the atmosphere processor.

And even that depends on the xeno's letting Bishop stroll in and walk out with an egg, which is far from guaranteed...

SiL

SiL

The idea is he gets it from the derelict, not the hive.

Which means landing, getting out, going into the derelict, finding the eggs, grabbing one, stopping said egg from impregnating Hicks on the way to the Sulaco, etc.

Scorpio

Scorpio

I'm not even saying he had 20 minutes.  Could have been longer, up to 30 minutes.  How long was Ripley in the hive? 

The Cruentus

The Cruentus

Quote from: Scorpio on Aug 05, 2017, 01:26:50 PM
I'm not even saying he had 20 minutes.  Could have been longer, up to 30 minutes.  How long was Ripley in the hive?

When Ripley gets into the elevator and takes her jacket off and readies her weapons, she only has 15 minutes to reach minimum safe distance according to the warning.

Scorpio

Scorpio

As soon as the place began exploding, it wasn't 'safe'.  So, with the place exploding around her, add another 15 minutes, maybe.

Rankles75

Rankles75

Would have surely taken quite some time for Bishop to get down from the derelict to the egg chamber and then back again (while carrying an egg)?

426Buddy

426Buddy

Quote from: Rankles75 on Aug 05, 2017, 02:23:08 PM
Would have surely taken quite some time for Bishop to get down from the derelict to the egg chamber and then back again (while carrying an egg)?

It would also take considerable time to go back to the sulaco, dock with it, plant the egg, and then fly back for Ripley. There's no way it could all be done in 20 minutes.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Quote from: Vermillion on Aug 03, 2017, 02:40:32 AM
Covenant scanned its Ship and it was years before Aliens!

Okay, I finally saw AC.  My feelings about the movie aside, I got the impression that Mother identified and tracked the alien with it's video surveillance system when it began running through the ship's corridors.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: SiL on Aug 05, 2017, 01:13:55 PMWhich means landing, getting out, going into the derelict, finding the eggs, grabbing one, stopping said egg from impregnating Hicks on the way to the Sulaco, etc.

This.

More to the point, him getting it shits all over the entire point of his character in Aliens.

Rankles75

Rankles75

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Aug 05, 2017, 04:33:43 PM
Quote from: SiL on Aug 05, 2017, 01:13:55 PMWhich means landing, getting out, going into the derelict, finding the eggs, grabbing one, stopping said egg from impregnating Hicks on the way to the Sulaco, etc.

This.

More to the point, him getting it shits all over the entire point of his character in Aliens.

That too...

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Bishop either had no motive, no opportunity or no legs.  Take your pick.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed