Egg on Sulaco

Started by Darkness, Nov 01, 2006, 08:21:10 AM

Author
Egg on Sulaco (Read 734,126 times)

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: colonialmarine9 on Jun 06, 2014, 02:16:15 PMSorry if i wasn't clear but I meant that he went before that to put the egg there either when he went out to get the dropship by remote or when ripley went after newt, not when he got ripped in half but way before that  :)

I forgot to mention that i believe that he did this off screen and went to the Sulaco 2 times one to put the egg and the other he got ripped in half
He didn't have time to go to the Sulaco twice. The film makes it pretty clear he barely has time to get the dropship down once. It arrives at the landing pad more or less as Ripley and the wounded Hicks do, and Bishop's still on the ground piloting it by remote. And Ripley's only in the nest for a few minutes, so there's no time then either, especially as Bishop would have to go all the way down into the nest to get the egg, without Ripley seeing him do it.

colonialmarine9

colonialmarine9

I know but he could have made it look that way in order to fool Ripley that he had been there the entire time like the dropship could have been hidden near by and when Hicks contacted Bishop he could have started getting ready to bring the ship from its hiding place

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

No, because several times between Bishop going to bring the dropship down and it arriving at the landing pad we see/hear proof that he's still on the ground waiting for it.

colonialmarine9

colonialmarine9

Well then when could he have done it or was it the queen but i don't think she was able to enter the cyro chamber area, or was it just a plot hole and we should ignore the egg and just imagine that a queen facehugger snuck on board

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Simple - it's just a plot hole.

I'm sure they could've come up with a better way of continuing things in the third film, but ultimately they just went for the magic egg.

Uncanny Antman

Uncanny Antman

No way man, Bishop definitely did it.  He also switched the Sulaco cryotubes for different ones and repainted the name on the side of the ship in a different colour. 

FiorinaFury161

FiorinaFury161

Quote from: Uncanny Antman on Jun 06, 2014, 03:20:46 PM
No way man, Bishop definitely did it.  He also switched the Sulaco cryotubes for different ones and repainted the name on the side of the ship in a different colour.
Spoiler
[close]

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Uncanny Antman on Jun 06, 2014, 03:20:46 PMNo way man, Bishop definitely did it.  He also switched the Sulaco cryotubes for different ones and repainted the name on the side of the ship in a different colour.
That devious s.o.b....

Uncanny Antman

Uncanny Antman

You can't trust 'droids, man.  White-blooded bastard.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Quote from: Uncanny Antman on Jun 06, 2014, 03:20:46 PM

Bishop's a dick.

SM

SM

QuoteWell then when could he have done it or was it the queen but i don't think she was able to enter the cyro chamber area

We don't know if the egg is even in the cryochamber.

colonialmarine9

colonialmarine9

I just looked at the scenes where Bishop was calling down the dropship and there was too little time for him to do it so its probably just a plot hole either way Aliens and Alien 3 are great movies some of the best ever made, I was just wondering if the Bishop idea would make more sense then random egg and also if it isn't in the cryo chamber where can it be.

SM

SM

It's not a plot hole.  There was a Queen on the ship.  Eggs come from Queens.

Uncanny Antman

Uncanny Antman

Yeah, it's not a plot hole.  It's a plot contrivance.  ;)

SM

SM

Correct.

"Plot hole" seems to be the catch-all phrase for dumb stuff in movies.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed