Egg on Sulaco

Started by Darkness, Nov 01, 2006, 08:21:10 AM

Author
Egg on Sulaco (Read 736,933 times)

Eal

Eal

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on May 31, 2023, 01:34:45 PMThe egg was an addition that came during reshoots after Fincher was kicked off the production.

https://youtu.be/XUV44JMhx5A?t=529

It starts about when there was no chestburster, but talks about there being no egg too.

That's interesting! I wonder if that's also the window of time that Larry Ferguson collaborated with Fincher before he was kicked off and Giler and Hill did their rewrites and reshoots (unless my knowledge of the shooting schedule is messed up)

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

So Larry did the initial write for Hill and Giler before they took over. You're thinking of Rex Pickett who did work with Fincher before he was ousted. I have another video for you!

Eal

Eal

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jun 01, 2023, 10:24:25 PMSo Larry did the initial write for Hill and Giler before they took over. You're thinking of Rex Pickett who did work with Fincher before he was ousted. I have another video for you!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GIuxQ_xAb-Y

I hate being a bad fan, but I dunno if I can sit through the entire interview with Pickett. Does he mention him and Fincher trying it without the egg or chestburster and seeing how the audience reacted?

SiL

SiL

There's no egg in the script. It was only added in reshoots after Fincher left. The chest bursting was in and out and in and out.

Eal

Eal

Quote from: SiL on Jun 02, 2023, 10:07:09 PMThere's no egg in the script. It was only added in reshoots after Fincher left. The chest bursting was in and out and in and out.

Danke schön.

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

Quote from: caffeine4671 on Jun 02, 2023, 09:00:45 PM
Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jun 01, 2023, 10:24:25 PMSo Larry did the initial write for Hill and Giler before they took over. You're thinking of Rex Pickett who did work with Fincher before he was ousted. I have another video for you!

I hate being a bad fan, but I dunno if I can sit through the entire interview with Pickett. Does he mention him and Fincher trying it without the egg or chestburster and seeing how the audience reacted?

I don't blame you. It's hard to sit through nonsense.

Eal

Eal

Quote from: BlueMarsalis79 on Jun 02, 2023, 11:58:34 PM
Quote from: caffeine4671 on Jun 02, 2023, 09:00:45 PM

I don't blame you. It's hard to sit through nonsense.
Lol

Kradan

Eal

Eal

Quote from: Kradan on Jun 07, 2023, 12:14:08 PMPO guys discuss the matter in their latest episode

I mean,  yeah. If you accept the fantastical realism of the Alien species properties, it's believable (to me anyway) that a dying queen could deposit a type of emergency spore. It's just...they don't really show or imply that at all on screen, they just show a randomly open egg in a random corridor and you're led to believe it got aboard somehow and they overlooked it.

I think when fans posit theories like these however, they're ironically doing more work than the original writers probably did on justifying these story points. They needed an Alien egg aboard the Sulaco, so they put one aboard the Sulaco. I'm still surprised to this day that they didn't just recycle Gibson's "Bishops lower half is injected with Spore material". At least you can see the queen's tail stab him in Aliens...

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

It never had any thought given to it because it was implemented without any Director input.

Eal

Eal

Quote from: BlueMarsalis79 on Jun 08, 2023, 12:28:05 AMIt never had any thought given to it because it was implemented without any Director input.

That's the thing. There wasn't much thought to it given in any of the scripts prior to that decision and after Gibson's drafts. Ward's script matter o'factly  just says it's "an overlooked alien egg" and the outbreak has already happened, Red's script ignores the question entirely and just supposes it happened somehow.

City Hunter Yautja

City Hunter Yautja

Quote from: SiL on Jun 02, 2023, 10:07:09 PMThere's no egg in the script. It was only added in reshoots after Fincher left. The chest bursting was in and out and in and out.

Facehugger sings: "Breath in! Breath out!"

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=2Hyy1KZoNZQ

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Thread by thread, we weave,
The Sulaco's tale retold,
In consensus, believe.

kwisatz

kwisatz

Quote from: ralfy on Jul 09, 2023, 03:33:26 AMGood to hear that, but I'll see if I can help out in that thread, too.

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

Both this thread and the other turned into grey sludge, impossible to engage meaningfully with?

Good.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed