SFX Magazine & L'écran Fantastique (April/May 2012) [French]

Started by NGR01, Apr 27, 2012, 09:54:35 PM

Author
SFX Magazine & L'écran Fantastique (April/May 2012) [French] (Read 58,466 times)

Vepariga

argh..they are starting to show too much..

I might have to avoid this part of the forum shortly,no matter how tempting it can become.

xii22loop

Quote from: Vickers Valiant on Apr 28, 2012, 10:22:44 PM
I'm really interested in seeing what the Engineer's eyes look like. The eyes will really make or break this creature's creepiness.

i'm guessing they will be all black maybe, every movie/tv show seems to be all about black eyes.

ThisBethesdaSea

Thanks. That pic of the suit is the only one of note in the group.

boostedlsj

Loving everything so far......I have always been more or a Predator fan, 10x more of a Predator fan mind you......but this is all amazing.

So if the Alien takes on traits from it's host......does this mean the very first Alien and all Aliens we have seen look the way they do because they originated from that Jockey in Alien? I mean if they take on traits? Look at the Engineers's body. His torso mainly. If they do take on the strongest traits from the host they burst out of it makes sense. Maybe the original form of the xenomorph is just waiting for it's first host to begin its evolution to Univeral superiority. Also maybe the xenomorph takes pychological characteristics. Like how the Engineer's control life a d can possibly create it and planet it elsewhere in the universe. Or wipe it out when needed. Maybe the xeno that originates from the engineer gets it's life cycle and obvious infestation because when it is born from a new lice form it takes the traits that best benefits it and then the maybe even a part of that lifeforms deepest darkest agendas or mission and goes completely extreme with it untill it's the last being in the universe. The perfect organism. It takes the the best physhical traits from a host and then takes the darkest side of the host and has no emotional barriers and slowly conquers all. The design of that Engineer and the eel like things we see and the black ooze tell me the Alien we have seen in many films is not just created by the Jockey's but has always carried the jockey's traits with them. Not just physchical traits but psychological traits. Wow I am drunk
Sorry about me bad grammar

Kev Loaf

I agree, the engineers body does look similar to a Xeno

Sigglas

Quote from: Kev Loaf on Apr 29, 2012, 09:09:50 AM

Isn't that just his "spacesuit" of sorts though?

Eva

Thanx wmmvrrvrrmm  :)

ChrisPachi

I am now bat-shit crazy jealous of all you french speakers - this magazine feature looks amazing.

RawMeat

Quote from: boostedlsj on Apr 29, 2012, 04:34:12 AM
.... and then the maybe even a part of that lifeforms deepest darkest agendas or mission and goes completely extreme with it untill it's the last being in the universe. The perfect organism.
It takes the the best physhical traits from a host and then takes the darkest side of the host and has no emotional barriers and slowly conquers all. The design of that Engineer and the eel like things we see and the black ooze tell me the Alien we have seen in many films is not just created by the Jockey's but has always carried the jockey's traits with them. Not just physchical traits but psychological traits.

very interesting, I totally agree. Even the alien in the first film - I always felt it as the representation of Kane's dark side, his "alter ego", Kane's eventual tensions with the rest of the crew grew into hostility when he "became" the Alien.

Kev Loaf

Quote from: Sigglas on Apr 29, 2012, 09:36:48 AM
Quote from: Kev Loaf on Apr 29, 2012, 09:09:50 AM

Isn't that just his "spacesuit" of sorts though?

Yeah your right.

In the mural, the creature crouching next to the engineer looks xeno like and it has the rib cage. Maybe the engineers armour is made up of the skin of this creature - kind of like ancient soldiers who were a lion or a bear skin cloaks and headress

ChrisPachi

ChrisPachi

Quote from: boostedlsj on Apr 29, 2012, 04:34:12 AMWow I am drunk

Onwards drunken speculation train, woo woo...

Quote from: boostedlsj on Apr 29, 2012, 04:34:12 AM...does this mean the very first Alien and all Aliens we have seen look the way they do because they originated from that Jockey in Alien?

Yes, I think that's a pretty good assumption, however the mural suggests that that particular morphology of the creature is well known to the engineers (or at least something very similar to it). If there are no recognizable xenomorphs in the new film, then where does that morphology fit in? Is it the evolutionary 'endgame; the final stage of a long and complicated life cycle made up of many different stages - some of which we will see in Prometheus - or is it just a one-off circumstantial branch of the engineer's viral 'weapon' that resulted from the outbreak above LV-426? If it's that latter, why do the engineers have a mural of something so similar to it in their temple?

My own hunch is that the biology that is responsible for the xenomorph that we know is the same biology that makes up the engineers themselves, and by extension all of their creations (us, maybe). The mural depicts a stage of that biology that the engineers covet but were never able to attain. The xenomorph that invaded the Nostromo and the colony on LV-426 was a bastardization of that biology, as are the parasitic slug things lurking around in the temple in Prometheus. We know now that the engineer is a lone survivor, so perhaps that biology ran amok and has already wiped out their civilization. On learning of the survival of humankind the engineer simply goes 'back to work', knowing that there is a potential world full of test subjects to assimilate into his experiments.

I would love to see a plot where the biology responsible for the xenomorph was also responsible for the extinction of the entire SJ race.

wmmvrrvrrmm

wmmvrrvrrmm

Quote from: NGR01 on Apr 28, 2012, 11:39:27 PM

Would have been cool that the guy who took the original link and posted it on that forum gave credits to wmmvrrvrrmm who found it...

we'll I'll thank Alain Schlockoff for giving his link from his Facebook page .

Quote from: boostedlsj on Apr 29, 2012, 04:34:12 AM

So if the Alien takes on traits from it's host......does this mean the very first Alien and all Aliens we have seen look the way they do because they originated from that Jockey in Alien?

At the moment, if the spores were the cargo all the time in the derelict, they may not have originated from the Jockey, and certainly would not have originated from the alien that burst from the Jockey, what happened there we don't ultimately know, but before it was decided that the spores were cargo, the alien that created the spores grew from the Space Jockey in Alien so there would have been a definite genetic connection at the time of the idea.

NGR01

Quote from: wmmvrrvrrmm on Apr 29, 2012, 12:41:20 PM
Quote from: NGR01 on Apr 28, 2012, 11:39:27 PM

Would have been cool that the guy who took the original link and posted it on that forum gave credits to wmmvrrvrrmm who found it...

we'll I'll thank Alain Schlockoff for giving his link from his Facebook page .

I meant that the guy who used the link you provided and posted it on prometheus forums ;)

As for the ribcage thing it's just that the whole engineer technology and design is based on biomechanics.
They are all born from the same source hence the similiraties in design.
For exemple the mural with the queen like creature also have a ribcage thing going on.
The Engineer suits are made from the same living material.

Scott made it very strong that he would not come near the alien anymore, nor the facehugger.
We will meet new creatures not proto alien neither.
Since all leads that the alien has been around for long.
Long enough to have wiped out that Engineer's waystation.
This is my take on the material if they end up showing some proto alien infecting an Engineer then show him taking off for lv426 That would be the lamest thing ever.

Eva

I think it's pretty evident that the eggs/facehugger from Alien is a vital part of the engineers lifecycle/biomechanoid technology. Just take a look at the murals Gigers did for Alien. I don't think Ridley will deviate much from that overall perspective in Prometheus, although we will see no facehugger/xeno in this film.

What might seem like a horrific element of their technology for a human being, could be regarded as perfectly 'normal' for an engineer. Perhaps there exists a symbiosis relationship between the engineers and some of their creations.

NGR01

Agreed.
The mural depicting an Engineer fusing with somesort of creature is a proof of that symbiosis thing.
But something has happened, maybe the Engineers went too far or their own creations became more than what they expected. It happened with humans could have happened with the alien.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed