Recent posts

Alien Films / Re: Favourite Alien Movie?
Last post by gold - Today at 11:53:31 AM
Quote from: BlueMarsalis79 on Today at 11:24:44 AMYou ought to watch this gold:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mskxKtU0ZHQ

Thank you so much for that link. What an awesome video.

Neil Blomkamp is me.

It's hard to explain the cognitive dissonance that I sometimes feel when discussing the franchise with people. But for people like me (of my age) who saw these movies as they were released to cinemas there was a -tremendous- let down that happened in 1992. Alien (Scott) was 1 Alien, Aliens (Cameron) was multiple Aliens. We all had such great hopes for A3.

It was going to be all out war on Earth? A venture to the Aliens home planet? More lore? Was the Xenomorph a manifestation of a realm beyond the universe where raw emotions with no logic reigned? Was that why the sexual Giger shapes were so repulsive and attractive at the same time? Why humans couldn't really "place" them?

No, Hicks dead, little Newt dead, all in the opening minute. Ripley comitting suicide at the end.

What a let down.

I know for a fact that this is what we all felt back in 1992.

Blompkamp felt exactly the same thing (there were so many of us). It seems like he really understood where this franchise had needed to go after Aliens.

Say what you like but Blomkamps Alien 5 would haven been an EVENT. The entire fanbase would have looked foreward to it years in advance (and we did).

All we have now of that parralel timeline sequel to Aliens is the 2013 Aliens: Colonial Marines game. Which (at least on PC with TemplarGFX) scratches the itch somewhat.

But man would Blomkamps Alien have been special.

Think about it, it would have been different but- a true sequel to Aliens. Alien 3 was different (way different to what we expected) and has it's fans. Blomkamps A5 would have had it's fans for decades to come.

In all honesty I think in that parallel dimension, internet polls would be divided between Aliens 1986 and Blomkamps A5 being the single best movie in the franchise.
Last post by SiL - Today at 11:52:17 AM
Quote from: gold on Today at 11:10:45 AMDo something original for once (Blomkamp :( ) and stop insulting viewer intelligence.

You're complaining about casting actors who look like Weaver then pine for a project that wanted to cast Weaver.

Peeeeehh
Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Yesterday at 03:34:51 PMWhen I saw it in 2019 for the 40th anniversary there was someone in the theater that brought his very young child as well.

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Today at 11:13:50 AMThe first time we heard the name "Awakening" it was attributed to Ridley's third prequel, but later on another interview (I forget with who) cited it as being a name for Blomkamp's film, not Ridley's (and now we know that Ridley's was using the name "Destiny"). But "Awakening" doesn't really gel with the interview Mike sourced for his video in which Blomkamp makes mention that the title, which is being kept hidden for now, is pretty spoilery as to what is going on in the film. "Awakening" seems a little to vague/generic to hold that kind of weight...

Unless the film was going to be called Alien: Red Harvest. Harvesting of human DNA...

Always figured the "Red Harvest" was just a riff on Lucas' "Blue Harvest" ("horror beyond imagination") and used as a codename for the project. Perhaps it was the real name then?
Last post by Slutty Badger - Today at 11:45:32 AM
Quote from: gold on Today at 11:10:45 AMPeeh

Okay, I'll give you this - nobody was expecting you to say that.
Alien 5 / Re: Alien V - Facts and Rumors...
Last post by BlueMarsalis79 - Today at 11:45:09 AM
I do not like the idea of removing the other from Alien. Nor monsters being genetically manipulated to make more toyettic versions. Nor the return of legacy characters.

No, not for me.
Quote from: Kimarhi on Today at 04:52:30 AMIf it is ever released for regular console then maybe. 

This, not interested in virtual reality experiences at all.
Music / Re: electronic music with stay...
Last post by BlueMarsalis79 - Today at 11:39:24 AM
Saki Kaskas and Jon Hopkins.
Alien 5 / Re: Alien V - Facts and Rumors...
Last post by skhellter - Today at 11:38:34 AM
Quote from: Mike's Monsters on Today at 08:51:59 AMThe impression I got was that that DNA was found in the derelict ship we see in ALIEN. Not in building a new one. It hints at somehow humans and Xenos being connected in the past. How? I don't have that information.

Prometheus was out at the time. It's most definitely Engineer DNA which (according to that infamous bit in Prometheus) is a 100% MATCH with HUMAN DNA  :laugh:

considering that there's a lot of hearsay about this detail of the movie, i bet a lot's been misunderstood, lost in the telling.

What makes some sense to me is if the Aliens build (very durable) biomechanical material nests out of their victims - and it would make sense for the Engineers to see this as prized material, they would then go in, exterminate the aliens, retrieve the nests, insert their own tech in there and build proper SHIPS with it. It would maybe go some way to explain why there's a Deacon mural in LV223 - They worship these creatures and others of its ilk. It would explain why the derelict ships look "grown" rather than built, it would explain why the cave under the Derelict in the original movie looks like a technological/aesthetic extension of the Derelict ship itself (the aliens would've built that after the Engineers lose control of the situation).
Music / Re: Who is your favourite DJ '...
Last post by BlueMarsalis79 - Today at 11:38:18 AM
DJ Shadow.
AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed