Producers of Predator 4

Started by Spoonman101, Jul 25, 2014, 04:47:43 PM

Author
Producers of Predator 4 (Read 3,562 times)

Spoonman101

Spoonman101

QuoteWith the Predator series, each of the movies can be viewed as an entire continuity or simply stand alone films that have little or nothing to do with each other
So true. It also makes it more enjoyable for the general public

QuoteKind of like the Leprechaun movies in a sense, if we're to make comparisons with other franchises.
But why this one though...

QuotePersonally, from how I see things there are two paths as far as storytelling for the Predator franchise is concerned.. one which leads up to AvP, and one which leads up to PREDATORS. Thing is with this sequel.. we don't know where the path is going. For all we know, while it could be the fourth movie, it could ignore PREDATORS and act as either a direct sequel to the original, or even take place after Predator 2.. or as some have speculated, it could take place after AvP-R but that's highly unlikely.
Seeing as Shane proclaimed that he is supposedly mining for mythos(This metaphor  :laugh: ). I would assume he would even go backwards with it.

QuoteIt's probably best to look at the Predator franchise like the numerous Godzilla continuity families.
Just watched the recent one. The director could be excellent for an AvP reboot!

QuotePfffft! Nope! It's from Frank Miller's The Dark Knight Returns.
Good, that was the worst story in all of the Alien/Predator EU!

RakaiThwei

RakaiThwei

Quote from: Spoonman101 on Jul 27, 2014, 06:13:54 AM
So true. It also makes it more enjoyable for the general public

I can concur with that.. Seems about right.

But why this one though...

It was the only one off the top of my head off at the time. I could compare the Predator franchise with the Highlander franchise, especially the films since both series have sort of the same thing going on.. The same thing could be said about Godzilla. Again, Leprechaun was off the top off my head when I was making comparisons but the others work to compare fine enough.

Seeing as Shane proclaimed that he is supposedly mining for mythos(This metaphor  :laugh: ). I would assume he would even go backwards with it.

You're right, no one really knows where this could even really go. The sequel might be announced to be a prequel within time. For all we know it could be set around the time Anna was a child. It might be a telling of the whole El Demonio Cazador Trofeos De Los Hombres legend. A movie set in that time frame would make sense. Tons of fertile ground there to explore. We know that a lot of people were killed as Anna suggested but do we really know WHAT went down? Or.. it could be a prequel involving Hopper. We don't know, but until more time passes on, we can only speculate.

Just watched the recent one. The director could be excellent for an AvP reboot!

I would prefer an AvP3 than a reboot. That storyline needs to be finished and more clearly established as it's own universe. I'm in the minority who enjoyed the concepts which the first AvP brought, and of course what the 2010 game brought as well. I think a third movie needs to happen to at least bring closure to that storyline. Just my two cents.

Good, that was the worst story in all of the Alien/Predator EU!

Hard to believe a renowned X-Men writer wrote that mess of a comic. Sometimes I think that superhero writers don't know how to really treat the Alien or Predator stories or even characters.

Keith

Keith

Quote from: Spoonman101 on Jul 25, 2014, 04:47:43 PM
The original producers are making a comeback.
Over at Stack Active an article states that producers; John Davis, Joel Silver and Lawrence Gordon will be involved. This might sound more and more promising for both conservative and progressive fans alike.

Source:
http://www.stackactive.com/2014/07/04/predator-reboot/

Doesn't sound very credible. Wish it was true.

Xenomorphine

Xenomorphine

Quote from: RakaiThwei on Jul 27, 2014, 06:28:55 AM
For all we know it could be set around the time Anna was a child. It might be a telling of the whole El Demonio Cazador Trofeos De Los Hombres legend. A movie set in that time frame would make sense. Tons of fertile ground there to explore. We know that a lot of people were killed as Anna suggested but do we really know WHAT went down?

There wasn't really one specific legend or incident. She just mentioned that's what the cause had come to be known as and that it happened, from time to time. Just lots of graphic killings. Nobody saw the events, just each end result.

It's like 'el chupacabra': Lots and lots and lots of different instances with elements in common.

Not that chupa can really be worked into the Predator mythos, because the killings don't really suit their usual motivations. Although, it could be revealed to be something which escaped from an old hunt gone wrong.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed