Alien Fan DVD

Started by xeno_alpha_07, Apr 03, 2007, 01:49:50 AM

Author
Alien Fan DVD (Read 4,372 times)

xeno_alpha_07

xeno_alpha_07

To be honest you may have already heard of this before but just incase you haven't i was sent a link about an alien fan dvd called the Alien appendis #3 seems interesting so i thought i would post it. If you wan to down load it you'll need a to register etc.

http://www.myspleen.net/details.php?id=3248

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Could be the workprint?

SiL

SiL

The 'virtual workprint' (AA02, AA02a) is a fan edit with every available piece of excised footage reinserted. I'd love to see it one day, just for the novelty value. Or the original 3hr 13min cut.

Unfortunately, the one up for download is just a compilation of making of features.

xeno_alpha_07

xeno_alpha_07

Quote from: SiL on Apr 03, 2007, 08:03:04 AM
The 'virtual workprint' (AA02, AA02a) is a fan edit with every available piece of excised footage reinserted. I'd love to see it one day, just for the novelty value. Or the original 3hr 13min cut.

Unfortunately, the one up for download is just a compilation of making of features.

Virtual work print? where can i  look at that please? i've never heard if it.  :o

Darkness

Darkness

Quote from: SiL on Apr 03, 2007, 08:03:04 AM

I've never heard of it either. What new footage is in it?

SiL

SiL

Any available piece of deleted footage, from deleted scenes to shots found scattered throughout documentaries. It runs about half an hour longer or so - Never seen it myself, but I'd like to. I'll try and find the site that has it for sale.

Darkness

Darkness

But where did the deleted scenes come from originally? They've only been released on the official DVDs.

SiL

SiL

Yes, exactly. The guy took every piece of available footage from the DVDs, be they full deleted scenes or shots in documentaries, and re-edited them into the movie to make it longer.

Darkness

Darkness

But isn't that what the 2003 Director's cut is? It had almost every deleted scene in there.

SiL

SiL

Heck no, the DC was a half minute shorter than the Theatrical Cut! Scott removed 5 minutes and reinserted only 4 and a half.

And some of the scenes still weren't reinserted, or in the case of the cocoon sequence, survived abridged. Some minor shots were added - Alien hanging on te chains, knocking the catbox over - but that's about it.

Anyway:

http://www.asylum00.com/

Third or so down on the 'A' list.

Right under it is Alien3's workprint, to boot! ;D

Darkness

Darkness

Quote from: SiL on Apr 03, 2007, 09:03:03 PM
Heck no, the DC was a half minute shorter than the Theatrical Cut! Scott removed 5 minutes and reinserted only 4 and a half.

It was shorter? That seems a little strange that he'd remove already established scenes.

QuoteAnyway:

http://www.asylum00.com/

Third or so down on the 'A' list.

Right under it is Alien3's workprint, to boot! ;D

Hmm, I'd like to see the A3 workprint more than the other. I wouldn't buy from a US site though. You'd think stuff like this would be on ebay or even bittorrent, but sadly not.

SiL

SiL

The DC was really him just playing around with it. Mostly he just shortened the ends of scenes, but he also got rid of the mention of Ash replacing the science officer and Dallas talking to Mother.

As for the Alien 3 workprint, any scenes not in the current SE can be found on youtube.

If only the Redux was available for download somewhere.

Darkness

Darkness

QuoteAs for the Alien 3 workprint, any scenes not in the current SE can be found on youtube.

With bad quality though. I thought there'd have been more than the set that you pointed out. I actually contacted that guy the other day to ask him if he had any higher res versions. He told me it was the original quality.  :o

SiL

SiL

Yeah, it's only on VHS, and poor quality VHS at that.

May as well stick to the SE. The only valuable contribution would be the 40 second pause before Ripley says 'no' to Bishop, IMO.

SM

SM

QuoteWith bad quality though.

It's about as good as it's going to get after being copied 6734 times in the last 15 years.

One day I'll get around to transferring my copy to DVD and attempting a clean-up.  But it won't be anytime soon.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed