Net Gun/Launcher questions

Started by (Bad Blood), May 18, 2023, 06:45:27 AM

Author
Net Gun/Launcher questions (Read 976 times)

(Bad Blood)

(Bad Blood)

Hey everyone, I was wondering, are the Net Launchers used by City Hunter and Celtic Predator as powerful as the Net ball used by Feral Predator and we just never saw them finish the job in older films? Also second question, do you prefer the Net Launcher or The Net Ball?

Corporal Hicks

I like to think the netgun projectiles would end up in a similar result if we'd seen them finish the job.

Preference wise, I prefer Predator 2's. I don't mind the wrist mounted one from AvP, but I just prefer the more alien looking one from Predator 2.

(Bad Blood)

(Bad Blood)

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on May 18, 2023, 08:05:02 AMI like to think the netgun projectiles would end up in a similar result if we'd seen them finish the job.

Preference wise, I prefer Predator 2's. I don't mind the wrist mounted one from AvP, but I just prefer the more alien looking one from Predator 2.
That's what I was thinking but wanted some secondary opinions, so I definitely agree! I as well prefer the original design from Predator 2, it just is so unique looking, love the little spikes on it as well.

SiL

SiL

I don't think the P2/AvP nets would have the same result, just because I think the fact the nets were spread out - and the "pins" aren't completely flush with the wall - would prevent the motors exerting enough force to completely cube the victim. But they do cut enough through the person to kill them.

I like all of them, honestly. I think each has different use cases - for example, I think wrist-mounting it in AvP makes sense against the Alien, whereas a gun or ball you can throw is fine against a human.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed