Black Super Predator?

Started by vortep, Sep 30, 2009, 07:05:09 PM

Author
Black Super Predator? (Read 212,779 times)

keylight-di

keylight-di

Quote from: PatrinAVP11 on Dec 16, 2009, 09:58:31 PM
Yeah, I definitely felt Predator 2 created the deeper meaning and story behind predators which made them a stronger icon to everyone, even after we were given the first Predator, which was the whole basis of the character.

I don't see why they need to have the BSP's exactly, but I guess it's to be assumed that all predators arn't neccesarily honorable like most others. Does it make it the better choice? Not sure yet, but like I said if they at least get a lot of characteristics of the predator right and give us an entertaining film. I can't complain too much.

I'm still very excited to see the movie when it comes out. I have hopes it'll be a good film.
But why they need to be more scary? I don't think that "scary" it's key-word. They should be mysterious,cruel, a little misunderstood, but scary? Yes, only in limits. It's not so important. Because we could make him just another bloody monster, which many in the movies, if we only need him to be "scary". And - it seems - it's RR idea... :-\
Potency of P2  was to create a myth. Some answers to the questions we asking since P1.
And now RR is killing this myth. And it hurts.
I hope, just like you, that everything will end well. That all these fears are unfounded. We'll see this in the cinema.
Hope dies last.
But nightmares are still alive.  ;)

Pinkman

Pinkman

QuoteWinston's Predator to me, is the best, and it will always be the best. You can't ever go wrong with the original. There isn't anything wrong with the original. You don't need to change the original. Why? Because it's a classic.

Unfortunately, Rodriguez thinks otherwise.
Well, who said there was something wrong with the original ? the original is the reason why this movie is being made in the first place. Didn't RR say the original is a masterpiece? Besides, no one can change the original, because it's done and out there, so I don't really see your point. He just doesn't want to copy what has been made, and you know, just want to do a new movie.

I don't care about this whole geek debate around what should or should not be a predator, people here are excessively possessive about the character anyway, but you are making assumptions about the intentions of RR and the filmmakers that are truly unfair. That, just because an ordinary/original predator gets killed and that makes you angry. Are you a child or something ?

..What? Rodriguez might as well say that the original is obsolete and not cool anymore... oh wait... He has been saying that, or rather implying it.
Again, childish behavior because you get your favorite toy getting killed, so you feel betrayed. And it's just that, a character getting killed because it is diminished, wounded and facing its equal and enhanced mate in perfect shape. It logically loses in a direct intense fight, the one with favorable circumstances win, end of story. No big deal.

The challenge... I don't know where did you get that? If the predator liked challenge so much, why would it make itself invisible to begin with ? A predator doesn't hunt for challenge, it just loves to feel a total control on its prey, watching it trying to desesperately escape from its inevitable fate. And when things are getting out of hand like in the final battle with Dutch in the original, it gets pretty pissed off and frustrated. It hates being in a challenging situation. A predator is a primitive beast basically seeking the same feeling Edwin experiments when he's pulling the wings off that butterfly, or when a kid takes pleasure at chasing a bug. At least that's what I get from P1. In fact, Edwin is the perfect human enbodiment of the predator ( he has a truly great exchange with Isabelle about that ), hence why he wants to stay there at the end, and that's an interesting idea. Yeah, it's not the same direction taken by P2, but since I'm not a fan of P2, that's fine with me. I'd even say the predators in this, even less subtle in their methods and behaviors, are much closer to the pred portrayed by Mctiernan than the preds in P2.

jordan

jordan

Quote from: Pinkman on Dec 16, 2009, 11:23:51 PM

Well, who said there was something wrong with the original ? the original is the reason why this movie is being made in the first place.

Lets not go that far.  This movie is being made because Predator = $$$.  You'd (Almost) think some of the stuff in this was written with merchandise in mind.  Predator dogs etc.

Master

Master

Quote from: RakaiThwei on Dec 16, 2009, 09:50:03 PM
Quote from: PatrinAVP11 on Dec 16, 2009, 09:27:48 PM
I think the characterization is definitely almost just as important. I was very impressed with Ian Whytes performance in AVP-R, because he really seemed to become familiar with the movements and the suit so he did a good job. It's too bad he won't be in the suit for this film.

Hopefully Derek Mears knows what he needs to do to make it work...

It's more than just the movements of the man in the suit. It's much, much, much more deeper than that.

Having the appearance is a good thing, having the movements down is good but as I said it's much more deeper than either of those two. Something which Predator 2 has set as a standard with the Ghost Predator character aka Pussyface which helped expand Predators as we know them and set that bar.

Predators needing to upgrade themselves genetically... it's been beaten like a dead horse but I'll say it, is redundant. Fans have said that it is cheating in the hunt, and I agree.

These Predators don't hunt for the thrill, nor do they handicap themselves to give the hunt more sport or challenge which both Diablo Predator (Anytime) or Ghost Predator (Pussyface) did in Predator 1 and 2.

It's this element which is... I think crucial and makes the Predator, the Predator...

I just don't see this element in these BSPs.

-Rakai'Thwei

You are missing a point a bit. Those aren`t Hunter Predators but Poacher Predators as they don`t fallow earlier stated rules. As it was stated on fan poster "their world, their rules" - and it`s really best explanation.

About them fitting in existing hierarchy, they are from entirely different clan. Maybe only those three.

pmaz11

pmaz11

Quote from: Master on Dec 17, 2009, 05:15:52 PM

You are missing a point a bit. Those aren`t Hunter Predators but Poacher Predators as they don`t fallow earlier stated rules. As it was stated on fan poster "their world, their rules" - and it`s really best explanation.

About them fitting in existing hierarchy, they are from entirely different clan. Maybe only those three.

Yeah. That is really the only explanation, aside the fact of them being mutated and what not if that is the case? cuz idk why that would have to be important necessarily...but as long as they explain that.

Quote from: keylight-di on Dec 16, 2009, 10:48:27 PM

They should be mysterious,cruel, a little misunderstood, but scary?

I think that they are trying to do that by incorporating these BSP's, because I feel like it is the approach they are taking to make the predator characters seem more unknown and unnatural, so the audience doesn't see the EXACT same thing they have before, because then there isn't quite as much excitement and curiosity that comes with the predators. As long as these predators are different in their own way, but at the same time don't alter the classic appearance of the predators TOO MUCH, than it could very well make the predators a great addition to the variety of clans/predators we haven't seen before.

RakaiThwei

RakaiThwei

Quote from: Master on Dec 17, 2009, 05:15:52 PM

Now that part I am willing to accept. I just don't like the idea of the entire Predator race hunting their prey just to assimilate DNA into their bodies to mutate themselves into abominations. Now there is nothing in the script, as far as I recall, that suggest that they are Bad Bloods, or if this is just one single, and perhaps dying, clan.

Now.... as MysticNinja said, wherever he is, the script seems to imply that there is something of a civil war between the Black Super Predators and the normal Predators with the scenes of Super Predator and normal Predator skeletons, and the last normal Predator surviving his torture but then dying in his fight for retribution.

So... any theories as to if why normal Predators and Super Predators are fighting one another? I'd like to hear them.

Any theories as to how this mutant poaching clan could affect established Predator culture or what?

-Rakai'Thwei

Highland

Highland

I'd say there might be room for an explanation in the novelisation, there isn't really a way of explaining any of those points through visualisation or character dialog. I get the feeling this movie just wants to pace along once it gets going.

That's a good thing though, The original did the same and was all the better for it.

Moody

Moody

Black super predator VS. Normal Predator, this I'd love to see:

Doomofman

Doomofman

Where's that pic from? Looks awesome

Moody

Moody

Some new comic I believe.

keylight-di

keylight-di

Quote from: Moody on Dec 19, 2009, 01:45:28 PM
Black super predator VS. Normal Predator, this I'd love to see:

Here you go:
Predator #3, Publication date: october 28, 2009, DH.

http://www.darkhorse.com/Comics/16-110/Predator-3

Beautiful... There are many wonderful ideas... I love it. :)

keylight-di

keylight-di

Quote from: RakaiThwei on Dec 19, 2009, 05:06:44 AM
Now that part I am willing to accept. I just don't like the idea of the entire Predator race hunting their prey just to assimilate DNA into their bodies to mutate themselves into abominations. Now there is nothing in the script, as far as I recall, that suggest that they are Bad Bloods, or if this is just one single, and perhaps dying, clan.

Now.... as MysticNinja said, wherever he is, the script seems to imply that there is something of a civil war between the Black Super Predators and the normal Predators with the scenes of Super Predator and normal Predator skeletons, and the last normal Predator surviving his torture but then dying in his fight for retribution.

So... any theories as to if why normal Predators and Super Predators are fighting one another? I'd like to hear them.

Any theories as to how this mutant poaching clan could affect established Predator culture or what?

-Rakai'Thwei
Ideas? That mean speculations? Out of the canon? OK. ;D

If BSP clan and "normal" clan are fighting there has to be seriously reason. IMO it's not about domination, but about constancy and faithfulness for rules. We have to presume, that "normal" clan it's clan which keeps rules of honour, including rules of  equal fight with enemy/ equal hunting for prey.  So they are opposed to mutations, kidnapping of preys, etc. etc. Everything what we can see in BSP clan. This is cardinal reason of this war. Principles. "Normal" clan keeps their rules as constant philosophy tracing  their way by life. BSP clan tries to find shorter way. It has to be cause of war. Like medieval crusade, but on different platform.
Does it make sense? All my concept? For me - yes, it does. For everyone, who hates any idea of honourable hunters - it doesn't  ;). It's only speculations, so don't go mad.  ;)

And - yea, there are no allusions about Bad Blood in script. There are no allusions about anything relating Preds, mutating or not. Everything is in minds and imagination of fans. Like always. ;)
So - what do you think about it?

MrLee

MrLee

Hopefully if they do a Black Predator, it will be a Samual L Jackson kind of Predator. Imagine Jackson delivering the "ugly motherf**ker" line.

keylight-di

keylight-di

Quote from: mrlee on Dec 19, 2009, 05:32:56 PM
Hopefully if they do a Black Predator, it will be a Samual L Jackson kind of Predator. Imagine Jackson delivering the "ugly motherf**ker" line.
Where from such a hypothesis?
Samuel L. Jackson as mutated outcast? I don't think so. BTW we can suppose how he looks like. Not like S.L. Jackson. Absolutely.  ;D

Mystic Ninja

Mystic Ninja

@Keylight-di

Although its just speculation I believe the script does subtly hint at a division between BSP and normal Preds - I have already mentioned the scenes that hint at this several times.

As to the reasons, I'm not sure. Its possible that some Predators, a minority, want to geneticaly enhance themselves by incorporating the genes of "worthy" prey so that they become stronger.They use the planet, which Predators(2010) is set, as a "laboratory" to test prey and single out the best and strongest and then using the strongest prey DNA to enhance  themselves. May be they do it to hunt bigger badder Prey that we have not heard off or may be even to hunt other Predators!?

Many of critised the BSP for not behaving like true Predators by kidnapping prey, not hunting on preys turf, using Predator birds and dogs to weaken prey ect but I believe that they make it as hard as possible since they want the genetic material of the toughest and best prey! Any Prey that can survive the planet, the dogs and the BSP is one tough sob and therefore they have genes which the Predator wants!

I don't believe the Alien planet in Predators is a hunting ground, I believe its a massive glorified "mouse maze" - like the one scientist use to test mice in laboratories.

This belief in genetic enhancement and playing with nature has caused conflict with the normal Predators, who prefer to hunt with honour and as nature intended. Resulting in a massive conflict.

This is just my crazy theory. All speculation but you asked...

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed