HBO Programme Screenshots!

Started by Darkness, Aug 07, 2004, 12:00:13 AM

Author
HBO Programme Screenshots! (Read 23,115 times)

OberonQA

OberonQA

When I think of the scene where the Aliens are biting the Queen to break her chains, I think of the scene in Alien Resurrection where there are three Aliens being held in an observation tank.  Two of the Aliens attack and ultimately kill the youngest/weakest/whatever Alien in the chamber in order to use it's blood to break out of the chamber.  The Aliens are very much like ants in this regard... they aren't afraid to harm, maim, or even kill a member of the hive if it means the survival of the hive (though in the instance of the Aliens biting the Alien Queen, the goal isn;t to maim or kill her... it's to free her from her bonds).  I also recall seeing/hearing something somewhere that the Predators were giving the Queen some kind of chemical that inhibited her ability to lay eggs except in 100-year intervals.  With that in mind, I'm willing to accept on faith the Predators have the knowledge and technology to have acid-proof weaponry and equipment.  Taking an Alien Queen, chaining her up, and giving her an egg-producing inhibitor/drug does imply a high degree of Alien knowledge.  But even with acid-resistant weaponry and gear, the whole "rite-of-passage" scenario is still plausible.  The teenage Predators are still in a high degree of danger while inside the Pyramid.  They are just better equipped to deal with the upcoming challenges.  Maybe one of the purposes of the "rite-of-passage" is to teach young preds that in the hunt, you have to rely on more than just weaponry.  Maybe that is the final lesson a young Predator has to learn before becoming "a man".  This is all just hypothisis though... we'll know all the details in 5 days.  ;-)

Galmorzu

Galmorzu

We really don't know why the pyramid changes shape the way it does.  If it really is to create a maze for the preds to fight the aliens in, then why would it be hard to assume that the preds would want the aliens to get around the place in order to make the hunt more dangerous and unpredictable?  This rite of passage is to find out who the real warrior is, so they're going to be challenged to their limits.  Allowing the aliens to be anywhere at anytime just makes it harder on the preds and makes their possible success all the more deserved.

OberonQA

OberonQA

Galmorzu makes a great point about the actual hunt.  We've already established this is a "rite-of-passage" for the teenage preds and as such it should be dangerous.  It should be an ultimate warriors test.  Combine Galmorzu's theory about the chaotic/unpredictable nature of the hunt and my theory about teaching young preds the necessity of relying on more than just weaponry and you may very well have the heart-and-soul of why the preds use the Aliens and why the Pyramid acts as it does.

Galmorzu

Galmorzu

Bingo     8)  

Ermac

Ermac

Sorry if this has been pointed out before.  Did you see the little nod to the "Knife-thing" scene in Aliens when they were discussing Weyland? He was jabbing his pen in-between his fingers while looking at the computer. That is f**king genius. Paul really has put effort into this.

Galmorzu

Galmorzu

Yeah, I caught that.  It was a nice touch.  I wonder what other nods he's put into the movie?

J

J

Paul Anderson seems to have really done his homework, nice reference to Aliens,     oh yeah, Galmorzu, great point there     :)  

AdamJZ

AdamJZ

its just out on the streets, next to the theater, and stuff like that, lots of merchandise, and also , if Im there early, I will get a look at the stars themselves.

inkedspawn

inkedspawn

well what can i say guys, that hbo thing was just great. celtic looked alot better in those shots but u still gotta love scar, shame fish gill doesnt get any shots really.u thunk the unmasked pred we see is scar and the face looks great.

J

J

Sorry guys but I can't still get over that ' Scar swing the Queen Alien ' moment, I can't see it yet but DAMN.    some one please tell me more on that scene

ElTiburon

ElTiburon

I haven't seen the HBO special but from what you guys have said and from the pics i've seen, it looks like Paul did a really good job. The knife thing with Weyland is genius, that is sumthing i never would of thought of. And i remember the days when everybody doubted him lol....

Alex Villalobos

Alex Villalobos

;D   this movie looks way better then what i thought it would look like cant what next Friday

Variable

Variable

Hey everybody. How the hell are ya? lol. Im back again. Got back from Florida. For the record I made out pretty well. I only got a point on my lisence and a 2,000$ fine.  After the judge said I was fined 2000$ I said "Your honer 2,000$ wouldnt pay for half the contept I got for this court" He wasnt to happy with me. I made out okay but my doorless driving days are over. I seem to leave just when evrything started to get good. Look at all this new shit. The HBO special was GREAT! The new spots are cool and we have less than a week to wait guys! New cips and this special is alot to take in. This movie is going to do great. On friday the 13th 2004 this movie is going to be released to the public and it will rock. Thanks to everybody who wished me luck with my case. We are at the high point of this stuff guys and its going to get beter.

Ermac

Ermac

I'm sorry but I mist point out this fantastic moment in the Special. My counter has it at   6:10, and it's the moment where Lex has impaled an Alien with a spear. This moment shows so much fear in her face. Not only are the creautres geat, but the actors can act! God damn!

ElTiburon

ElTiburon

Doorless driving days?!?! I ahve high hopes for this movie...The first two weeks after it's released there are no other anticipated or good action movies coming out, so i am confident it will make big bucks...

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed